Ira from Staten Island says the defense quit and Saleh is on the hot seat

T0mShane

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Rex Ryan?  My lord, he's is what put us in the death spiral that lead to what's going on today.

Woody Johnson listening to the wrong voices.  He had a choice to keep Tannenbaum/Shottenheimer/Sanchez and get rid of Rex Ryan, or do the opposite.  So he kept Mr. Popular Foot Sniffing Ryan, we got Idzik/Sporano/Geno and that took us down for the next decade, a decade we're still stuck in.

We need an experienced GM and HC combo, something we haven't had since, well, forever.  The only thing more damaging than a bust QB is a bust GM.  And they've ruined us.  The hole that Maccagnan and Douglas have put us in is deeper than any in our history.

SAR I

Rex has been gone for 7 years. This is like blaming the previous guy for Brandons rock bottom poll numbers.

Rex has nothing to do with whats happening to the Jets today. The Jets at least had a defense with Rex. And, a top tier OL.

Saleh can only dream about rolling into Indy and NE and taking out 2 first ballot HOF QBs. like Rex did. Rex is experienced as well.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Rex has nothing to do with whats happening to the Jets today.

Rex begat Idzik, which begat Maccagnan, which begat today’s team. And Brandon’s polling average, low as it is, is still higher than the former guy scored in any non-Rasmussen poll taken in his four years in office.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rex begat Idzik, which begat Maccagnan, which begat today’s team. And Brandon’s polling average, low as it is, is still higher than the former guy scored in any non-Rasmussen poll taken in his four years in office.

Rex did not hire the Jets GMs. Not his job.

The media polling info is protecting Brandon from reality. He sucks.

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Well if respectable is allowing the pats to march down the field every possession  and score except once the whole game while our own team is stuck in first gear, then I'm with you. 

As a Jets fans, we have seen some atrocious football, but this game has to rank up there in the top 3, maybe top 2. I think the Monday night game where the Jets were killing the Bears and Blair Thomas fumbles allowing the Bears to tie and qin in OT was worse because it was such a gut punch but this was just plain unwatchable. This game was the epitome of mailing it in. 

i guess we have a different definition of respectable in terms of yesterday's game.  yes it's troubling they couldn't stop the patsies.  but at least they did seem to play better after they scored some points and started to keep pace.  when they missed that 4th down at midfield the game's outcome was certain.  not that they would've won had they made it but it was a huge letdown.  the thing to remember is this team can't afford to miss key players and they need to play about as well as they can every play.  that's what happens with an inexperienced team and coaching staff. that kid sherwood was calling the defensive sets and he's a rook.

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Now we have a GM taking o line in the first round every year and dumping more FA money into it than any other position group and this is supposedly his specialty. And the o line is still horrendous 

...and he thought bundling a rookie quarterback, rookie head coach, rookie offensive coordinator, and rookie defensive coordinator, on a team with the most 1st and 2nd year guys in history.

Joe Douglas hasn't done a single thing right.  He's got to be the worst FO executive in team history.

SAR I

Ownership is too reactive to fans, sports radio, social media, etc.  Going back to Rex - ownership had the opportunity to clean house and bring in Andy Reid.  Instead, they listen to fans, media - we wound up with Rex and Idzik.  The rest is history.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Rex has been gone for 7 years. This is like blaming the previous guy for Brandons rock bottom poll numbers.

Rex has nothing to do with whats happening to the Jets today. The Jets at least had a defense with Rex. And, a top tier OL.

Saleh can only dream about rolling into Indy and NE and taking out 2 first ballot HOF QBs. like Rex did. Rex is experienced as well.

Rex's actions and politicking led to a domino effect that put us where we are today.

Had he made Tannenbaum have a balanced draft of offensive and defensive players, had he got some receivers for Sanchez, and had he retained Schottenheimer, things might have been good.  But by scapegoating those three and sticking to his 'only defense matters' ways, it led directly to Idzik and Sporano and Smith which led to Maccagnan and Gase and Douglas and Saleh, these things are all interconnected.  Just on QB decisions alone, there were so many good ones to choose from over the last few years when in position to take one, if the men picking were better than the ones we had we might have gotten Mahomes or Watson or Jackson.  Multiply that by 100 for all the position players too.  Multiply that by 10 for all the coaches too.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone who has listened to Ira over the years knows how optimistic he is, but he hopped on 98.7 this morning to report that he watched (from the upper deck) that the backside of the defense wasn’t even running to the ball and they couldn’t get lined up. He also reported that LaFleur’s offense is inflexible and designed more for a guy like Mike White (not Zach Wilson) and how ludicrous that is. His conclusion is that at this time next year, we’ll be talking about who replaces Saleh.

Why is this important? Because the Johnson bros are hyper-reactive to public opinion and think Ira is the chairman of Jets fandom. Watch this space!

Ira is correct.  This coaching staff needs to be removed one day after week 18.  La Floor can go now. Cavanaugh can write a script for unknown players himself.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

i guess we have a different definition of respectable in terms of yesterday's game.  yes it's troubling they couldn't stop the patsies.  but at least they did seem to play better after they scored some points and started to keep pace.  when they missed that 4th down at midfield the game's outcome was certain.  not that they would've won had they made it but it was a huge letdown.  the thing to remember is this team can't afford to miss key players and they need to play about as well as they can every play.  that's what happens with an inexperienced team and coaching staff. that kid sherwood was calling the defensive sets and he's a rook.

