Corey Davis out for season

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Hate seeing someone get hurt..

But this is better for the team....His drops are absolute drive killers - just happening far too often to want to see on the field any more.

Blames lack of weaponz on Zach's struggles. Thinks when the weapon with the highest YPG gets knocked out for the season it's "better for the team."

FYI his catch % is higher than Moore's and Cole's, also.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, flgreen said:
RT @RVacchianoSNY: Jets coach Robert Saleh had no update on LT Mekhi Becton, who has been out 11 weeks now after knee surgery that was supposed to keep him out 4-8 weeks. Doesn't sound like he'll be back this week. With just five games left, he might not have time to return this season at all.
TV / Radio Network
  •  

I said it last week he isn’t back this season.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Blames lack of weaponz on Zach's struggles. Thinks when the weapon with the highest YPG gets knocked out for the season it's "better for the team."

FYI his catch % is higher than Moore's and Cole's, also.

Stop. 
Really. Show me where a single instance where I blamed anything or anyone other than ZW for his problems ? (Since week 3)

davis drops a lot of passes - and with terribly bad timing.  

This schtck of yours is old, Zach is getting better, but still has a long way to go - most realize this  
but other players can suck and it’s not excuse making   

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop. 
Really. Show me where a single instance where I blamed anything or anyone other than ZW for his problems ? (Since week 3)

davis drops a lot of passes - and with terribly bad timing.  

This schtck of yours is old, Zach is getting better, but still has a long way to go - most realize this  
but other players can suck and it’s not excuse making   

Don't worry. The importance of all these exchanges will become clear to you in 12 months or so.

I think a lot of people on here are forgetting how good Davis looked early in the season.  He looked terrific.

As for Mims, he can't catch 'em if they don't throw it to him.  And for one reason or another, they haven't decided to do that much.  They might have already made up their mind on Mims.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Is he”cuttable this off-season”?  I’m not good with cap ramifications etc

Things Jet fans like to say…

“Let’s cut any good players we have, because… I dunno, we need more cap space?”

“I wouldn’t give him a second contract. Remember Mo Wilk?”

”why don’t we have any talent on this team?”

”we need weaponzz! Why don’t we ever have weaponzz!”

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Hate seeing someone get hurt..

But this is better for the team....His drops are absolute drive killers - just happening far too often to want to see on the field any more.

You’ve been watching Zach’s passing all season, and yet Davis is the guy you think is the drive killer, huh?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You’ve been watching Zach’s passing all season, and yet Davis is the guy you think is the drive killer, huh?

The argument is that the reason they brought in Davis is to help out Zach when he isn't playing great, and instead Davis was doing the opposite, including dropping good passes

8 minutes ago, Hex said:

The argument is that the reason they brought in Davis is to help out Zach when he isn't playing great, and instead Davis was doing the opposite, including dropping good passes

Go back, check his numbers vs our other WRs.

Are his great, no.  Davis’ are better than theirs though
Then check the QB’s numbers. If Davis were the second coming of Jerry Rice, I’m not sure he’d be “helping”.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

OMG, are you serious?

What the F does Corey Davis dropping a lot of balls have to do with Zach Wilson struggling?

It can be both.  Just because Zach is struggling doesn't mean everyone else around him is awesome.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Wow. Bummer. 

Maybe Mims can do something in these final 4 games? 

If he does, I think it's just to prop up his value. I don't see him having a future with this staff, which stinks because I don't think he got a fair shake at it personally. Granted, he clearly has had a lot of self-sabotage as well.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

OMG, are you serious?

What the F does Corey Davis dropping a lot of balls have to do with Zach Wilson struggling?

It can be both.  Just because Zach is struggling doesn't mean everyone else around him is awesome.

Davis is a lot better a WR than Wilson is a QB, so I’m going with…. Zach’s errant throws have been the bigger problem.

You want to think Davis being out will make Wilson better? Fine. Go ahead.

Davis is here for 1 more year.  He will probably be cut after that.

Mimsy never gets the ball thrown to him.  When he does, he seems to catch it.  But theres probably a reason why he never gets the ball thrown to him.

I saw becton outside the jets stadium with about 3 minutes left in the game.  It looks like this guy has zero intentions of playing this year.  Was signing some autographs and staying warm in his gucci sweatshirt.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mimsy never gets the ball thrown to him.  When he does, he seems to catch it.  But theres probably a reason why he never gets the ball thrown to him.

I saw becton outside the jets stadium with about 3 minutes left in the game.  It looks like this guy has zero intentions of playing this year.  Was signing some autographs and staying warm in his gucci sweatshirt.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was sneaking in a honey baked ham under said sweatshirt. Even Jets players can't afford concessions prices at MetLife.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Probably keeping half the stadium warm

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2