The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This means SEA got word that Deebo Jets might be imminent, 10 is probably looking real tasty to them rn.

OMG guys we might be finally getting a stud WR!!!!!!!

Seattle just blinked. Time to play hardball. Offer pick 4 in exchange for DK and pick 9.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Seattle just blinked. Time to play hardball. Offer pick 4 in exchange for DK and pick 9.

I would prefer they give 35 & 38 for him because I feel like then you would get your top OT, a top Edge & a premeir WR.

8 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I mean if sea wants to move up to 4 without including Dk in the deal i might just hang up, unless they are ready to give me another heist 

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It depends on how we define down field. He's not a deep guy but he's important to the intermediate level. Having an automatic 17 yard back shoulder stop from the X is an aspect of this Jets offense that currently does not exist 

As for the size argument, you're right when the qb throwing it is diming like Stafford and Rodgers. the problem is that Zach is not as accurate as everyone thinks. His footwork is messy and often throws gunslinger trash and drake london has the catch radius to make qb1 look better. That's the aspect of the London pick I understand 

If drake london ran a 4.4 he'd be like a top 3 guy. Yes the speed factors into his price as a mid Rd 1 guy rather than a high Rd 1 guy 

I did not want to play the Jerry Rice card but that's another mid Rd 1 guy who didn't run a great 40

Pretty sure the Rice thing is a legend.

I think you got what I meant about downfield.

Of course London would go high if he’s a 4.4 guy, but he’s not close. Wilson would go high if he was 220. 

I’d also argue ball placement is very important on plays for big guys that are going to get contested as the window is going to be small. I think the value of big guys for inaccurate guys is overrated. Easier to hit a small guy who’s open than a big guy who’s not.

19 minutes ago, varjet said:

If you are the Seahawks, do you trade up for Kayvon for $8mm to build your defense first and let the Jets pay DK $25mm while you find a new QB, which is probably a veteran next year?  That is what I would do if I was John Schneider.  

If the Seahawks are smart they lock up DK long term and draft a qb in round 2 either Corral or Ridder

18 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Doubt they'd do that. Swapping 4 to 9 is only worth a mid-2nd rounder (450 points). We'd have to throw another pick in. Probably one of our 2s.

26 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This means SEA got word that Deebo Jets might be imminent, 10 is probably looking real tasty to them rn.

OMG guys we might be finally getting a stud WR!!!!!!!

This may be big if true because it shows there's outside interest in our pick from teams with top WR's. Gives us more leverage if there's shared interest outside of us calling and trying to convince these teams to part with their top players when they're skeptical.

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Not for nothing but if this goes down we gotta put some respect on TruJetsFans’ name. He’s been calling these steps days in advance 

Does this guy have a track record of having inside info or something?