We just went through 2 season with key players injured, one where JD was in charge. At this point if the team doesn't  think they need a backup plan for someone like Mosley who spemt one year injured and another om his couch, then JD is dumber that I thought. There is no excise at this point.  

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We just went through 2 season with key players injured, one where JD was in charge. At this point if the team doesn't  think they need a backup plan for someone like Mosley who spemt one year injured and another om his couch, then JD is dumber that I thought. There is no excise at this point.  

doesn't he have two picks in the first two rounds this draft?  imo he has done pretty well so far.  right now the jets are heading for at least a top 5 plus maybe a top 15 depending on what seattle does.  that should be enough to get some impact players on defense or get another top oline player and a defense guy.  sometimes you just gotta get worse before getting better.  and i wouldn't be so against using a high pick on a qb.  wilson has a lot of talent.  he needs to show he can win games when he comes back.

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

doesn't he have two picks in the first two rounds this draft?  imo he has done pretty well so far.  right now the jets are heading for at least a top 5 plus maybe a top 15 depending on what seattle does.  that should be enough to get some impact players on defense or get another top oline player and a defense guy.  sometimes you just gotta get worse before getting better.  and i wouldn't be so against using a high pick on a qb.  wilson has a lot of talent.  he needs to show he can win games when he comes back.

Yes, just great. Maybe the Pats only hang a 40 burger on us next season 

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone who has listened to Ira over the years knows how optimistic he is, but he hopped on 98.7 this morning to report that he watched (from the upper deck) that the backside of the defense wasn’t even running to the ball and they couldn’t get lined up. He also reported that LaFleur’s offense is inflexible and designed more for a guy like Mike White (not Zach Wilson) and how ludicrous that is. His conclusion is that at this time next year, we’ll be talking about who replaces Saleh.

Why is this important? Because the Johnson bros are hyper-reactive to public opinion and think Ira is the chairman of Jets fandom. Watch this space!

What are we watching this space for?

I stop listening to the HC pressers weeks ago when the same  excuses were used for another bad performance. IMHO, an I wanted him, he is fast, as in very fast, becoming the latest example of coaches who fit the mold of "Peter's Principle."

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

That's the problem right there.  Joe Douglas tore this thing down too deeply, it was completely arrogant and unnecessary.  He has made us into an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft under the leadership of a rookie coaching staff.

No one does this.  His strategy cried out for an experienced coaching staff.  It's common sense.

We, literally, are an inaugural season USFL team.  Joe Douglas cannot be allowed to continue.  The trade deadline is a week from now.  I'm terrified what he'll do next.  Send Crowder and Maye packing?  It'll take the new GM four years to replace them.  It has to stop.

SAR I

You don't want to trade them both?  It's not like we're re-signing them.

15 hours ago, Jolot said:

If this winds up being another 2 win season with no progress , empty stands , and humiliating, uncompetitive losses piling up …I don’t see how you don’t tear it down again and bounce JD and Saleh on black Monday . Saleh has been so bad that he is certainly getting into one and done territory. 

This is approaching Steve WIlks Cardinals level bad...

Everyone knows the state of the roster, and injuries. Still inexcusable for that level of effort coming off of a bye and letting a rookie with a pop gun arm hang 50+ on you.....

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You don't want to trade them both?  It's not like we're re-signing them.

This team can't improve if we are constantly trading away our best players.  The entire point is to keep your best players and go get more.

The Jets and this perpetual 6 year rebuild have programmed us to get excited about getting rid of the little talent we have for f-cking draft picks.  I'm done with it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, SAR I said:

This team can't improve if we are constantly trading away our best players.  The entire point is to keep your best players and go get more.

The Jets and this perpetual 6 year rebuild have programmed us to get excited about getting rid of the little talent we have for f-cking draft picks.  I'm done with it.

SAR I

Should we have kept Jamal Adams in your opinion?

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Should we have kept Jamal Adams in your opinion?

Yes.  

Especially with a rookie coaching staff.  We have no veteran leadership.  That means as much as on-field play.  We have no pass rush.  We have no playmakers.  Jamal worked in NJ.  I don't care that he's not working in Seattle.  They use him differently.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Yes.  

Especially with a rookie coaching staff.  We have no veteran leadership.  That means as much as on-field play.  We have no pass rush.  We have no playmakers.  Jamal worked in NJ.  I don't care that he's not working in Seattle.  They use him differently.

SAR I

I hear you but you he would've been way overpaid.  I'll take that trade any day.  We need to draft some star offensive players and pay them though.  

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hear you but you he would've been way overpaid.  I'll take that trade any day.  We need to draft some star offensive players and pay them though.  

"Overpaid" doesn't matter when the talent level on this team is below USFL standards.

We need to hold on to all the good players we can.  Cut a dozen sh-t players to make up the difference.

SAR I

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Shame on all of you.

Damned right.  The genius Jets Illuminati are always wrong.  Every player they want gone, every coach they want gone, every GM they want gone, we always get worse as a result.

Our ownership reads this stuff, takes it seriously.  Dumb Jets fans are literally putting us in the ground.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1