Dan Campbell continues to amuse everyone by wearing IndyCar helmet to press conference

https://www.audacy.com/sports/nfl/dan-campbell-wears-indycar-racing-helmet-to-press-conference

Dan Campbell continues to amuse everyone by wearing IndyCar helmet to press conference

By John Healy, Audacy

34 minutes ago

It is never a dull moment with Dan Campbell around.

The Detroit Lions head coach has certainly been an amusing personality since he was hired earlier this year, and he continued his entertainment when he conducted his press conference on Thursday while wearing a racing helmet.

Campbell donned the helmet because he will serve as Grand Marshal at the Detroit Grand Prix on Saturday, June 12.

“As you can see, I’m pretty excited about that,” Campbell said at the podium, which was conducted over Zoom. “It gives me a chance to see our fans, who I know will be out there. But then, just watch a good race out there.”

Naturally, football fans of all kinds on social media loved it.

Campbell has already had his fair share of quote, or in this case, meme-worthy moments with the media.

At his opening press conference in January, Campbell said “we’re going to bite a kneecap off” when discussing the toughness he hopes to instill in the team.

The plaque outside his office reads “Head Coach/The Dude” and he referred to himself as a “true alpha.”

Recently, he even suggested getting a real-life pet lion to bring to practice.

Whether or not Campbell brings results to Detroit remains to be seen, but one thing for sure is he knows how to make things interesting.

He’s definitely taking the Rex Ryan approach to HCing.  

The press will be amused, will yuk it up for a short while and if he wins some games.  Then if he isn’t winning will turn on him in a heart beat and call all the things they were amused by as part of a Clown Show and advocate his immediate firing.

Then he’ll take a seat on ESPNs NFL Live panel

• Upvote 2

Campbell has the goofy idiot ignore my incompetence part of Rex down... remains to be seen if he can master being a manipulative narcisssit behind the scenes.

Also, would be great to hear Packers fans say “Well, Dan Campbell always played us tough.” as he leads the lions to 3 wins over the Packers in 6 years and 12+ total matchups.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

He's funny man. 

But he's also serious. He's not scared of coming into a losing locker room. 

And he's willing to attempt literally ANYTHING to change Detroit's culture. He gets it. 

And for a longtime suffering Detroit fan base I believe he's already a breath of fresh air for that passionate and hungry fan base. 

He's the type of man who can get your team on Hard Knocks.

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's funny man. 

But he's also serious. He's not scared of coming into a losing locker room. 

And he's willing to attempt literally ANYTHING to change Detroit's culture. He gets it. 

And for a longtime suffering Detroit fan base I believe he's already a breath of fresh air for that passionate and hungry fan base. 

He's the type of man who can get your team on Hard Knocks.

If you are good on hard knocks you are usually a sh*tty coach.

Hard knocks goes looking or clown shows.

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you are good on hard knocks you are usually a sh*tty coach.

Hard knocks goes looking or clown shows.

I don't know. We (2010) went to an AFC Championship Game appearance off of it. 

At the end of the day you want to have fun as a fan.

And at least Hard Knocks is fun for fans to have a Football show devoted to their team for that off-season. 

And Detroit Lions fans have been deprived of fun for a long time; not even #20 could win for them. 

I'd love for them to feature this current team under Saleh (although, not eligible). 

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Campbell has the goofy idiot ignore my incompetence part of Rex down... remains to be seen if he can master being a manipulative narcisssit behind the scenes.

Also, would be great to hear Packers fans say “Well, Dan Campbell always played us tough.” as he leads the lions to 3 wins over the Packers in 6 years and 12+ total matchups.

Also don’t forget the team will have “great” practices prior to blowout losses.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Just thankful the Jets are on a completely different trajectory.

Not enough is said about how Joe Douglas turned the perception of this franchise around almost immediately at seasons end after years of such dreadful energy. We were (according to the media) the biggest clown show in all of sports so much that Trevor Lawrence should debate whether or not to stay another year in college. The Lions and Jacksonville (ironically) on the surface look like a disaster waiting to happen as we, as you stated, are on a completely different trajectory.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Not enough is said about how Joe Douglas turned the perception of this franchise around almost immediately at seasons end after years of such dreadful energy. We were (according to the media) the biggest clown show in all of sports so much that Trevor Lawrence should debate whether or not to stay another year in college. The Lions and Jacksonville (ironically) on the surface look like a disaster waiting to happen as we, as you stated, are on a completely different trajectory.

It's almost like some of us predicted exactly this....