*** Around the League ***

nycdan

29 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Here's the problem with Deshaun's behavior. It is INSANELY easy to find masseuses that will do the things that Watson wanted. But he intentionally wanted to coerce legitimate CMTs into doing it. Which is not awesome. If you listen to the accounts most of them were OK with him asking in the beginning (since they likely get asked ALL the time) but he would not stop at no. The reports are incredibly consistent.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think the Colts would have made it a contest, if they got decent play out of Wentz. Perhaps not.

I agree. Titans D, if anything like last year is a problem. And in a bad way for TN. 

14 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

11-6 going to win the AFC west.   Should have beat the chiefs twice last year as they clearly outplayed them both times.      Total rebuilt the defense , and have real defense coordinator Gus Bradley . ( kiss - keep it simple stupid)    Very fast defense that going to play like hockey lines on the defense line.  ( see all 10 DL rotated in all game) . All there lbs can run, and secondary been upgraded big time.    This Raiders defense just have to be average ,, with their offense( way better than 2020 version) is going to be one of the best offenses in football. 

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  

The Raiders should have lost to the Jets too.  

Another year, another Raiderholic prediction based on another new D, another new O, their great defense, hehehe

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Quarterback Sam Darnold threw two interceptions, one picked off by first-round pick Jaycee Horn (who had two on the day) and the other by safety Sean Chandler. Darnold looked off with his receivers throughout the day and had his worst practice yet, although it was not all on him. Rhule also pointed to Horn grabbing and holding receivers too often.

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article253195428.html#storylink=cpy

16 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Quarterback Sam Darnold threw two interceptions, one picked off by first-round pick Jaycee Horn (who had two on the day) and the other by safety Sean Chandler. Darnold looked off with his receivers throughout the day and had his worst practice yet, although it was not all on him. Rhule also pointed to Horn grabbing and holding receivers too often.

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article253195428.html#storylink=cpy

Poor Matt Rhule.  In OTAs he had to make up some nonsense on how he was happy Sam was playing terrible.

Now in training camp he has to make up stories about his rookie cb grabbing and holding.

I dont think Darnold makes it to halloween.  He will get benched.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

11-6 going to win the AFC west.   Should have beat the chiefs twice last year as they clearly outplayed them both times.      Total rebuilt the defense , and have real defense coordinator Gus Bradley . ( kiss - keep it simple stupid)    Very fast defense that going to play like hockey lines on the defense line.  ( see all 10 DL rotated in all game) . All there lbs can run, and secondary been upgraded big time.    This Raiders defense just have to be average ,, with their offense( way better than 2020 version) is going to be one of the best offenses in football. 

oakland.raiders.memes_2015_15.thumb.jpg.f42882fe15e52dd0d803b8ae6045467a.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

I've been reading the practice threads on a Panthers message board to see what their reaction is to Sam's "rocky" start - Overall it's pretty much exactly the same as ours his first 2 years. Not nessesarily blaming it on the same exact things that we did, but the same as in how the proposed explanations largely point to anything other than maybe Sam isn't that good. Read a bunch of posters sticking with how the INTs are on the WRs but unlike us, they aren't about to claim their WRs suck. No, the problem with the WRs is that their route timing is off because they aren't used to the velocity that Sam has? Ahhhh I get it, maybe that was his problem all along here too. And stupid me, this whole time I thought it was the QB that throws the ball to the WR when it's really the WR is running to the football ?. Overall I think anyone sh*thing on Panthers fans for being optimistic and defending of Darnold at this point are being ridiculous because we did the same exact thing with him for years and quite honestly if we signed a 23-24 year old 4th year former 3rd overall pick we'd also be doing everything to rationalize why it's going to work out for us no matter how far fetched or unlikely that scenario may be. Despite all the happiness around here for moving on from Sam (myself included), I honestly think we'd be complete hypocrites for Car fans defense of and general Overall optimisism for Sam. 

And just for kicks, we have this...

@HelenOfTroy??

Not the mono chick again! 

• Haha 3

Just now, Mogglez said:

J.T. Ibe was waived already.

That's the scary stuff.  Bubble guys who are so desperate to make a splash and get noticed but end up injuring other players.  

(That, Rex, is why you take your starters out of pre-season games as soon as the other team does.)

• Upvote 4