Zach will be good, JD picking the right players, Stay the course

The whole offense sucks, but I agree that they need time. One lineman doesn't screw up an entire offense and although he sucks really badly so does the rest of the offense. And it didn't help that the defense gave up 54 points either

• WTF? 1

no doubt the wheels came off today, but it wasnt alot of fault to go around.

Wilson played well for the short time he was in there.

and the GOAT of HCs abused our weak point on defense. Mosley is the captain of the defense. he calls the plays and the audibles. we had no choice but to start a rookie in his place and he got abused. and he didnt have the Football IQ to see what they offense was doing. of all the people on defense we could have lost he was the absolute worst one to lose. with all the young guys he is all too important.

how many people did we lose today? Cashman and Sherwood. who the hell finish at LB today? i seen Philips was one. we lost Fant but i think he came back. Ty had a concussion. and we lost FAT on the DL. 

i think we see a different game with Mosley and Wilson. im not saying we win but it wouldn't be bad enough for people to say the sky is falling

• Upvote 3

This is a bold thread after that sh*tstorm of a performance today. Im usually one of the more positive posters on this board but this game may have broken my will. Saleh and Lafleur have shown to both be deer in headlights. Even the worst coach in NFL history Adam "offensive genius" Gase didn't have a team look this bad and unprepared. Im done with the HC and OC and I'm starting to think that JD isn't the right man for the job either. The fact that he didn't sign a veteran QB to backup Wilson is just asinine. Now we have to watch noodle arm White lead the team to a 2-15 record. I was not expecting much this year but I was also not expecting to root for a team that probably couldn't beat Georgia or Alabama. I'm just disgusted. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Keep Salah, keep Zach and by all means keep Joe Douglas. 

I’ll tell you the one guy most responsible for the Jets woes and it is Greg Van Roten. Dead serious.  Christ watching the game over and it’s Brian Winters rookie year bad.  

It’s almost unreal how one awful lineman can ruin an offense. 80% of the bad offense is on this one terrible guard. 

See ya at the draft because I’m not watching this team until (if?) Wilson comes back.

Ok so he’s starting. Who’s fault is that? It’s not like we couldn’t see this from a million light years away. 

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

I’ll tell you the one guy most responsible for the Jets woes and it is Greg Van Roten. Dead serious.  Christ watching the game over and it’s Brian Winters rookie year bad.  

I mean, I'm one of the biggest JD defenders here.  But doesn't Douglas deserve blame for Van Roten being the best we could do at RG?

And even if we had a solid RG, you really think we don't get boat raced today?

Douglas deserves a heavy amount of criticism for where we stand right now.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, I'm one of the biggest JD defenders here.  But doesn't Douglas deserve blame for Van Roten being the best we could do at RG?

A decent 4th round draft pick should have been able to step in at RG in year 2, or at least compete with a veteran making $4mm/yr.  But since Clark and Lewis could not do that, we were stuck with GVR.  Combine that with saving $2mm to sign Feeney and not Elflein, and this is what we got. 

Losing the offensive sanity check to a bike accident did not help either.  RIP.

Bad decisions and bad luck are a bad combination. The question is what you do next year?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We'd still get beat because we couldn't stop NE offense all day. RG being bad hampered the offense, yes, but it didn't give up 31 first half points.

Yes, it's NE, and BB is a scumbag, but it's still only one game. Far bigger concern is Zach's injury.

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

The amount of Kool Aid that has to be consumed to still believe in JD is unreal.

It’s really sad tbh. 

We have a team full of borderline NFL backup level players, 0 impact players, a clown shoes / Circus tent coaching staff and we just got dog walked in what was one of our franchises worst loses…. But

BE PATIENT PEOPLE 

smfh just like with Gase, scrub Darnold and many other things you ? always fall for BS.

You’d think it would be easy for the fans to identify terrible regimes but just like in real life PEOPLE NEVER LEARN FROM HISTORY 

?‍♂️

• Upvote 3

I like what JD is doing.  At least the logic and idea of things.  I like the trades, I like that he hasn't spent too much money too early in the rebuild etc etc

But yea, the picks are looking like a problem.  I'll give him a pass on that first draft, b/c he didn't have a coach and a system and I think this draft is looking to be pretty good (especially the corners).  However the FAs have some issues and GVR is the poster child.  Still, Fant/Moses/Davis and most of the defensive FAs have been ok.

Unfortunately, i'm less happy about the QB than others here.  I don't think he's had a single good NFL game (throwing hero balls isn't my idea of good football).  He has absolutely zero idea on how to protect himself, and most of the bad sacks are on him and not the Oline.  Worse, the style of football he plays isn't going to lead to longevity in this sport.  He's not fast enough to do all those rollouts, and yea he's going to take some late hits as a result.  If he doesn't fix that fast, honestly his career will be in jeopardy.

