Patsy week - The pig is ripe for slaughter

22 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The Jets are 2-18 against the Patriots in their last 20 games including 10 consecutive losses. 

After what we witnessed yesterday it's really hard to be optimistic entering any game, let alone against a team that just beats us over and over and over every single year.

The last time we played the Patriots and I genuinely believed we'd win was also the last time we played on SNF -- 2011. We lost 37-16

Sorry if I wasn't clear, the possibility of that happening on the heels of Sam dropping that bomb to Robby for a TD, is as close to the probability of the sun rising tomorrow morning. I took a longer and sillier route to expressing that opinion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

Absolutely.  Crush keeps calling himself fat.  But I saw at least three women on my walk today who had asses bigger than him. 

I really don't see Crush as being all that big.

I didn’t have to google any of those words, and I agree! But I can’t unfat shame ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark78 said:

BB is gonna blitz like crazy…Lafleur better come up with some plays to negate the rush or it’s gonna be a long game.

It's likely going to be who can run better to help their rookie QB out. We do have a QB that gives us a chance if we can't run, but heck Darnold without the run game from MacCaffrey likely gets killed by us yesterday both physically and on the scoreboard. 

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Belichick eats rookie QBs alive. I think people need to be prepared for this one to get ugly.

SO WHAT! ROBERT SALEH'S DEFENSES EAT ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS ALIVE AND THEN SH!T% THEM OUT MAKING SKID MARKS. I THINK PATSY FANS NEED TO BRACE THEMSELVES FOR THEIR PRECIOUS MAC JONES TO STANK IT UP THIS SUNDAY.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

They struggled to score 16 points.

That might be all they need this week.  Belichick is notoriously brilliant at making rookie QB's suffer, especially in the first meeting.  His defense is much better than it was last year and is also better than Carolina's.  Belichick is also very good at beating Jets QB's.  And very good at beating the Jets.  My guess is he's also very good at beating rookie HC's.  He also he came back from 28-3 against the Shanahan offense in the Super Bowl.

toby-the.gif

• Upvote 3

Granted, this game is the home opener and the stadium SHOULD be pretty loud.  But that's basically the only thing we have going for us.  If this game was in Foxboro we'd have less than a 5 % chance of winning in my mind.  At home, I give us about a 20 % shot of winning this one.  And that might be too generous.

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2021 at 3:46 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

That might be all they need this week.  Belichick is notoriously brilliant at making rookie QB's suffer, especially in the first meeting.  His defense is much better than it was last year and is also better than Carolina's.  Belichick is also very good at beating Jets QB's.  And very good at beating the Jets.  My guess is he's also very good at beating rookie HC's.  He also he came back from 28-3 against the Shanahan offense in the Super Bowl.

toby-the.gif

Jets defense also much worse than Miami's

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2021 at 8:19 PM, playtowinthegame said:

SO WHAT! ROBERT SALEH'S DEFENSES EAT ROOKIE QUARTERBACKS ALIVE AND THEN SH!T% THEM OUT MAKING SKID MARKS. I THINK PATSY FANS NEED TO BRACE THEMSELVES FOR THEIR PRECIOUS MAC JONES TO STANK IT UP THIS SUNDAY.

Problem is we don't have the 49's roster...

• Haha 3

On 9/14/2021 at 3:46 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

toby-the.gif

5604ADD4-A284-4497-B3E2-8A8F45B7639F.gif

• Haha 1

Jones will pick us a part if we don’t get pressure. Miami has a good defense and a great CB X Howard, who caused the fumble that won the game.  Hard to see a W the way the  Pats  performed at the Fins. Jones had way more time time to throw  the ball than Wilson. Trying to stay positive but this could be ugly. If we were able to protect Wilson I would have a little more hope. BB is chomping at the bit I’m sure. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1