*** Around the League ***

nycdan

7 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

ODELL BECKHAM JR.DROPS $1.8 MIL ON ICED-OUT TEETH... 13 Carat Diamonds!!!

Next time you see Odell Beckham, ask him to smile ... and you'll witness a $1.8 million dollar grin!!!

Sources tell TMZ Sports ... the Cleveland Browns star pretty much has a mansion in his mouth now ... after hitting up celeb dentist Dr. Thomas Connelly to get some natural porcelain veneers done.

But, the 28-year-old didn't ask for your regular pearly whites ... he wanted his on a different level -- framed with a load of diamonds ... and Connelly delivered!

OBJ's new teeth look AMAZING ... with a iced-out cross on his fang and the back of his teeth -- on both sides -- infused with gems.

We're told Connelly -- who's made icy teeth for Post Malone and Chris Brown -- did a 28 unit full mouth reconstruction ... and it carries 13 carat diamonds!!!

The 3-time Pro Bowler dropped $1.8 MILLION on his new teeth ... but it won't hurt his pockets -- he's made over $60M in his NFL career so far.

It'll be nice to see the guy get back on the field after going down with a season-ending injury in November 2020 ... but wear a pair of shades if you stare at his smile ... just in case.

6e7c55b6bc384d39aed07e39ef048f53_md.jpg

4657b993fa4f4e33b69b94d89246d4c0_md.jpg

This (talented) fool is going to get his ass kidnapped and they will rob him with a plyers, sad to say.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I see your point of view but I don’t think Watson has leverage in anything at this point. Texans might have to lower their price a bit but they will still get a lot.  If they have to wait then they will wait.  They might even hope he gets put on the commissioners exempt list to keep him out of the building. 

Oh no, I completely agree. I don't think Watson has much leverage at all. He's on a brand new contract and his image is sh*t right now. My thought was that if Watson is showing up and causing media drama or just a negative presence to have around the team right now, it could be that the Texans have lost some leverage with potential trade partners (not with Watson). I think Hou was hoping to ride out this season as smoothly as possible and look to trade him next year when, hopefully, he's resolved the suits against him. If Watson is making it difficult for them to keep him around this year, I think they've lost a lot of leverage with potential trade partners. 

This situation has changed tremendously since it first came out and people were struggling to even guess a compensation that would be high enough for Watson. 

11 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Philip Rivers says he's 'staying ready,' won't close door on possible NFL return

Months after he announced his retirement from the NFL, former quarterback Philip Rivers says he isn't ruling out a return.

Rivers, who retired in January after one season with the Indianapolis Colts following 16 with the Chargers, told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday that he is staying in shape in case a situation presents itself for a late-season stint in the NFL.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 "I'm not quite there," Rivers, 39, told the Times. "I'm getting back there. I wouldn't have made weight if I had to report last week, that's for sure. But I am getting back into the lifting and running, and shoot, I occasionally throw a ball around out here in this heat. It's not too hard to get a good lather going.                                                                    "I'm just going to stay ready. I want to make sure I'm very clear: I'm not predicting I will play in December or January, for that matter. One, you've got to have somebody who wants you, and two, it's got to be right.

"But I have not completely ruled that out."

Rivers, a five-time Pro Bowler who ranks fifth in NFL history with 63,440 passing yards, led the Colts to the playoffs last season, throwing for 4,169 yards and 24 touchdowns. Indianapolis lost to Buffalo in an AFC wild-card game.

The Colts announced Monday that quarterback Carson Wentz will have surgery on his injured left foot and will be out five to 12 weeks.

Rivers currently is in his first year as head football coach of St. Michael Catholic High School in Alabama. According to maxpreps.com, the team's final regular-season game is scheduled for Oct. 29, which is Week 8 of the NFL season.

He wouldn't have made weight last week, but now he's starting to work out again? ... Not a statement that inspires much confidence for potential teams, huh? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Wow. Not sure where the text in the pic came from, but whatever it is, it stands out to me as a pretty brutally honest write up. Usually at this stage, most reporters will still downplay struggles; its the first week, finding their rhythm etc. For someone to be waving a red flag that loudly THIS early, Burrow must be looking REALLY bad. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Genuine debacle passing on Sewell. Great as Chase may be their line was just such a mess.

Definitely! You lose your FQB in his rookie season to an injury and your move is to pass on "the next generational" LT? Horrible move. 

Especially since Chase is no Eli Moore ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Wow. Not sure where the text in the pic came from, but whatever it is, it stands out to me as a pretty brutally honest write up. Usually at this stage, most reporters will still downplay struggles; its the first week, finding their rhythm etc. For someone to be waving a red flag that loudly THIS early, Burrow must be looking REALLY bad. 

The text was extracted from column written by Bengals writer in the Athletic.  Their version of Connor Hughes.

On 8/3/2021 at 4:01 PM, nycdan said:

For all the hooplah over Luck, they only got six seasons out of him and 1 AFCCG appearance where they got roasted by the Pats.

Hell, we got more out of Sanchez.

Luck is the more over-rated QB in my memory.  So much love, so little results on the field.  Generational, my ass.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Luck is the more over-rated QB in my memory.  So much love, so little results on the field.  Generational, my ass.

If he played just one season here, he’d be the 2nd most successful QB in Jets history.

Injuries did him in. When he was healthy, he was absolutely a star carrying some pretty bad teams. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Sounds like Seattle will blitz Adams less this year, which seemed inevitable:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/8/4/22609632/seattle-seahawks-jamal-adams-blitzer-coverage-nfl-news

For the Seahawks, being more ‘balanced’ also applies to Jamal Adams

By Mookie Alexander@mookiealexander  Aug 4, 2021, 10:45am PDT  

What should we expect of Jamal Adams in year two with the Seattle Seahawks? Well perhaps defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr can confirm your priors.

