OT: Juwan Howard Strikes Joe Krabbenhoft After Michigan-Wisconsin Game

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Howard was pissed they were getting crushed and started pressing their backups with like a minute left. Pretty bush league overall. 

If Howard was going to continue to have his guys play seriously (by pressing) then Wisconsin had every right to also play seriously.

Juwan Howard is a huge baby to complain about this. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Howard was going to continue to have his guys play seriously (by pressing) then Wisconsin had every right to also play seriously.

Juwan Howard is a huge baby to complain about this. 

Yeah that’s why Wisconsin called timeout. Backups started turning it over. Was watching this live. Howard was being a sore loser.

• Upvote 2

The people around the coach that got hit seem to react something he said. So there’s that. The Wisconsin head coach also said something first. So there’s that. 

Howard just can’t do that tho. UM is a world renowned university. I expect a pretty severe punishment 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

The people around the coach that got hit seem to react something he said. So there’s that. The Wisconsin head coach also said something first. So there’s that. 

Howard just can’t do that tho. UM is a world renowned university. I expect a pretty severe punishment 

Anything less than him getting fired would be inappropriate.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Not a big deal. However in the era we now live in everyone on tv had to act outraged. Gio said best this morning on “Boomer and Gio.”

You couldn't be more wrong.

His actions (slapping the Wisconsin coach) almost led to a full-on brawl.  And this is from the COACH of the team.  And this is his 2nd "anger management" incident as a coach in the past year.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/13/juwan-howard-allegedly-threatened-mark-turgeon-in-ejection/

• Upvote 2

This is the second “incident” with Howard in the last year or so.  He had a pretty significant outburst at Marylands coaches last year but was not physical.

It’s not a good  look and he could potentially get fired but I think a suspension for the remainder of the regular season is likely, at minimum.

Here is where things get tricky for me.  I do not condone what Howard did at all.  You are a grown man, control your emotions better and don’t get physical.  But sports should not be emotionless.  The emotion is what makes sports great.  But can’t smack someone like that and not get punished.

Now back to where I struggle with this.  Mark Few, Head Coach if Gonzaga and one of the crown jewel coaches of college hoops got a dui this off-season and got a one game suspension.  What is a worse infraction?  A DUI or what Howard did?  I know what I think but the suspensions won’t be the same by any stretch.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So weird to see a coach with a pulse. Doesn’t he know that standing on the sidelines with your arms folded while your team gets blown out is the key to wealth? 

It really is. Then afterwards you can celebrate by going to a bar and play hand jive with a silly. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So weird to see a coach with a pulse. Doesn’t he know that standing on the sidelines with your arms folded while your team gets blown out is the key to wealth? 

Give me a break.  Juwan Howard didn't call off the dogs at the end of the game yet he gets upset (enough to get physical!) when the opposing coach (who had his backups on the floor, while Michigan had their starters) calls a timeout?

"How dare you not give up while we're still trying?!"

And this is his 2nd "anger management" issue in the past year.  And his actions almost led to a full-on brawl.  There was no physical violence until HE slapped the opposing teams assistant coach.  Juwan Howard needs to be fired.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also, strikes? He grabs him and puts his finger in his face. Come on. Guy’s fine. 

It almost caused a brawl between the teams and it could've spilled over to the fans.  In other words, a potentially very dangerous situation created all due to Juwan Howard's immaturity.  And it's his 2nd "anger management" issue within the past year.

Keep in mind that Howard left his starters in while Wisconsin had their backups in.  And Michigan was playing press defense.  To get even get upset at all (let alone enough to start physical violence!) at the Wisconsin coach for calling a timeout shows that Howard is clueless.  He has absolutely no business being a head coach.  

• Upvote 2

Obviously he must be cancelled because everyone is outraged by something that will be forgotten in about 12 minutes ?.  As a coach he needs to set an example for college students and shouldn't be slapping anyone but maybe the punishment should fit the "crime".  Suspend him for two games and then get ready for March Madness.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Obviously he must be cancelled because everyone is outraged by something that will be forgotten in about 12 minutes ?.  As a coach he needs to set an example for college students and shouldn't be slapping anyone but maybe the punishment should fit the "crime".  Suspend him for two games and then get ready for March Madness.

And if it happens a 3rd time and a brawl breaks out and someone gets badly injured (or worse), are you going to excuse it again?  He needs to be fired and that has nothing to do with fake outrage.

• Upvote 3