****OFFICIAL JETS VS DOLPHINS - NOT CRACKED YET GAME THREAD****

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Okay, so after 3 consecutive weeks of predicting a win and statement game for the Jets and young Zach, last weeks game told me all I need to know about both.

Miami 37 Jets 13

Wilson 14-30 138yds 2 ints

Dolphins lost their top three RB's and their leading WR, Jaylen Waddle, on the reserve/COVID-19 list. If the Dolphins score 37 then I'll be shocked. 

Note: My bad. I just read the Dolphins got Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed back from the COVID-19 list. 

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Okay, so after 3 consecutive weeks of predicting a win and statement game for the Jets and young Zach, last weeks game told me all I need to know about both.

Miami 37 Jets 13

Wilson 14-30 138yds 2 ints

Very optimistic of you to think the Jets score a touchdown.

i'm just hoping zach doesn't look completely lost again.  remember, this defense is apparently way too complicated for a QB like zach. - flacco did such a great job against them last time.

carter coming back should be nice but Fant is out so who knows how the running blocking will be. i guess mims is still going to be playing.

20-13 dolphs

8 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Dolphins lost their top three RB's and their leading WR, Jaylen Waddle, on the reserve/COVID-19 list. If the Dolphins score 37 then I'll be shocked. 

Note: My bad. I just read the Dolphins got Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed back from the COVID-19 list. 

I think Jet games are pretty simple to break down this year.

The opponent is going to put up 30 points.The Jets are going to struggle to score until garbage time. Those are the two givens.

Then I look at the team they’re playing. Miami’s defense is very opportunistic and causes a lot of turnovers. Zach has no idea where the ball is going, so I give Miami more than 30 today.

Both teams will be missing players, but this hurts us more, since we have expansion level roster even when healthy. + for Miami.

Miami is rolling, we are Jetting, so I might be overly optimistic giving us 13 points here. I hate being a downer on game day though.

Taking all that into account, I think Miami by 24 is spot on. I could see Wilson throwing a few more passes for a few more yards and with a lower completion % though.

The Fins are actually due for an L. All time Miami is 56-55-1 vs the Jets so if we win today we tie the series. In Miami I was surprised to see the Fins are only 30-25-1 vs the Jets. I thought the difference would be greater we're always hearing about how we've underperformed with those temps and the advantage Miami has in Miami. Yeah they are on a winning streak but are they actually that good. The 5 teams they've beaten in that streak are: Houston, Baltimore, the Jets, Carolina and the Giants. Most of those Ws against teams with non starting Qbs playing. Give them credit for those wins but except for Balt none of them stick out or show they are a team to reckon with. As for today even with all of this said they are playing a team on a downward plane. The defense has been spotty and sometimes terrible and same with the offense. It would be great if Zach puts it together today and it's a winnable game. But I see it as Miami 27 Jets 17.