2021 QB Class Check-In

jgb

2021 QB Class  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Of the rookie QBs who have seen meaningful snaps, would you trade Zach Wilson straight up now for... (multiple choice)

• Lawrence
    • Lance
    • Fields
    • Jones
    • Mills (don't @ me, included for completeness)
    • None of the above

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Just too early to say any of these guys is a boom or bust player.  

Teams must draft with incomplete information, as well. The question is with the additional data you now have, who would you do a swap for.

Jones looks by far the best of them but I wouldn’t trade Zach away yet until he’s given a fair chance.

Yeah he looks terrible but there have been flashes of physical potential and the step up from BYU to the NFL was always going to be a serious adjustment. If his play carries on like this next season then he’s pretty much done. Even moderate improvement wouldn’t convince but it’s important to see progress of some sort. I’d have been happy to let White play indefinitely and take the pressure off Wilson for a while. He should never have been playing this season. 

• Upvote 2

Let’s be honest. None of them look like world beaters.

Coming out, I had them ranked Lawrence, Fields, Jones, Wilson, Lance.

Half a season in I can see Jones and Lawrence being long term starters in the league. I’m not feeling the same way about the other 3. Fields hasn’t impressed me at all, I never bought into the Wilson hype, and I don’t have a clue what Lance is.

To answer your question, I’d trade Zach in a second for Lawrence. I think most here would. Jones has really impressed me, but I get the argument some here make for Zach’s physical traits being better. I’m just not sure if he’ll ever become the better player.

• Upvote 2

Lawrence shouldn't even be an option since Jax wasn't letting him past 1st pick.

At this point, I say stay with Zack - all he has to do, apparently, is make the short easy throws that he  has been missing at a Hackenberg level. If he does that I think he can put up solid offensive performances and then has the ability to make the "special" type throws.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes I used to get an option in my multiple choice questions in class with an all of the above, when applicable which I believe it is here.

You have that option. Don't click and respond in thread. Which you have.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's way too early. Lawrence has struggled mightily. Mac Jones is limited. Fields has struggled. Trey Lance doesn't really play.

"The Jets would like to defer their draft pick until we see how the prospects play in the NFL."

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If anyone is sure that Lawrence is clearly better than Wilson(or Fields or any of these options for that matter) that is strictly based on draftnik stuff and not anything on field to date.

We currently have more data then the teams did when drafting. Only curious if anyone's perception has changed based on half a season of play (for most of these guys).

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

We currently have more data then the teams did when drafting. Only curious if anyone's perception has changed based on half a season of play (for most of these guys).

My bad, wasn’t directed at you at all.  I get where you are coming from and it’s an interesting discussion.  I currently wouldn’t do anything, simply because the only one who I believe has produced markedly better to warrant such a change is Jones, but I don’t think Jones is anything more than Jimmy G at best, which I personally wouldn’t be willing to accept as my future at this current moment.

I was just saying, in general, that for those who answer Lawrence, I believe that would be more because they want their evaluation of him in the draft process to be true more so than he has shown anything to warrant it.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Stark said:

Lawrence shouldn't even be an option since Jax wasn't letting him past 1st pick.

At this point, I say stay with Zack - all he has to do, apparently, is make the short easy throws that he  has been missing at a Hackenberg level. If he does that I think he can put up solid offensive performances and then has the ability to make the "special" type throws.

It's a question about trading, not going back in time and re-drafting

15 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If anyone is sure that Lawrence is clearly better than Wilson(or Fields or any of these options for that matter) that is strictly based on draftnik stuff and not anything on field to date.

Lawrence hasn't looked great but besides a few splash plays everyone has looked better then WIlson on the field.  draftnik stuff is why he went 2nd overall.