The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Hill gets traded in  few hours, new contract and all.  This Samuel thing just goes on and on...........It doesn't make any sense that the entire thing is tied to who is available at 10.  

The Chiefs wanted to trade Hill because they didn't want to pay him

The 49ers are extremely hesitant to trade Deebo because he was the biggest piece on offense during their SB run

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

He is 6’4 and plays up to his size unlike say Corey Davis and Robby Anderson. His basketball background definitely shines on field he knows to use it his body to box out and high point.  I could easily see size/skill translating. similar to courtland sutton or Tee higgins

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

He's a hair away from 6-4 and weighed 219 at his pro day 

His production was special that's why people talk about him. Usc didn't have an offense besides drake london 

The dude played usc basketball he's always going to be able to out rebound and body out 90 percent of the cb in the league 

He's not randy moss or whatever but the Jets backed themselves into a situation here where they need a wide out 

I’m not anti-Drake-London, but you have to acknowledge that his speed is going to be a limiting factor in how he’s deployed. I’d imagine they’ll use him in the passing game like the Niners use Kittle, even though Kittle is considerably faster. I listened to Dominique Foxworth breaking him down, and he made the same observation that I did a few weeks ago: Drake London isn’t even open in his highlight reels. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's easy - you just pick future studs in the draft. No chance they'll be average or bad or bust, just draft all the studz.

Yeah, and we have a great history of drafting studz, particularly WRs.

• Upvote 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

Hmmmmm

So rumor is Mike is the one who dropped the deuce in the punch bowl. Apparently Deebo and Mike had dinner days before Deebos trade request where he aired out Kyles dirty laundry and basically told Deebo to GET OUT

Wow if true 

That sounds like a problem lol

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Hmmmmm

So rumor is Mike is the one who dropped the deuce in the punch bowl. Apparently Deebo and Mike had dinner days before Deebos trade request where he aired out Kyles dirty laundry and basically told Deebo to GET OUT

Wow if true 

LaFleur?

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

no he's not always open and yet they still throw it to him and he still catches everything

this offense still needs a Kittle very badly, despite the 2 TE signings 

Except he’s likely to have a tougher time pushing around NFL corners than he did pushing around those pantywaist PAC-12 corners. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Except he’s likely to have a tougher time pushing around NFL corners than he did pushing around those pantywaist PAC-12 corners. 

And Kittle probably has a better 40, vert, and broad at 250 than London at 220.

49 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Lets just move on from Deebo already.  Draft a stud WR at 10 and 35.  Cheaper and younger.  Take Williams at 10 (can wait for him to recover) and take Dotson or Watson at 35.

Not a fan of trading the farm for Deebo.  We can draft a receiver and do something you know crazy like develop Mims

9 minutes ago, derp said:

And Kittle probably has a better 40, vert, and broad at 250 than London at 220.

Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett.  Even Keyshawn was actually slow and didn’t have as great a career as other WRs in his own draft class

when will people learn to stay away from slow USC Wide Receivers?

7 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

i highly doubt that..

I knew this was coming. There’s a difference between combine standing vert and basketball vert with steps.

Guys coming into the NFL consistently have higher standing verticals than guys going to the NBA, and London wasn’t even that level of basketball athlete. Football guys can just train for explosiveness, basketball guys need to train for endurance, and it means football guys have better standing verts.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

Link?

I got it from a Grant Cohn stream one of the recent ones I was skimming through and someone sent a donation and  asked grant was the rumor true if McDaniel sabotaging things and he replied “that’s what’s believed”

• Upvote 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

I got it from a Grant Cohn stream one of the recent ones I was skimming through and someone sent a donation and  asked grant was the rumor true if McDaniel sabotaging things and he replied “that’s what’s believed”

Isn't that illegal?

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, derp said:

I knew this was coming. There’s a difference between combine standing vert and basketball vert with steps.

Guys coming into the NFL consistently have higher standing verticals than guys going to the NBA, and London wasn’t even that level of basketball athlete. Football guys can just train for explosiveness, basketball guys need to train for endurance, and it means football guys have better standing verts.

Wouldn't this also mean he has more athletic upside since he hasn't fully trained for football specific explosiveness. He's only 20 and is now fully committed to one sport.

• Upvote 1