Has Joe Douglas drafted anyone better than Jamal Adams?

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

All true. But Carter will have an uphill battle to be better than a very good player. The NFL is changing to lighter, faster defenses and while MC is quick he’s not truly fast. An interesting stat to me in the NFL right now….6 of the top 8 rushers weigh more than 220 lbs. Big, fast guys are running over lighter defenders. MC is a great tackle breaker but he has some limitations. It’s why we got him where we did in the Draft. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GloryDays1985 said:

Peter King made this point on Costello’s podcast yesterday. JD is yet to land a foundational piece in the draft (aside from Wilson who is a complete unknown). 

Becton, Moore, MC/2, Hall, AVT may be good players one day, but are any of them a JamALL Pro? Someone you can flip for multiple first rounders. 

Yes.  Several.

9 hours ago, GloryDays1985 said:

Peter King made this point on Costello’s podcast yesterday. JD is yet to land a foundational piece in the draft (aside from Wilson who is a complete unknown). 

Becton, Moore, MC/2, Hall, AVT may be good players one day, but are any of them a JamALL Pro? Someone you can flip for multiple first rounders. 

jamALL isn't even the best player in his draft class.  you can't compare positions.  make no mistake, adams played pretty well for the jets but he was also an all me type of guy and played a position that's easily replaced.  it's not like he was a cb or edge.  as for the current jet players, avt is on a higher trajectory that adams was for his position and so is moore.  the biggest difference is that adams played defense and his performance wasn't so dependent on the guy next to him.  avt is dependent on mcgovern and fant (or becton) and moore is dependent on the qb finding him.  likewise, carter (rb) needs oline blocking.  and then let's not forget guys like bryce hall, echols, and carter (cb).

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, GloryDays1985 said:

To be fair Jamal was not worth multiple first rounders and there is not not many teams that have someone worth that in the history of their teams....asisd from qb. So maybe this is a cool down moment. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, jgb said:

Pathetically it can both be true that Jamal was the best Jets draft pick in 5 years but that he is also a drastically over-rated team-killer.

Considering who was passed over to make the selection, Adams was an objectively terrible pick.

Good player while a Jet.  Lousy player now that he’s gotten paid.  Awful draft pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, Pac said:

I haven't paid attention but I know he's had some lingering health issues.  If he has a bad year next year its a trend..  if its just this year its just a subpar season.  

lmao

He has lingering health issues because he’s an undersized WLB who was sent on over 90 blitzes last season, a role that lends itself to injury.  So the same reason you lauded the guy is also the cause of his undoing.  We predicted this would happen and you didn’t listen.

If he’s not blitzing he’s worthless. But if you blitz him he gets hurt.  And this year he’s been blitzing without getting any results. Maybe he’s making “business decisions” to protect himself.  Which would be humorous considering he once said the football field is a “good place to die.”

This isn’t a blip.  This is who Jamal Adams is and always will be. But he’s rich and all so I guess he won in the end!  

15 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

AVT may turn out to be the best, All Pro potential. But he plays just about the least valuable position on the team. 

Looking at how GVRs poor play blows up plays and even causes injuries to teammates, I’ve gotta disagree. If i could only have one position group manned entirely by above average players, it would be the O line. No offense can function without w capable O line and every O line is only as good as it’s weakest link. 

• Upvote 2

They drafted Adams over Mahomes and Watson...

Anyway, the early returns on this draft class are pretty good to me. My problem with Douglas has been free agency. Lawson seemed like he was gonna be great this year but Davis hasn’t been good. He allowed the team to go into the season with a rookie QB with GVR at right guard. I’ll lose a lot a lot of faith if he doesn’t sign some actual impact players this March

On 11/18/2021 at 9:12 AM, kevinc855 said:

JD stinks....here are his picks 

Becton - Bust (cannot stay on the field, undisciplined)

Mimms - Bust (Can't catch the ball and is dumb)

Davis - Bust ( cant stay on the field, when he is, hes awful in coverage, makes a hit every now and then)

Zuniga - Bust (cant stat on the field, when he does hes a ghost, how many sacks in 2 yearas?)

Morgan - Bust ( hes just bad) 

Perine - Bust (not good, just a rotational piece)

Clark - Bust (cant stay on the field, was not good in his rare appearances)

Hall- Looks like a decent start. Not one INT for the year though.

Mann - Average Punter (not sure why you drain a pick on a punter)

Wilson - Stinks right now. We have no idea how this story ends. Def was not ready for the NFL, this is not debatable. 

AVT - Looks good. Nice pick

Moore - Coming on BUT hes not a Chase or a real game changer yet. Gotta see more

Carter - Rotational guy. Hes alright. 

Sherwood - Bust, complete trash. 

Carter 2- Decent, not one INT yet. 

Pinock - Just another guy'

Nas - Bust, another guy who stinks

Echols - Ehhh, i dont know yet

You aren't going to win championships let alone divisions drafting this way and gutting all veteran talent. This is the most dysfunctional rebuild in the history of time. 

Marshall - Who the **** is that? 

In a world of ever increasing swill of content screaming 'notice me!' this sir, is the swilliest. 

image.png.a767f63df386f5028322bfc0681c822f.png

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Looking at how GVRs poor play blows up plays and even causes injuries to teammates, I’ve gotta disagree. If i could only have one position group manned entirely by above average players, it would be the O line. No offense can function without w capable O line and every O line is only as good as it’s weakest link. 

Great point.

You can probably get by with one below average WR if you have two others who are very good or great.  But with the OLine having one bad player is like having a hole in your boat.  Doesn't matter if the rest of the boat is solid, shiny and working great....you're still gonna sink.

Solid post (as usual) @Sonny Werblin.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

This must be a joke

becton AVT the two corners Moore and Carter as well

LOL GET A CLUE

Why the melodrama? I feel comfortable with my opinion based on the limited dataset available. Things could change, it’s early. But he has not looked good. What other logical assessment is there right now?

Why is Jamal Adams a measuring stick or considered a foundational piece?   And how about we give JD’s draft classes more than 25 and 9 games before we start comparing them to a guy who has 4 1/2 seasons.

As for Peter King, I like the guy but think he’s laying it on a little too thick lately with his Jets hate talk.  Yes, I get it that some criticism is warranted; it’s just a little too much for me right now.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I Am Broken Too Mental Health GIF by Killswitch Engage

For Spanish press 2

If you're a Jets fan press 4

3 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I Am Broken Too Mental Health GIF by Killswitch Engage

For Spanish press 2

If you're a Jets fan press 4

Hello, this is the Suicide Prevention Lifeline, whos calling?

JF: Anonymous Jets fan here....

is this @kevinc855...no.... @Facts...no.... is this @T0mShane....no.... this is kevin right..

JF: NO...IM NOT KEVIN!!!! 

ok im sorry mr Anonymous Jet fan, so whats the problem today? did Woody tweet about the uniforms again....

JF: no something much worst.... THERE STARTING JOE FLACCO!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ok calm down kev..

JF: IM NOT KEVIN!!!

sorry MR Anonymous. stay calm , take a deep breath. remember people love you k.. i mean  MR Anonymous.

are you still there?

JF: yes, and the worst part is Woody still hasnt done his weekly uniform tweet. so im going to have to call you AGAIN.

ok just relax...

JF: just make sure these lines are open at 4pm Sunday cause i will be calling you back....

are you so sure the Jets will lose, what if they win?

JF:  then i will be definitely calling you back cause that should have been MIKE WHITES WIN!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH