Ira from Staten Island says the defense quit and Saleh is on the hot seat

T0mShane

Ira isn't satisfied pissing away money on season tickets for home games. 

He pisses away even more money on road trips for most of the away games.

On one hand, I question his judgement.

On the other hand, he does know the difference between bad football and and even worse football.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The organization is now clown shoes and a  circus tent, Gase wasn’t rock bottom this is!!!!!

Anyone still defending this ball headed used car salesman idk what to tell you… 

And I highly doubt the EGO driven HC will fire his OC who is basically family to him, doesn't the handling of Mims and the 2 TE dominant offense stubbornness, show us this????????

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Ira isn't satisfied pissing away money on season tickets for home games. 

He pisses away even more money on road trips for most of the away games.

On one hand, I question his judgement.

On the other hand, he does know the difference between bad football and and even worse football.

Yeah, I only throw away money on road games.  At least,  I get to visit new places

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, but honestly he really never had a chance. He would have needed his Peyton   Manning, to even remotely pull this off. Giving him a lackluster line to teach zone blocking to, a project QB and a WR room who’s #1 is really a number two that drops balls more than he should wasn’t helpful. Add in the injuries and here you have it. Honestly I think Joe Douglas and Saleh hold much more weight for just letting this happen but historically the OC usually takes the hit in the NFL. 

A drowning man will pull his own mother under to save himself.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

ira's been a long time fan. i believe he was a ball boy for the team at one time.  but his observations aren't necessarily wrong.  if the team fails to show up and then seemingly gives up then it falls on the coach.  i think they did play okay until they didn't make the 4th and 4 play at midfield.  after that things just seemed to fall apart.  they weren't winning the game after staking the patsies to a 17-0 lead but they at least played a respectable game up to a point.

Up to a point?  What point?

The game was over on the first drive when Damien Harris was picking up 10 yards before contact…

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I like Ira, but he can talk a lot of crap.  

No one has uttered the Woody Johnson party line more than Ira over the years.  The guy was humiliating himself by literally pretending Todd Bowles was a legit head coach for 4 years

If Ira is saying Saleh should be on the hot seat that’s alarming

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

A drowning man will pull his own mother under to save himself.

Actually as a child about 8 I wandered  to deep in Oneida lake where we had summer home camp. As I was bobbing up and down drowning I still can hear my mother yelling” Guy!, grab your God Damn brother , he’s going to drown himself!” She must have already known that, I see you Mom, I see you! 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Up to a point?  What point?

The game was over on the first drive when Damien Harris was picking up 10 yards before contact…

We were getting gashed straight up the middle for big runs from the first play.  Then add the screens, deep routes, and trick plays.  Not a good day for the DC or his D.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

Zach does stink

True but at the same time he was really trying yesterday and you could see he got a touch of confidence from that shuffle pass he pulled from his own ass. Not sure where  it would have lead to, but just seems like he and LaFleur aren’t even reading the same  playbook at this point. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

No one has uttered the Woody Johnson party line more than Ira over the years.  The guy was humiliating himself by literally pretending Todd Bowles was a legit head coach for 4 years

Never understood why Ira became the spokesperson for Jet fans.  Because he goes to away games?  I don't care.  Go talk off a Staten Island jetty.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

If he’s saying it he’s getting it from someone is inside Florham Park I’d guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Can this team be torn down anymore than it already has been ?

That's the problem right there.  Joe Douglas tore this thing down too deeply, it was completely arrogant and unnecessary.  He has made us into an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft under the leadership of a rookie coaching staff.

No one does this.  His strategy cried out for an experienced coaching staff.  It's common sense.

We, literally, are an inaugural season USFL team.  Joe Douglas cannot be allowed to continue.  The trade deadline is a week from now.  I'm terrified what he'll do next.  Send Crowder and Maye packing?  It'll take the new GM four years to replace them.  It has to stop.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

If Mosely is that big a piece of our defense, we are in trouble. Where was Q?

Absolutely we're in trouble.  But I would argue that the D was sh*t canned when Carl Lawson (if his potential shown in preseason became a reality) went out for the year.  That left Mosley as the ONLY legit impact player.  I've never been on the Q bus.  He's one of the most over-hyped players on the team.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Bring back Rex.

There was at least a shred of hope with him. Basically, Rex was the 2nd most successful HC in NY Jets history right after Weeb. Tuna is 3rd. 

Rex Ryan?  My lord, he's is what put us in the death spiral that lead to what's going on today.

Woody Johnson listening to the wrong voices.  He had a choice to keep Tannenbaum/Shottenheimer/Sanchez and get rid of Rex Ryan, or do the opposite.  So he kept Mr. Popular Foot Sniffing Ryan, we got Idzik/Sporano/Geno and that took us down for the next decade, a decade we're still stuck in.

We need an experienced GM and HC combo, something we haven't had since, well, forever.  The only thing more damaging than a bust QB is a bust GM.  And they've ruined us.  The hole that Maccagnan and Douglas have put us in is deeper than any in our history.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 4

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

If Mosely is that big a piece of our defense, we are in trouble. Where was Q?

Q was pretty invisible along with the guy we paid who go’s by initials. I think it go’s beyond Mosley being a dominant force physically, I also think he puts the defense in better situations to succeed. Earlier this year Saleh literally said CJ change a defense call without the coaches permission that lead to a sack and a punt. Saleh seemed honestly impressed. Yes Scott, we in trouble! 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Never understood why Ira became the spokesperson for Jet fans.  Because he goes to away games?  I don't care.  Go talk off a Staten Island jetty.

He spends a lot of money on the team, and he’s constantly on the radio speaking positively of the team, and he represents a demographic that the Johnsons love—older white guy with tons of expendable cash. He’s their dream constituent.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

Ira seems like a smart man, only intelligent people grow from their prior mistakes.

He’s seeing the same red flags that he ignored before in previous coaches and isn’t making that same mistake.

I salute Ira

• Upvote 1

Anyone who has listened to Ira over the years knows how optimistic he is, but he hopped on 98.7 this morning to report that he watched (from the upper deck) that the backside of the defense wasn’t even running to the ball and they couldn’t get lined up. He also reported that LaFleur’s offense is inflexible and designed more for a guy like Mike White (not Zach Wilson) and how ludicrous that is. His conclusion is that at this time next year, we’ll be talking about who replaces Saleh.

Why is this important? Because the Johnson bros are hyper-reactive to public opinion and think Ira is the chairman of Jets fandom. Watch this space!

It’s not designed for Mike White, it’s just a very basic offense. Unfortunately Mike White understands basic offense better than Zach Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Rex Ryan?  My lord, he's is what put us in the death spiral that lead to what's going on today.

Woody Johnson listening to the wrong voices.  He had a choice to keep Tannenbaum/Shottenheimer/Sanchez and get rid of Rex Ryan, or do the opposite.  So he kept Mr. Popular Foot Sniffing Ryan, we got Idzik/Sporano/Geno and that took us down for the next decade, a decade we're still stuck in.

We need an experienced GM and HC combo, something we haven't had since, well, forever.  The only thing more damaging than a bust QB is a bust GM.  And they've ruined us.  The hole that Maccagnan and Douglas have put us in is deeper than any in our history.

SAR I

Rex is so much better than Saleh, Bowles and Gase combined