LaFleur took the bullet

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Agreed, being able to admit fault and make the correct changes is such a great asset to have.

LeFleur is the best OC I think I've ever seen us have. The year with Marshall and Decker was awesome too but the skill level and experience between the 2 is the difference for me. This feels sustainable with the young guns.

totally agree.

how many WTF plays were called every game during the last decade.  like the 5 yard pass on 3rd and 8.

this year, very few of them

• Upvote 2

This "communication" issue has been going on all season long...and no sign of it ending this year or in the future....make book that it will revisit.

What communication thing? The thing where they didn’t tell the QB that a QBsneak on 4th and 2 is not advisable? You’re right, when the QB is dumb as rocks I guess they have to communicate better. I’d start with a fun pop up book for the playbook.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, Not really. I think it would be more accurate to say that everyday they ask someone new and they have a slightly different  spin on it.

What Saleh said immediately after the game - that the play call was a sweep to Berrios that had a QB sneak option built in if the A gap was open - hasn’t changed. You can spin it any way you want from there.

To me, the QB made a rookie mistake and should have handed the ball off, but he thought the A gap was open and went for it. Any “controversy” over this plays seems like much ado about nothing.

All of us here can argue all we want on whether or not the A-gap was there or even wide enough, but that doesn't change the fact that Zach saw a gap and thought 'sneak!'. That doesn't mean he's dumb, or that the playcall was different, or that he was playing hero ball. He's a rookie, and things like that don't snap in place yet due to lack of experience. 

Totally agree with you

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The way they have been handling this is so bizzare. Every day the story changes. 

Who cares? This play, which cost a 4-12 team the chance to be 5-11, is so blown out of proportion it is mind boggling.   Scott and Colon got what they wanted.  I was done with this play on Sunday night.  Time to move on. Nothing to see here.

After this week, why would a free agent or a draft pick want to come here to play or a coach come here to coach in this toxic media and fan environment?  The harm done to this team by the continued scrutiny of a simple mistake by the media and the fan base is so much greater than the faux crap spewed about Wilson and this play call.  Enough already.  Sunday can't come soon enough.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Everyone is jumping on the Grenade. 

Extreme Ownership. 

Jocko would be proud.

It's called reverse psychology. 

blame everything on yourself and Woody will see 'Strong man' and think 'keep job'

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The most interesting piece is LaFleur saying that John Beck won’t be back next year. 

For folks that didn't watch the video - he didn't say that. He said they would make a decision when the time came. 

I think Beck terminating his contract now allows the Jets to have him continue coaching Zach in the off season. Lafleur even mentioned that he and Beck are already working on what Zach's off-season should look like. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

35 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

For folks that didn't watch the video - he didn't say that. He said they would make a decision when the time came. 

I think Beck terminating his contract now allows the Jets to have him continue coaching Zach in the off season. Lafleur even mentioned that he and Beck are already working on what Zach's off-season should look like. 

Which is good. If Beck can teach LaFleur and Co. how to coach Zach it will probably carry over to other positions too. Beck was a great 1-year addition.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

LaFleur is the best coach on the staff quite easily.

Admits to mistakes, corrects the mistakes, admits he needs to reevaluate, does so.

The people in this world that readily admit to mistakes or that their planing needs adjustment you can trust.  The people that are never wrong you can't trust.

Agree. Hope we win a super bowl before he’s poached to be a head coach. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The most interesting piece is LaFleur saying that John Beck won’t be back next year. 

I was surprised when he joined the staff, being that he had a pretty lucrative business as a private coach. I never expected him back. I’m sure he’ll be back to doing what he was doing the day after the season. Probably counting to work with Zach, too. He should be better for Zach after working with the staff for much of the season, as well.  

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, slats said:

I was surprised when he joined the staff, being that he had a pretty lucrative business as a private coach. I never expected him back. I’m sure he’ll be back to doing what he was doing the day after the season. Probably counting to work with Zach, too. He should be better for Zach after working with the staff for much of the season, as well.  

I thought it was interesting because having him around seemed to be paying tangible dividends. You’d think they’d make an effort to keep him around, I guess. 

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I thought it was interesting because having him around seemed to be paying tangible dividends. You’d think they’d make an effort to keep him around, I guess. 

My understanding is he wants to go back to his business...But maybe the Jets have smartened up and decided to pull an ole' Belichick style trick.  Seems pretty clear he's made a difference - 

Hire the guy during the season and let him leave in the off-season.  Therefor allowing Zach to work with him all off-season - then bring him back.  I think it's super valuable to have them work together all winter/spring

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

it was a stupid play call....lafleur and zach ****ed up. both of these things can be true at the same time.

This is almost certainly the reality.

LeFleur gave a play with an option for a QB sneak on a certain read...

Zach's read was to sneak it - but he should have realized with 2 yards it was a tough get and probably should have called another TO and got some clarity.

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

My understanding is he wants to go back to his business...But maybe the Jets have smartened up and decided to pull an ole' Belichick style trick.  Seems pretty clear he's made a difference - 

Hire the guy during the season and let him leave in the off-season.  Therefor allowing Zach to work with him all off-season - then bring him back.  I think it's super valuable to have them work together all winter/spring

How much can Beck make as a QB coach? I’ve read that Zach paid for a full summer of it—all by himself—by doing DoorDash a couple times a week. What gives? 

• Haha 2