CALL YOUR PICKS....THE GAME!

2. Zach (The “Zach sucks” clique whines hysterically)

23. JOK (The “offense only” crew whines hysterically)

34. Leatherwood (The whole board rejoices)

In all seriousness, The run on IOL and OT probably allows an Elite Edge or LB prospect like Azeez, JOK or Zaven to slip. Joe is not going to say no to that kind of value. That frees up Leatherwood or Creed at 34.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Is there any other team that needs interior lineman as desperately as the Jets do? 

I think the teens could be a bloodbath for our OL hope and if they want Jenkins or AVT they’ll have to move up. 

At this point if they sit still for all 3 (doubtful) id guess QB EDGE OL

• Upvote 1

One of two scenarios:

At 23 trade up for the last of AVT or Jenkins followed by trade down at 34

or

Stand pat at 23 and take best value at edge, LB or CB and at 34 the  best, w/o regard to value, interior IOL. I say w/o regard to value because I  think JD wants to get an IOL no lower than 34 at all costs.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

they are going to pick Wilson

let posterity show they should pick Pitts or maybe Sewell 

i don't think they will pick at 23 proper will probably trade out 

If we didn't take Wilson and don't trade out and take either Pitts or Sewell Douglas should be fired. 

#2 Trade down with Philly for 1.12 and 2.5, and two future firsts.

#12 Slater..

#23 Trade.   Our #23 and one Philly first for Deshaun Watson.   #redemptionstories

#34 Etienne.

#37 Wyatt Davis

Tank next year with Morgan.   #trusttheprocess
2023 Championship                 #noshortcuts

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

If we didn't take Wilson and don't trade out and take either Pitts or Sewell Douglas should be fired. 

we don't have to worry about any of all that 

JD is putting his career on ZW 

it's a big swing, if he misses they aren't going to let him take another wack at it that high again 

• Sympathy 1

we don't have to worry about any of all that 
JD is putting his career on ZW 
it's a big swing, if he misses they aren't going to let him take another wack at it that high again 
I think it's a hit.... the miss wouod look like Sam Bradford ... which is infinitely better than anything we have had here including Chad.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Just now, Dunnie said:

I think it's a hit.... the miss wouod look like Sam Bradford ... which is infinitely better than anything we have had here including Chad.

Sam Bradford is an interesting comp as is Chad, especially with the injury thing 

if ZW can avoid getting hurt he can be a star

that first part is easier said than done 

• Upvote 1

I was thinking of having an "On The Clock" Jets pick thread. Since we cannot know who will be there at 23, 34, etc.. at this time.  Would be cool to see who many here would take and look back on it in a couple years.

• Upvote 2

Trying to predict the first round... we'd need a lot of luck to get a sniff of AVT/Jenkins. Even via trade. 

The range that we'd like to move up to, say 12 to 20, is full of teams that need OL (Chargers, Vikings, Dolphins, WFT, Chicago). Minnesota and Miami could take edge, we need a run on edges in the teens. The Eagles are not going to drop down a second time. The Cardinals might pick up the phone, but could have Devonta fall in the laps. Would the Raiders be a team willing to move down?

I hope we have an agreement in place with Las Vegas, because we could be staring at a board with Darrisaw (13), AVT (14), JOK (17), Collins (19) Jenkins (20), Newsome (trade, 21) all gone, and that's not ideal.

6 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

2. Zach (The “Zach sucks” clique whines hysterically)

23. JOK (The “offense only” crew whines hysterically)

34. Leatherwood (The whole board rejoices)

In all seriousness, The run on IOL and OT probably allows an Elite Edge or LB prospect like Azeez, JOK or Zaven to slip. Joe is not going to say no to that kind of value. That frees up Leatherwood or Creed at 34.

I will not whine, I will bleat, bellow , snort derisively, yell, stomp my feet, curse douglas but i will not whine.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Alworth said:

One of two scenarios:

At 23 trade up for the last of AVT or Jenkins followed by trade down at 34

or

Stand pat at 23 and take best value at edge, LB or CB and at 34 the  best, w/o regard to value, interior IOL. I say w/o regard to value because I  think JD wants to get an IOL no lower than 34 at all costs.

I'm going to fine-tune below the first scenario in my earlier post quoted above.

#86 is worth 160 on Walter Football's draft chart and is JD's trade up budget for either of the  two named OL (just my opinion). Highest he can go without giving addiitional capital is #18  (because #23 [760] plus 160 is 920, 20 more than the Walter Football value of 900 for 18). JD may or may not haggle to even things out, because if only one of AVT or Jenkins is there he's all in.

If someone wants to do similar analysis with a different value chart that is their go-to, that's great. I'm just trying to lay out a way of looking at things.

Fly in my ointment is that #18 is owned by Miami, but I'll hope hard that #23 and #86 can work for the Fish.

8 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I did not know Eichenberg could play G?

Said Bob McGinn of the Athletic about Eichenberg:  "I'm not sure he coudn't play every position."

Speaking of the offensive line of course. Mel Kiper said of Eichenberg:' Late first is a possibllity.' Speaking of when he can get drafted.

Said Eichenberg: " I'm a guy you can plug in and play right away.  I'nm not a guy that needs a lot of development. I've been coached well.  I use my technique and my fundamentals very well."

No Jets fan that I know of thinks that he can be drafted #23 by the Jets, but I think it's a possibility depending on who has been drafted before #23, and who is still on the board.  Certainly, if Eichenberg is on the board at #34, and the Jets have not yet drafted an offensive lineman at #23, then I am confident he will be in the mix.

Here is my final Mock Draft and if this were to come to fruition, I'm not sure what I'd do.  JD took 4 players from my mock last year, so I'm  hoping for a reoccurrence this year. Although, I doubt waddle/tucker are there at these picks, but stranger things have happened.

Screenshot_20210428-200433.png