Imminent Jets trades and whats the compensation

Maynard13

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Imminent?

Yes Crowder and Maye IMMINENT. Really dont see the point of keeping either through the end of the season considering whats transpired between them and JD.  We are rebuilding and he's made it clear they are not in his plans.

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

they knock JD for everything on this board.

there are 2 guys who want to give Adam Gase credit for Mike White being here. .. SMH

Gase still has a few family members here. I mad an agreement with them, they can stay until Gase gets another NFL job.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

If JD held a press conference to inform fans of his “imminent trades,” and then just proposed a bunch of silly ideas and disclosed that nothing was really imminent… I’d feel the same way about him that I do now about your thread titles. 

@Greenseed4 voted most likey by pre-kindergartener's to get beat up in kindergarten. 

girl-rage.gif

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

So the trade deadline is tommorow early evening I believe. Still NO trades by Trader Joe. Shocking!  Here's some obvious and some radical trade options.  Would you? What would you want? These are some players that could go or have trade value. Dont jump on me for this.  Just up for discussion.  And NO Zach is not on this list.

QW  This would be shocking but he has had a very underwhelming season which is odd since this is his contract year. Do you keep him and award him a big fat contract which is what you'd have to do to retain him?  Not a DL guy but some of you are and can explain his performance this year. How about a #1 and #2?

CJ Mosley Another shocker!!!!!!   Due billions. For a MLB? Thx Macc.  JD is a stingy guy when it comes to Macc's former pics.  Just for discussion - I would just let him play out his contract BUT how about a #2 and #3? 

M Maye He's gone after this year. If JD doesnt get something for him its a shame. But again he's not giving him away either. A 3 or 4 gets it done.  

Mims Didnt help his cause yesterday with the TD drop and knucklehead off sides penalty SMH. Golden opportunity up in smoke.  How about a #3?

J Crowder Good guy, quality pro, but gone goodbye after this year. A #4 or #5 gets it done.

K Cole  I wouldnt trade him but he's on a one year contract and is more a slot WR where we have Berrios and Moore who will be the starter. A #5?

Telvin Coleman he's an established pro but is he really needed here? No. Get a #6 JD.

Flacco  With the emergence of White and the impending return of Zach, did we really need to trade for Flacco? Ehhh whatever. Get the 6 back JD, trade to Saints.  J Johnson is a vet and is 34 years old. 

B Berrios ehhhh whateva I'd trade him for pinata. 

Thats about it. Anyone else would get you nada. 

Thanks for Looking!

QW... its possible he gets traded due to the fact his contract ends next year. he will be looking for a big extension this summer. if JD trades him now he could get a #1 for him. im not sure how i feel about trading him though

CJ Mosley..... he cant get traded. he is too valuable to this young defense. we trade him and we give up 50 points every week. we just have no depth at LB

Maye.... he should be traded. but there is a chance that JD tags him again. it would only be a 2-3 mil raise from this year. again the defense is very thin...

Crowder... hes probably gone too. i like him and hes young (28) to sign again but then why draft Moore. i think JD is feeling heat and he needs his draft picks to play and play well. 

Mims.... same as Moore. JD needs him to play. to young with potential to trade now.

Cole.... i would keep him. see how he finishes. i dont think we get much for a 10 game rental

Coleman....i would trade him. im pretty happy with Carter and TY and our 2 top RBs

Flacco .....stays. we keep 3 QBs the rest of the way. i dont belive in the mentor but hes here so why not let him stay to do what he can to help out QBs. besides you can trade him before tommorrow. what if we get an injury at QB before Zach comes back. maybe we could sign Luke Falk from the Walmart football team. lol

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

So the trade deadline is tommorow early evening I believe. Still NO trades by Trader Joe. Shocking!  Here's some obvious and some radical trade options.  Would you? What would you want? These are some players that could go or have trade value. Dont jump on me for this.  Just up for discussion.  And NO Zach is not on this list.

QW  This would be shocking but he has had a very underwhelming season which is odd since this is his contract year. Do you keep him and award him a big fat contract which is what you'd have to do to retain him?  Not a DL guy but some of you are and can explain his performance this year. How about a #1 and #2?

CJ Mosley Another shocker!!!!!!   Due billions. For a MLB? Thx Macc.  JD is a stingy guy when it comes to Macc's former pics.  Just for discussion - I would just let him play out his contract BUT how about a #2 and #3? 