After Tuesday’s training camp, Norton had his media session and addressed the Seahawks defense as a whole, but focused a bit on the All-Pro safety and indicated that we won’t see him blitz as often this season.

“He came into a new situation last year where he didn’t know a lot of the defense and had to learn it really fast,’’ Norton said (via Seattle Times). “We’ve had an offseason with him now, and he’s been able to learn all of the coverages at a slow pace because he hasn’t been out there. You’ll see more of a balanced guy, not just a blitzer. You’ll see a blitzer as well as a cover guy. He’s a guy who play both sides so he will certainly be more well-rounded.”

So if the offensive side of the ball is Pete Carroll talking about being more balanced without saying we need a 50-50 pass-run split, the defensive side is on one individual but should have greater implications for playcalls as a whole.

Last year Adams led Seattle in sacks with 9.5, an NFL record for defensive backs, but that’s not necessarily a good thing when your safety is your best pass rusher. This was often the case throughout 2020 but was eased a bit when Carlos Dunlap was acquired via trade.

There were some struggles for Adams in coverage, which can be partially attributed to the lack of a normal offseason in addition to missing game time due to injury. He’s not actually participated in training camp or any drills this offseason as the team works on his contract extension and he recovers from surgeries.

Pro Football Reference credited Adams with 98 blitzes in the regular season, the most of his career and a higher percentage than any of his seasons with the New York Jets. You can see just how vastly different Seattle’s splits were with him on and off the field.

It’s an interesting situation for the Seahawks because Adams is no doubt exceptional at getting after the quarterback, but the cornerback depth by default ought to discourage continuing to send Adams as extra pressure.

The hope for this year is that the Seahawks d-line becomes a strength again. Seattle already blitzed at an above-average rate last season, but the defensive line notably bringing back Carlos Dunlap, signing Kerry Hyder Jr, and Aldon Smith (whose future is still far from certain even with his battery trial pushed back) surely was with the intention of primarily generating pressure through the defensive line as we’ve grown accustomed to at the height of Seattle’s defensive success.

Hopefully Seattle’s plans create something resembling better defensive balance than we’ve seen over the past two years.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Where are our Mangini fanboys?

These guys always bitch and whine but belichick has made a lot of players rich and given them super bowls.  Same with Tom Coughlin who was much alike.

Can you imagine if we had a coach who actually kicked revis and wilkerson etc asses rather than pat them on the head?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sounds like Seattle will blitz Adams less this year, which seemed inevitable:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/8/4/22609632/seattle-seahawks-jamal-adams-blitzer-coverage-nfl-news

For the Seahawks, being more ‘balanced’ also applies to Jamal Adams

By Mookie Alexander@mookiealexander  Aug 4, 2021, 10:45am PDT  

What should we expect of Jamal Adams in year two with the Seattle Seahawks? Well perhaps defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr can confirm your priors.

After Tuesday’s training camp, Norton had his media session and addressed the Seahawks defense as a whole, but focused a bit on the All-Pro safety and indicated that we won’t see him blitz as often this season.

“He came into a new situation last year where he didn’t know a lot of the defense and had to learn it really fast,’’ Norton said (via Seattle Times). “We’ve had an offseason with him now, and he’s been able to learn all of the coverages at a slow pace because he hasn’t been out there. You’ll see more of a balanced guy, not just a blitzer. You’ll see a blitzer as well as a cover guy. He’s a guy who play both sides so he will certainly be more well-rounded.”

So if the offensive side of the ball is Pete Carroll talking about being more balanced without saying we need a 50-50 pass-run split, the defensive side is on one individual but should have greater implications for playcalls as a whole.

Last year Adams led Seattle in sacks with 9.5, an NFL record for defensive backs, but that’s not necessarily a good thing when your safety is your best pass rusher. This was often the case throughout 2020 but was eased a bit when Carlos Dunlap was acquired via trade.

There were some struggles for Adams in coverage, which can be partially attributed to the lack of a normal offseason in addition to missing game time due to injury. He’s not actually participated in training camp or any drills this offseason as the team works on his contract extension and he recovers from surgeries.

Pro Football Reference credited Adams with 98 blitzes in the regular season, the most of his career and a higher percentage than any of his seasons with the New York Jets. You can see just how vastly different Seattle’s splits were with him on and off the field.

It’s an interesting situation for the Seahawks because Adams is no doubt exceptional at getting after the quarterback, but the cornerback depth by default ought to discourage continuing to send Adams as extra pressure.

The hope for this year is that the Seahawks d-line becomes a strength again. Seattle already blitzed at an above-average rate last season, but the defensive line notably bringing back Carlos Dunlap, signing Kerry Hyder Jr, and Aldon Smith (whose future is still far from certain even with his battery trial pushed back) surely was with the intention of primarily generating pressure through the defensive line as we’ve grown accustomed to at the height of Seattle’s defensive success.

Hopefully Seattle’s plans create something resembling better defensive balance than we’ve seen over the past two years.

Can't wait for his inevitable failure and then both him and the pundits roasting seattle for 'not using jamal properly'

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Came here to post the same.  The NFL can’t possibly let him play.  I can’t believe the Eagles are going to try and make this happen.

making a deal before you know the exact out come is just foolish by any team.  The only reason would be if you can get him at a ultra bargain basement cost.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Came here to post the same.  The NFL can’t possibly let him play.  I can’t believe the Eagles are going to try and make this happen.

Came here to post the same tweet and write the same thing, since I am in the wrong time zone and possibly a parallel universe I am way too late. 

Who is that Trapasso-guy?