Rumor: Brady To Retire

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

because winning 2 would have been better?

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Was still an elite player and thought he could win another one 

I mean yeah, but that same logic applies now, though. He's still playing at an elite level and could win again next year. Didn't he say for years he wanted to play until 45?

He came back this year because he thought Tampa could win it this year.

If he retires its because he doesnt believe they can win it next year. It’s that simple. This could all be a ploy to push Tampa front office to invest every possible resource to retain or upgrade positions at his discretion.

They’re bound to lose some key players, Gronk might be done, Byron might get a HC job, AB ran off the reservation, etc etc.

52 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean yeah, but that same logic applies now, though. He's still playing at an elite level and could win again next year. Didn't he say for years he wanted to play until 45?

Probably family pressure + he probably sees the writing on the wall in Tampa - lots of aging vets and free agents. 

I also wouldn’t be surprised if he changed his mind. He’s an obsessive competitor - these guys have a tough time walking away 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Not only Nantz the rest of them as well. During the Bucs comeback This past week listening to Collingsworth go on and on about Tammy Brady was the most excruciating thing I ever heard. His lips had to be surgically removed from Bradys penis as he was making his azz whistle After 5 minutes of being subjected to this drivel sound went off once again just couldn’t take it 

Even after the Bucs lost Collinsworth was slurping on Brady's nob. It's disgusting. The number of times they harped on Brady's lack of weapons was disgusting. Bro he has Mike Evans & Gronk to throw to with Fournette in the back field and you're acting like he's throwing to Keelen Cole and Denzel Mims.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Regardless of whether he retires or not, he will wait to announce it on SB weekend to steal the news cycle from the deserved participants in the big game.

He did something similar a few years ago, if I’m not mistaken. 

Because he’s such a swell guy.

Fork Tom Brady.

It’d be vintage Brady to flood the zone with retirement rumors, only to announce at the Super Bowl that he’s heroically going to give it one more year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Conspiracy Theory: once the refs threw the flag for unsportsmanlike conduct Brady, he realized he is no longer protected by the league.   His feelings are hurt.

seriously though I will actually miss watching him and cheering against him.   A lot like when Marino retired.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

He came back this year because he thought Tampa could win it this year.

If he retires its because he doesnt believe they can win it next year. It’s that simple. This could all be a ploy to push Tampa front office to invest every possible resource to retain or upgrade positions at his discretion.

They’re bound to lose some key players, Gronk might be done, Byron might get a HC job, AB ran off the reservation, etc etc.

I am pretty sure Tom has the ear of the FO and coaching staff. He already calls the shots on offense. He doesnt need to bluff retirement.

The amount of salt in this thread...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

IF Tom Brady retires, which he probably is going to, he did it on his own terms going out playing at an MVP level.

Don't have to convince me.  I'm on the "He is the GOAT" side of the argument.  Hate him, but respect what he's done.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Don't have to convince me.  I'm on the "He is the GOAT" side of the argument.  Hate him, but respect what he's done.

yup.  

But that doesn't mean I like him.  He's fairly unlikable. I like that he goes out with an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  After all those years of crying and whining...  ha.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yup.  

But that doesn't mean I like him.  He's fairly unlikable. I like that he goes out with an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  After all those years of crying and whining...  ha.

Agreed, he never read as "likeable" to me, but in fairness, Jordan also never read as likeable either.  Tiger Woods, lol, nope.  Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Ty Cobb, not a likeable person in that group.

GOATS are rarely personable and likeable people it seems (I am sure there are exceptions).  I guess being that driven may make you a bit of a dickhead.  /shrug

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Agreed, he never read as "likeable" to me, but in fairness, Jordan also never read as likeable either.  Tiger Woods, lol, nope.  Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Ty Cobb, not a likeable person in that group.

GOATS are rarely personable and likeable people it seems (I am sure there are exceptions).  I guess being that driven may make you a bit of a dickhead.  /shrug

Fair points, but I would like to point out that the previous person that (mostly) everyone saw as the GOAT before Brady (Joe Montana) seems like a great guy.  

Throw Wayne Gretzky in there too!  

I’m sure there are more exceptions, as you said.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Fair points, but I would like to point out that the previous person that (mostly) everyone saw as the GOAT before Brady (Joe Montana) seems like a great guy.  

Indeed, fair points on both accounts Mog.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Babe Ruth.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Not the GOAT. The GOAT cannot get suspended for cheating and lose 3 Super Bowls. 

I’m sorry. He’s not the GOAT. 

He’s a POS. 

Well, you CAN lose three Super Bowls when you take your teams to ten of them. 

That being said....F Tom Brady!  

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Not the GOAT. The GOAT cannot get suspended for cheating and lose 3 Super Bowls. 

He’s a POS. 

I just always assumed those around here labeling him as the GOAT meant in reference to his abilities at endless, non-stop cheating.  You kind of have to give him that.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I've met LOTS of hockey players over the years working in Banff (Edmonton Oilers trained there in summers, many teams stayed at the Banff Springs Hotel), and met many people involved in hockey.....Gretzky wasn't well liked either by many!

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

He’s a POS. 

The guy has been in the SB nearly half his career, and has a .700 win percentage in those games. I hate the guy, but damn, that's just insanely good.

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

I am pretty sure Tom has the ear of the FO and coaching staff. He already calls the shots on offense. He doesnt need to bluff retirement.

The amount of salt in this thread...

I’m not being salty against him not am I even a Brady hater.

But who knows what the HC & GM have said to him about plans for the future etc.

Maybe they’re in an impossible position cap wise and Brady wants them forfeiting future draft picks to go all in next year.

It’s all speculative but I’ll tell you one, thing if Brady thinks he has a good chance of winning it next year he’ll come back. If not he’ll retire.