M Maye He's gone after this year. If JD doesnt get something for him its a shame. But again he's not giving him away either. A 3 or 4 gets it done.  

Mims Didnt help his cause yesterday with the TD drop and knucklehead off sides penalty SMH. Golden opportunity up in smoke.  How about a #3?

J Crowder Good guy, quality pro, but gone goodbye after this year. A #4 or #5 gets it done.

K Cole  I wouldnt trade him but he's on a one year contract and is more a slot WR where we have Berrios and Moore who will be the starter. A #5?

Telvin Coleman he's an established pro but is he really needed here? No. Get a #6 JD.

Flacco  With the emergence of White and the impending return of Zach, did we really need to trade for Flacco? Ehhh whatever. Get the 6 back JD, trade to Saints.  J Johnson is a vet and is 34 years old. 

B Berrios ehhhh whateva I'd trade him for pinata. 

Thats about it. Anyone else would get you nada. 

Thanks for Looking!

image.jpeg.f6c56a495b801cfdb70ec0f0f6c12ad2.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

so Carolina might be interested in Maye. you would think after we suckered them into Sam and then robbed them they would never want to deal with us again.

and lets not forget one year wonder Robbie. LMAO

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

so Carolina might be interested in Maye. you would think after we suckered them into Sam and then robbed them they would never want to deal with us again.

sssssshhhhhhh

When White leads the Jets to the playoffs Douglas is going to send Zach Wilson down there to replace Darnold lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

Whats hilaroius is the Panther fans thought they fleeced us.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Whats hilaroius is the Panther fans thought they fleeced us.  

true, they kept laughing at us calling us a joke, thinking there coaches are so good they can make Sam good.

and whats funny is they will wins some more games in spite of Sam and miss out on a chance to draft a QB...

and even funnier..... they passed on Fields ...LMAO

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, doitny said:

true, they kept laughing at us calling us a joke, thinking there coaches are so good they can make Sam good.

and whats funny is they will wins some more games in spite of Sam and miss out on a chance to draft a QB...

and even funnier..... they passed on Fields ...LMAO

Sam's legacy will be the downfall  of any HC that comes within his reach.

• Upvote 1

Why? They are 100% gone after this year if they're not traded.
Because you just had a QB on his first start throw for 400 yards and 3 touchdowns in a game we weren't supposed to win if we had all of our starters? How do you justify taking away your most reliable reciever before we are eliminated from the post season?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I think Crowder is definite. I believe he's making peanuts and he's a solid player. Maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder? I wouldnt even be shocked if he had suitors and JD traded him to Crowder's desired destination. He's been a pretty good Jet.

I think Maye is a potential candidate. The Jets are pretty weak at S behind him, and I dont think they want to just give him away for nothing. Maybe they'd let him go for a 2nd or multiple mid round picks.

Cant think of anyone else. Maybe Shephard? But he sucks. Perhaps they can get the 6th back they gave up for Flacco.

• Upvote 1

Moore is clearly the next man up over Crowder, although Crowder has been a top 5 slot WR over the last several years, so I don't know how much 'upgrade' we'll realize by swaping Crow for Moore. But, ya, Crowder can be dealt/replaced with little drop off.

Maye and CJ are clearly the best we have at their respective positions, and trading either of them would be a set-back for the team, at least in the short term. It will be a test of time to see what JoeD can do with the xtra cap space (CJ) or the extra 2nd round pick (Maye). Personally, I like to see both of these dudes retained on new (team friendly going forward) contracts. Guys have friends, families, kids/schools, roots, etc, and may prefer staying put vs tearing it all up and moving their fam across country. Let's find out!

Last, can someone expand this trade stuff to include players JoeD may go after? Any good players on bad teams? Any talent on the Lions? Texans? Etc? that my be subject to trades?

• Upvote 1

I completely understand the reasoning behind trading Crowder and Maye but I wouldn’t do it. Those players are seasoned veterans who act as true professional ( Mayes car incident not withstanding) who can help the team win games this year which in turn shows the kids on this roster what it feels like to be part of a winning team and culture. Now if we do keep them for the rest of the season and the team starts winning consistently we then become a more attractive team where free agents would want to be a part of. I think the the feeling of winning and the knowledge gleaned from these two potentially can help the young guys take another step to see what is needed to be consistent winners even knowing if we do keep them we don’t receive anything if they do in fact leave. Learning how to be a pro and how to win will be better than any late round draft choice we get for these two 

• Upvote 1

wow, this just goes to show what a weird year this is. The only real problem I have would be with letting go Berrios. You probably will not get anything for him, he does not cost much, he has performed when and the field, and he fills so many rolls (back up WR, punt returner, kickoff returner). Hell he is probably a better safety than A. Davis. 

