The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

3 minutes ago, GangGreen Machine said:

True, maybe Hill was getting tackled by DB’s more than the front 7? I also have watched highlights of Deebo where he is getting receptions 15-20 yards downfield other than bubble screens and quick pitches. 
If anyone is a fan of Treylon Burks, I’m one of them, Deebo is the original blueprint. 

I'm not anti Deebo to be clear. I think he's a great player and would be happy to have him.

I just think the combination of giving up lots of draft capital and giving a huge contract is a lot for a guy who basically has one year of elite production that coincided with a breakout in a hybrid role -- that he apparently doesn't want to play anyway. It's a big gamble. Tyreek is so proven as a playmaker that I think you jump at the chance. Deebo is more of a gamble.

I don't blame anyone who would pull the trigger I'm just not as convinced he steps in and elevates us in the same way.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm not anti Deebo to be clear. I think he's a great player and would be happy to have him.

I just think the combination of giving up lots of draft capital and giving a huge contract is a lot for a guy who basically has one year of elite production that coincided with a breakout in a hybrid role -- that he apparently doesn't want to play anyway. It's a big gamble. Tyreek is so proven as a playmaker that I think you jump at the chance. Deebo is more of a gamble.

I don't blame anyone who would pull the trigger I'm just not as convinced he steps in and elevates us in the same way.

He was actually more productive in the games before they started using him at RB.

If his receiving numbers drop off 24% and he becomes Tyreek Hills career average, I'd be upset though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I hadn’t penciled you in as a anti Deebo. For the record, Deebos rookie year was a monster year that went under the radar. Almost 1000 AP yards and 6 TDs for a rookie 2nd rounder is awesome. I would have loved to see that in year one from Stephen Hill, Devin Smith, Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore, etc.

If he hadn’t gotten hurt year two he probably would have built off that too. I hope #10 doesn’t need to be used but I’m willing to gamble on the upswing with this particular player given our offensive tendencies. 

No one in this Jets roster is valued to get any sort of big second contract. Im good with giving it to Deebo. 

3 hours ago, section314 said:

I'll bet you a steak dinner at the establishment of your choice that 3 years from now those two bums are out of the NFL and Zach is a top 10 QB.

I'll bet you the same that tua/teddy has a better year than Zach next year 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Optics wise it's going to be tough for SF - Jets aren't giving up 10.  If it's the Jets it's probably something like the Hill deal.  no way 10 is involved. Not getting a 1st at all would look terrible (even though it's fair comp)

Agree. Seems like they also feel the Buckner trade hasn't gone well for them. So that might cause some hesitation in trading another star. 

I think PFF made a good argument as to Deebo’s value. They have him as a late 1st round value (roughly early 20’s pick). They dont view him as valuable as Tyreek. They also think he is most valuable to the 49ers.

I personally would have #10 on the board. But we all know Joe Douglas is not going to over pay. So if #10 is included Maybe something where we get Deebo and a 2023 3rd rounder. Something like that. But you are likely right, #10 is probably not on the table.

I still think he lands in Atlanta. 

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Deebo Samuel Rumors

Maybe you already posted them here, but I’m curious to hear your thoughts on this, Jet nut.

Personally, I’d give SF the 10 pick if that’s what it took to get this guy. I really think a player like him is exactly what this offense (and Wilson) needs right now.

Could Williams or one of these other rookies end up being that guy? Yeah, they could, but with the new market now, we’d have to pay them more in 3 years if they did, and Debo is already that guy. He’s young, and would be signed for the next 5 years or so.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

You are on. So we now have two bets?

Yes two steak dinners let's say 100 x2 to the charity of the winners choice 

The first bet is that tua and/or Tua have higher qb rank than wilson as defined by td/int ratio (I'm open to other suggestions, we could also use qb rating or pff but I don't have a subscription to that) 

The second bet is within 3 years (2022, 2023 & 2024 season inclusive) Tua is out of the league and ZW is a top 10 QB (using the same metric as the first bet) 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Is it crazy that even if we trade for Deebo (not knowing the compensation), I would still want the Jets to try to find a way to draft Jameson Williams?

