Becton has started working with a nutritionist

Rhg1084

16 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Are people willfully ignorant of the great shape he got himself into before camp?  Frankly, i think he became very depressed that he worked his ass off to get into great shape and was injured before the end of game one. Query, what do depressed people do? Right, eat. And his weight and deconditioned state extended his injury recovery. Another consideration is that the coaching staff wanted to drive home that his getting back on the field requires him to be in a certain condition at a target weight. I fully expect Becton to show up for camp in great shape… just like he did this past season.

Cam akers was in great shape and on the verge of a breakout year before he tore his Achilles in July. Like a true professional,  he worked his ass off and was back in week 18. He didn't just get sad and give up like Becton (who was dealing with a significantly less serious injury)

Becton can't get depressed over every sprain or he is doomed to fail. Lineman get hurt and play hurt every year. 

I'm optimistic about this nutritionist thing but he has a long way to go to prove himself to most jets fans.

He showed up to the Combine and to his first NFL camp in great shape, for him.

He had some injury issues and “tapped out” too many times his rookie year.

He got plantar fasciitis during his year 2 off season-you get that from increasing your activity too fast-your weight can’t help.

He got toasted all through camp.  He looked good in pre-season games. 

He got injured in game 1/season 2, did not recover in time and supposedly became out of shape.

Who knows what the Jets get here in 2022.  It is both good and bad news that we are hearing about the nutritionist now.  All we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Good. I hope someone talked some sense into him and this is a step in the right direction.

Someone needs to be talk to his wife and his mother about. Dude is heading to an early grave. There still is tremendous potential but he is going to have to tame the beast but quick. The next two years will tell the tale. If he reports to camp in shape he gets to do it all over again in 2023. If he is a mess the Jets will keep him around as a back-up for the next 2 years and then cut him.

• Upvote 2