Becton Carted Off (MCL sprain)

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Man the takes here are so over the top in either direction. 

Lay out the facts... 

1- Wirfs was the safer and more stable pick to being with. Everyone knew it. JD even stated he picked Becton for upside. 

2- Becton WAS out of shape last year, by his own admission, and you could see it on field. 

3- Becton had a decent rookie campaign when he was on the field, nothing all pro, but looked to have a bright future. 

4- Becton did NOT deserve any ROY awards last year (what the actual **** lol)

5- Wirfs was the obvious better player by season end. 

6- Becton came into camp THIS year in much better shape.

7- Becton got his lunch money stolen all training camp. 

8- Becton looked absolutely atrocious this game and nearly got Zach killed. 

9- When Becton went out, the offense DID player better, regardless of game plan. 

I want to argue, but that is all true.

What is bizarre, Becton showed up in shape, and proceeded to have an awful camp.

• Upvote 2

People acting like a roll up injury has anything to do with conditioning are out of their minds. If he pulled a muscle you'd all have a better point. Ligamentous injuries with this mechanism of injury are just bad timing issues. That they listed him as doubtful is the only hope we have. Also did it ever occur to anyone that replacing fant with Moses might be more relevant. The lack of logic on this board never ceases to amaze. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, chirorob said:

I want to argue, but that is all true.

What is bizarre, Becton showed up in shape, and proceeded to have an awful camp.

Agreed. You have to wonder if he just cant acclimate to playing in the shape he is in. 

The whole thing Becton had going for him was his size. 

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Lay out the facts... 

1- Wirfs was the safer and more stable pick to being with. Everyone knew it. JD even stated he picked Becton for upside. 

2- Becton WAS out of shape last year, by his own admission, and you could see it on field. 

3- Becton had a decent rookie campaign when he was on the field, nothing all pro, but looked to have a bright future. 

9- When Becton went out, the offense DID player better, regardless of game plan. 

But #9 isn't a fact. The offense started playing better while Becton was on the field. He was on the field and part of 1/2 of our scores. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Lay out the facts... 

Not so sure if he came into camp this year in shape though. Salah even aluded to it months ago that he is "learning to take care of his body and fitness still, how to be a pro" - something to that effect. 

Just now, bgivs21 said:

But #9 isn't a fact. The offense started playing better while Becton was on the field. He was on the field and part of 1/2 of our scores. 

I suppose that's subjective, but Zach wasnt on his back as much after he went our and they changed up the line. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

Not so sure if he came into camp this year in shape though. Salah even aluded to it months ago that he is "learning to take care of his body and fitness still, how to be a pro" - something to that effect. 

He definitely was in better shape, he looked thinner, especially in the face and waist. 

Photo_2021-07-03_02-39-56_PM.png

Just now, JTJet said:

I suppose that's subjective, but Zach wasnt on his back as much after he went our and they changed up the line. 

In terms of sacks? No thats not true, we gave up 3 sacks in the 2nd half after Becton went out, two of which were stunts on the inside that our line screwed up. Idk what the total pressure/ hurried numbers are but the offense clearly turned a corner WHILE Becton was still in. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I don’t even feel bad for him.  

He was terrible all game.   When you get bull-rushed and/or beaten and thrown off balance every play… it was bound to happen that he got rolled up on in awkward fashion.

Never understood why fans think he is so great.

He isnt. At least not yet.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

That's still gonna take almost half the season to recover. 

Obviously below I'm just pulling random stuff off the internet, but what you wrote doesn't necessarily seem to be true (unless you have inside info):

On Nick Chubb:

Most MCL sprains to NFL players heal in 2-4 weeks, so this is pretty severe compared to a majority of MCL injuries. Surgery isn't usually needed for MCL sprains unless there's a major tear as this ligament is able to heal pretty well on its own.Oct 5, 2020

https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008-2018-nfp-archive/the-training-room/monday-morning-md-mcl-injuries-abound/

Big Ben reportedly suffered a grade 2 MCL sprain with a bone bruise in Week 3. This partial tear typically scars in enough to play by 2-4 weeks. After seeing the Steelers QB sans crutches in only four days (indicating the bone bruise is minor), I am on record saying Roethlisberger will play in October. 

1 minute ago, thshadow said:

Obviously below I'm just pulling random stuff off the internet, but what you wrote doesn't necessarily seem to be true (unless you have inside info):

On Nick Chubb:

https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008-2018-nfp-archive/the-training-room/monday-morning-md-mcl-injuries-abound/

I also have zero faith in Bectons rehab ability lol.

I still contend the correct pick was Ceedee Lamb or Jeudy. Hope he’s okay, but he’s made me cautiously optimistic from go. He was my 4th favorite OT.

I still think we could have move Fantvti LT last year and drafted a RT in later rounds.

• Upvote 2