Patsy week - The pig is ripe for slaughter

Just now, JiFapono said:

Yeah but like the Jets only scored 14 and 7 were in garbage time and the Pats have a better D then the Panthers.

Garbage time? That’s a stretch. 

That being said, I’m really worried that we are going to ruin Zach if this line play keeps up. David Carr says hi. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Us losing to the Pats with Mac having a better stat line than Wilson (even if not a better performance) feels like the lock of the century.

Not sure why such a thought would pop in to your head, I mean of all the pessimistic possibilities....oh right the Sam to Robby deep TD.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Wilson now has real game experience and was a better QB in the second half than he was in the first half. Crowder, Cole and Perrine will be back. So, the O should be better an continue to improve.  

He's very likely going to get the sh*t kicked out of him by the pass rush, but if he adapts and continues to learn like yesterday then I think he can have a good game overall. Belichick is the rookie eater, so if Wilson can have another gritty and good game I'll be happy. Having some guys back should help out on multiple fronts, but ya never know. 

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

12 pigs have died of old age while we have been patiently waiting.

The pig has already been slaughtered.  But it was done by someone else.  We are just hoping not to be roasted ourselves.  And maybe, if we are lucky, can pick at the carcass for a few leftover scraps of pork.

• Haha 1

Just now, yvj said:

Not sure why such a thought would pop in to your head, I mean of all the pessimistic possibilities....oh right the Sam to Robby deep TD.

The Jets are 2-18 against the Patriots in their last 20 games including 10 consecutive losses. 

After what we witnessed yesterday it's really hard to be optimistic entering any game, let alone against a team that just beats us over and over and over every single year.

The last time we played the Patriots and I genuinely believed we'd win was also the last time we played on SNF -- 2011. We lost 37-16

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Don’t want to sound cruel but at some point we have to slaughter the pig. All these years, we can probably serve the entire fan base 2.5” and 2lbs pork chops .

I want to say it’s like the Yankees and the twins, but that hurts right now