The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

6 minutes ago, derp said:

Feel like these deals are never as simple as Deebo for 10. If they’re negotiating I wonder if it’s more Deebo + 93 or 105 for 10 (close chart value to Hill, Adams trades) or Deebo for 10 + 111 or 117.

Having been pleasantly surprised by past Douglas trades something along the lines of the former would be cool and not a complete shock.

I think this is probably right, but it's ancillary.  They'll likely be a later round swap or two.   I doubt a 2nd or 3rd in any way will come into play.

but Deebo for 10 is the crux of it.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

By the way, I'm sure it's been addressed in this thread, but if someone trades for Deebo, it has to be BEFORE the draft.

Any trade for Deebo is going to be contingent on him signing an extension.  A team is not going to give up high round draft picks, without that condition.

Thus, the extension needs to be negotiated, physical has to be passed, and Deebo needs to sign before the draft picks are actually used by the receiving team.

All of that is not going to happen while someone's on the clock.

And any team who makes the trade without all of that happening before they lose their picks is playing a very very risky game.

Yup and this is probably already happening.

If SF is even considering trading him - JD and Deebo's agent already have a deal done.  This is likely under the table and not complete but the guts of it are done.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think this is probably right, but it's ancillary.  They'll likely be a later round swap or two.   I doubt a 2nd or 3rd in any way will come into play.

I’m sure a deal is in place with pick 10, but the Niners are reluctant to pull the trigger to see if another team can top it. Eagles for one is a threat to do it. They can offer picks 15+51.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Just look at this gem from cynthia frelund from nfl.com in an article speculating on draft trades.

NEW YORK RECEIVES:

WR Deebo Samuel

SAN FRANCISCO RECEIVES:

WR Elijah Moore

Round 1, 2022: No. 10 overall

Round 2, 2022: No. 35

I seriously might stop being a Jets fan if JD did that.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Obviously not the crux of the deal but those little details end up mattering until the long run.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed. 

I think #10 overall should get it done. Maybe I'd go #10 and a midround pick to make sure I got him, but I think anything more than that and I just take my chance with my favorite WR at #10.  

Here's the thing. The average 49ers fan knows nothing of the value of a draft pick, and SF if they are to trade Deebo will want to appear to have "won" the trade so two 1sts even if they are lesser value might be more attractive than #10. And I suspect #10 alone is probably JDs limit, at least I hope it is.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Definitely a scary though, that.  but what would they have left to trade TB?

literally nothing.

Brady that DEVIL only signed a ONE YEAR DEAL with TB!!!

Think Brady was already planning on going to Miami this year and then the whole Flores nonsense stopped that.  So what if they essentially are stockpiling talent so that Brady can come back to the Division just so he can stick it to Bellichick! 

I for one can see that happening, hence the secret reason why I really want Deebo now...  :(  

• Sympathy 1

One complicating part to this is wouldn't SF want to see who is available at 10 and make the trade then ? All the while JD drafting at 4 not knowing if they accept the deal at 10.  Don't think it changes his pick at 4 but this close to the draft if I am SF I want to see how the draft plays out picks 1-9.

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

Didn't Woody absolutely commit to letting JD and Saleh run the show this time?  

You have to pin this on someone else, regardless how it turns out.

After all I just read how the Bills trading for Diggs was a mistake.  Really 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I think it also helps with both the participants perception and the publics when the deal isn't as "clean" as this for that. Once you add in these adjustments it makes it more palatable.

I think the ultimate in making this deal unclean for public perception would be for the Jets to include Mims.  He doesn't appear to have much value to the Jets right now, but he could be sold to the public as "a 2nd round pick only 2 years ago" and would be someone for SF to add to bolster their WR room after losing Deebo.

• Upvote 3