If ZW busts, this franchise is literally doomed for the next half decade b/c everything will blow up.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the smartest thread in this Forum in months.  Love Saleh, love Douglas and love wilson.  The night is always darkest before the dawn.

This team will be competing for a Super Bowl in 2023.

Why?  WTF has any of them done to warrant "love"?

JD gone after another 12-15 loss season.  Saleh after next season.  Zack as career backup or out of the NFL by 2024.

• Upvote 2

The lions are winless and look much better than the jets week after week.  The jets start out each game flatter than the earth in kyrie Irving’s dreams.  The kick return team gives up a big return, the patriots were up 7-0 2 and a half minutes into the game.  Midway through the first quarter i was still waiting for just one play that the jets didn’t suck, offense or defense.  Sure van rotten sucks, but it goes beyond any one guy.  This team looks woefully unprepared each game that goes beyond drafting and talent evaluation.  From keeping mims out of the offensive game plan to not simplifying the offense for a rookie qb, you just get the feeling that these coaches are not instilling confidence in the players to give them the belief they have a chance each week.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the smartest thread in this Forum in months.  Love Saleh, love Douglas and love wilson.  The night is always darkest before the dawn.

This team will be competing for a Super Bowl in 2023.

Some people love having their underwear pulled up over their head every day after school.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Why?  WTF has any of them done to warrant "love"?

JD gone after another 12-15 loss season.  Saleh after next season.  Zack as career backup or out of the NFL by 2024.

Give it a couple more weeks I suspect many will wake up, trust me this isn’t the last time we will get embarrassed like this, this season! 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Zach Taylor started his career with the Bengals 6-25.  The Bengals are currently leading the AFCN at 5-2.

What does that mean for the Jets?  Not sure but patience is paying off for the Bengals.

Wow

Zach Taylor????? 

????

Christ 

22 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Zach Taylor started his career with the Bengals 6-25.  The Bengals are currently leading the AFCN at 5-2.

What does that mean for the Jets?  Not sure but patience is paying off for the Bengals.

It’s funny how a coaching staff can look so different when the talent level is improved.  Look at the roster in 2019 when Taylor took over and look at it now.  The Bengals solved the most important position with Burrow, but look at the his supporting cast this year.  Sure the Jets coaching looks bad, and some of it is, but this roster is still not ready to compete yet.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JTJet said:

The amount of Kool Aid that has to be consumed to still believe in JD is unreal.

Forget the Patriots games, which Zach was horrible first game and simply not good his second game before getting hurt- the guy was bad playing against a crappy Falcons defense on a neutral site

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s funny how a coaching staff can look so different when the talent level is improved.  Look at the roster in 2019 when Taylor took over and look at it now.  The Bengals solved the most important position with Burrow, but look at the his supporting cast this year.  Sure the Jets coaching looks bad, and some of it is, but this roster is still not ready to compete yet.  

Burrow is in his rookie year with a trash supporting cast looked better than Zach Wilson

This season was always going to be very rough.

It's like you guys that follow this team yet weren't paying attention to the plan.  Honestly, sometime it does shock me that people around here can spend so much time following a team - but have no real idea what's going on...

Guys, this year was ALWAYS going to be bad.  

JD's plan was to tear thing down to the bare bones and start over, it took him two years to get the rot cleaned out.  

For all intents and purposes we're an expansion team right now and that was by design.

You can like the design or not but this is pretty much what should have been expected.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This is a bold thread after that sh*tstorm of a performance today. Im usually one of the more positive posters on this board but this game may have broken my will. Saleh and Lafleur have shown to both be deer in headlights. Even the worst coach in NFL history Adam "offensive genius" Gase didn't have a team look this bad and unprepared. Im done with the HC and OC and I'm starting to think that JD isn't the right man for the job either. The fact that he didn't sign a veteran QB to backup Wilson is just asinine. Now we have to watch noodle arm White lead the team to a 2-15 record. I was not expecting much this year but I was also not expecting to root for a team that probably couldn't beat Georgia or Alabama. I'm just disgusted. 

Georgia and Alabama??? 

This team wouldnt stand a chance against Coastal Carolina, IU, Tulane, or Air Force... well maybe IU, but still.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He started his career, 0-11, his first win?  The Jets!!!  Also, if you look at their 2019 draft, they had 10 picks and 1 starter.  The rest of the draft was a disaster....and they havent really got better. Burrow, Higgins and Chase.  The rest is meh. 

Sometimes, it takes longer than 6 games.

Everyone here wants to fire everyone again....Who we hiring? Go through the same cycle in two years? Let's just keep doing this and be miserable. What's Einstein's definition of insanity? Something like doing the same thing over and over expecting different results? 

How about instead of firing the entire staff every 2-3 years we try having some consistency between GM and Coaching staff and let them grow into their roles? Everyone saying we preach patience with previous coaches and gms and qbs but the team has never tried patience. 

• Upvote 2