****OFFICIAL JETS VS DOLPHINS - NOT CRACKED YET GAME THREAD****

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

We need to all have a catharsis.  To finally as a whole say these words together: Mims suck.  Is a legendary NY Jets bust, and should be cut.  Only then will we have a moment of chrysalis and go from a slithering insect to a beautiful butterfly.

You are 100% accurate. The confusing part is what happened to this guy? He did show effort and ability last year for a rookie. This year when he has played he is slow and quite honestly just seems not interested. We know the excuses but something is still missing.

• Sympathy 2

We all make our snippy comments about Zack every week.  But if you look at how that kid is playing objectively, something is really amiss.  He does not look right.  And in no way would you think he's a top two pick. 
His coaching is overcompensating to manage the game.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, tfine said:

No QB in the history of the NFL has magically made sh*tty players around them better.

Justin Herbert just had arguably the best rookie season by a QB in NFL history, and he did so with the # 32 ranked OL.

And we see sh*tty/JAG receivers do well with good/great QBs then disappear all the time in this league.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

This team is a failure, from ownership on down to the waterboy.

Tackling is non existent, running game is non existent, passing game is non existent, o'line is nonexistent. Could be time to cut bait and move on from Wilson. What a shame , I was hoping he was the ones. 2 high draft choices missed.

I don’t believe that they quit, just don’t have the coaching and talent at the moment to win.

still have rose colored glasses on for next year 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At some point, you need your # 2 overall pick to do more than just “not lose the game.”

10 games in and he’s only been one of the top 3 or so players on the field in 1, maybe 2 games this year.  

I think at some point you should absolutely expect that.  Today wasn’t that point.   Jets are so short handed on offense right now. So banged up everywhere.  That just keeping the team is the game is worthy of applause.  

48 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

@Maxman can we seriously ban these mf'ers Phil? They're going to kill your site.

Zach is swimming. People in the league know he stinks. Not saying he will never turn it around... sorry that is the truth. 

Crying to the mods to ban me is a great example of how sensitive jets fans are. Bro take a walk and relax. It aint that serious.

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think frustration with Zach is 100% understandable. The Defense wasn’t the #2 overall pick.

Saleh deserves more criticism than he is getting tbh.

The defense didn't lose the Jets the game either. Zach played well in the first half and showed the team can score if he makes his passes. 

However, the OL played badly and it became obvious fast that Zach works well when he can 1) trust his pocket and 2) use that trust to get into a rhythm. I doubt any QB would do well when they have no time to do anything before getting dropped on every other play. Even Mahomes couldn't do it in the SB. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I think at some point you should absolutely expect that.  Today wasn’t that point.   Jets are so short handed on offense right now. So banged up everywhere.  That just keeping the team is the game is worthy of applause.  

The entire league is decimated with injuries and Covid.  The Ravens have Huntley at QB against Green Bay and they’re competitive.   

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Justin Herbert just had arguably the best rookie season by a QB in NFL history, and he did so with the # 32 ranked OL.

And we see sh*tty/JAG receivers do well with good/great QBs then disappear all the time in this league.

People are clueless. I just saw a post that said was zach did today was good enough. He blows. I have seen good/great players elevate those around them many time. In fact, happens ALL the time. That is what makes those guys great. Zach stinks right now.

insert spongebob meme IM OUT

• Haha 1

I've been preaching that Zach is a rookie and we have to be patient.  However as the # 2 player picked in the draft he has to make some plays that picks his team up. I'm not expecting miracles, just show me glimpses of something special.  Something that he and the Jets can build on as the talent around him improves. So far I haven't seen it. I'm not ready to leave the party, but I am starting to get slightly nervous.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Darnold had a much more competent coaching staff and a veteran QB who actually helped him prepare.   This staff hasn’t even pretended to have a development plan for Zach. 

Darnold had Bolwes' last year and Gase, who is widely acknowledged on this board as the worst HC in the last 50 years.

Are you saying Gase was a competent HC?

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Darnold had Bolwes' last year and Gase, who is widely acknowledged on this board as the worst HC in the last 50 years.

Are you saying Gase was a competent HC?

Below average but an NFL coach who has at least worked with both experienced a young QBs.  Saleh was hired to be a leader of men.  He’s not even pretending he’s a coach.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The entire league is decimated with injuries and Covid.  The Ravens have Huntley at QB against Green Bay and they’re competitive.   

Were the Jets not competitive today? They had a lead at tone point. Fell apart in the 4th quarter (well, third maybe), but overall, only lost by a TD. That's progress, no? 

Just now, xJayce said:

Were the Jets not competitive today? They had a lead at tone point. Fell apart in the 4th quarter (well, third maybe), but overall, only lost by a TD. That's progress, no? 

They played a bad team that came out flat and was ripe for the slaughter.  Miami made a couple of adjustments at half time and bitch slapped us.  

• Post of the Week 1

Yes because Kennan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, Austin Eikler we’re not good until Justin Herbert came and took them to football immortality.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, xJayce said:

They had a chance to win or tie on their last drive, that's progress

• Upvote 1