14 hours ago, JTJet said:

Idk if Q is our best young player, he is on track for roughly a 10 sack season but he disappears in too many games. He isnt the difference maker that he was billed as in the draft, not close. 

didn't qwill have the 4th down sack when the bungles were at 4th and goal from the 3?  seems like that was pretty impactful.

22 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Moore is clearly the next man up over Crowder, although Crowder has been a top 5 slot WR over the last several years, so I don't know how much 'upgrade' we'll realize by swaping Crow for Moore. But, ya, Crowder can be dealt/replaced with little drop off.

Maye and CJ are clearly the best we have at their respective positions, and trading either of them would be a set-back for the team, at least in the short term. It will be a test of time to see what JoeD can do with the xtra cap space (CJ) or the extra 2nd round pick (Maye). Personally, I like to see both of these dudes retained on new (team friendly going forward) contracts. Guys have friends, families, kids/schools, roots, etc, and may prefer staying put vs tearing it all up and moving their fam across country. Let's find out!

Last, can someone expand this trade stuff to include players JoeD may go after? Any good players on bad teams? Any talent on the Lions? Texans? Etc? that my be subject to trades?

Money talks BS walks. Maye is following Adams out the door. If he’s not traded, which would be odd, he’s off to find another contract and team next year. JD would have just extended him by now. Same with Crowder. 
CJ is the absolute glue of this team as evidenced by the Pats blowout. And his contract is insane. No one is touching that. But I be wouldn’t put anything past JD. 
Hayden Hurst would be great addition. Good hands, decent speed, makes tough catches over the middle. Would be nice to pair with JD’s TE prospect he takes in next years draft. 

• Upvote 1

So after the best game by far of the year (decade?) we want to hold a fire sale?  If Mosely is traded we won't win another game this year.  Whether it's White or Wilson, all of the receivers will be needed.  It's about building the team and QB.

This team won't win many more games this year but it's critical that they play the way they did on Sunday.  It won't happen if we just start trading guys who can contribute.  

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

didn't qwill have the 4th down sack when the bungles were at 4th and goal from the 3?  seems like that was pretty impactful.

Sure, but that play is not indicative of what he was billed as coming out of college. Does he make a big play here or there? Yeah, but so do a lot of guys that werent top 10 picks. 

We were told he would be an absolute monster that offenses had to deal with on a drive by drive basis. That is not the case and it hasnt been since we drafted him. 

16 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Flacco is pretty irrelevant whether he stays or goes.  Coleman has value and would be a good chip. Get Perinie on the field and see if he's part of this team or needs to be cut.  Mims is becoming a paradox. So talented and so lost. What to do.  I think Maye is a goner. JD pretty much drove a stake in his heart.  JD more than likey gets another sasfety in next years draft. Some good ones to be had.  Mosley is the MVP of the team. Expensive but JD's hands are tied here.  JD lets him play out his contract.  I never really wanted QW. Never. I would have traded him earlier when we could have gotten 2 #1's for him. Oh well. Next year he can walk I believe if we dont resign him to what he want.  Showdown.  Which is why I'd trade him. I'd rather invest in a #1 WR like Hopkins or Cooper etc. Yea you trade out and lessenn your roster BUIT you also get picks and bring in younger talent. SEE AVT. Group a few of those picks, move up and get your man!

• Coleman has value?  He's hurt.  He signed for about the minimum.  Anybody that wanted him could have had him before camp for a measly $1.1M.  Who is going to want him now?  Some team with an injured RB?  Why? Coleman is injured too with a hamstring.
  • If Perine isn't seeing the field there is a reason.  It's not Tevin Coleman who has played 8% of the team's offensive snaps and has not seen the field since the Atlanta game. 
  • QW can walk next year?  Not quite.  Pretty sure that he signed a 4 year contract with a team option for a 5th year in 2019.  He isn't going anywhere until 2024.