Nope, would be a smart idea.  Davis isn't coming back in 2023.  Let Williams fully heal - and in 2023 you have Deebo, Moore and Williams...

ZW's third year - team becomes a Super Bowl contender.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Nope, would be a smart idea.  Davis isn't coming back in 2023.  Let Williams fully heal - and in 2023 you have Deebo, Moore and Williams...

ZW's third year - team becomes a Super Bowl contender.

Man, that would be a trio of wide receivers.

image.png.5e3c0262fe72cc477b03e2484e61b09f.png

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Is it crazy that even if we trade for Deebo (not knowing the compensation), I would still want the Jets to try to find a way to draft Jameson Williams?

Davis has pretty much 1 yr left on his deal. This wouldn’t be crazy at all. 

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Hate to say it but I think you're right about Atlanta. If he wants to be closer to home it makes too much sense.

To much dead money  and a very bad roster. i don’t see how they get involved. There literally us 2 years ago. Way to many needs

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Maybe you already posted them here, but I’m curious to hear your thoughts on this, Jet nut.

Personally, I’d give SF the 10 pick if that’s what it took to get this guy. I really think a player like him is exactly what this offense (and Wilson) needs right now.

Could Williams or one of these other rookies end up being that guy? Yeah, they could, but with the new market now, we’d have to pay them more in 3 years if they did, and Debo is already that guy. He’s young, and would be signed for the next 5 years or so.

Williams could become that good.  But that’s the rub to me.  You pick Williams and you hope and pray he becomes……Deebo.  Doubtful anyone in this draft is better.  So why shouldn’t we trade the 10th for he real, proven WR?  I don’t go far beyond the 10th though.  Don’t think JD will allow himself to get held up and robbed

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Scoop24 said:

To much dead money  and a very bad roster. i don’t see how they get involved. There literally us 2 years ago. Way to many needs

I don’t think atlanta is getting him or drafting a wr at 8.  They drafted pitts last year.  I think wilson will fall to 10.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Yes two steak dinners let's say 100 x2 to the charity of the winners choice 

The first bet is that tua and/or Tua have higher qb rank than wilson as defined by td/int ratio (I'm open to other suggestions, we could also use qb rating or pff but I don't have a subscription to that) 

The second bet is within 3 years (2022, 2023 & 2024 season inclusive) Tua is out of the league and ZW is a top 10 QB (using the same metric as the first bet) 

That’s aggressive.  @jgb and I bet on top 16 QBR EVER for the Jets and if Wilson’s fifth year option would be picked up.  

Tua being a backup but sticking in the league is a loss?  That’s harsh lol.  

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Williams could become that good.  But that’s the rub to me.  You pick Williams and you hope and pray he becomes……Deebo.  Doubtful anyone in this draft is better.  So why shouldn’t we trade the 10th for he real, proven WR?  I don’t go far beyond the 10th though.  Don’t think JD will allow himself to get held up and robbed

We’re in complete agreement here then. ?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Ben Had said:

Interesting...everyone on here believes Tua is a bust...

This year is gonna be fun... 

I agree that people are overly hard on Tua. They talk about him like he's Hackenberg. 

Tua's biggest issue is that Miami drafted him over Herbert, but he hasn't been a bad NFL starter by any stretch of the imagination. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

That’s aggressive.  @jgb and I bet on top 16 QBR EVER for the Jets and if Wilson’s fifth year option would be picked up.  

Tua being a backup but sticking in the league is a loss?  That’s harsh lol.  

usually when someone makes a bet like this I never see them again 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I agree that people are overly hard on Tua. They talk about him like he's Hackenberg. 

Tua's biggest issue is that Miami drafted him over Herbert, but he hasn't been a bad NFL starter by any stretch of the imagination. 

I think the fact that Miami collapsed down the stretch when they went to him in 2020 over Fitzpatrick colors the narrative too. 

• WTF? 1