***OFFICIAL JETS VS TEXANS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

36 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Ok so either draft a qb with one of our 1sts or trade them for the rapist.

Im not watching but this looks like the worst case scenario. Again. Another jet disaster. 

The kid is a bust

As much as I hate this route, I'm down to finally go with a hold-the-fort veteran while we accumulate talent elsewhere.  We can still draft a QB in 2022 but don't necessarily take one with our first pick.  

It's clear that in this system, a lot of veteran QB's can do pretty well.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Zach Wilson making Bryce Hall worse too now! 

I laughed, but there's more truth to this than people think.  When your QB sucks everyone tries just a little bit less, on both sides of the ball.  What's the point of killing yourself out there when you aren't confident your QB can put up points?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So halftime is a good opportunity to ask this.  I am legitimately curious.  And I have big concerns about Wilson.

That said, for those of you that are basically completely out on him already, are you also out on Lawrence and Fields?  

I have concerns as well but he can play. Tenn was not a fluke. Seems mental at this point and maybe he just needs confidence

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So halftime is a good opportunity to ask this.  I am legitimately curious.  And I have big concerns about Wilson.

That said, for those of you that are basically completely out on him already, are you also out on Lawrence and Fields?  

No they have atleast flashed potential here and there. Wilson hasn’t shown anything

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I’m not out on Wilson, per se, but I think he has the worst odds of being good long-term. Pretty good shot that Urban Meyer is gone after this season, and we know that Matt Nagy is. We’re stuck with what we’ve got.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Hael said:

Tyrod Taylor is so underrated.

Always has been.  Some games he's absolutely dreadful but how many QB's out there don't have games like those? 

I wanted us to sign Tyrod this past offseason.  Now I want him even more, because then he'll stop kicking our a$$es at least.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not out on Wilson, per se, but I think he has the worst odds of being good long-term. Pretty good shot that Urban Meyer is gone after this season, and we know that Matt Nagy is. We’re stuck with what we’ve got.

Cept it’s not really coaching holding back Wilson. It’s himself. Which is worse. 

• Upvote 1