Jets Sign Former 3rd Overall Pick Solomon Thomas

Grandy

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

(sung to the tune of "Beauty School Drop Out")

Training camp fodder,
No expectations set on you,
Training camp fodder,
most likely blow out your achilles

Don't think you'll get to play that much 
Sure hope you got your college degree
cuz being last in line with the NY Jets 
will put you on the street.

No.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

And here I  thought the Jets were the only team that drafted players high and they didnt work out.....

Did they fire the GM?

He was the very first pick by Lynch in SF. Guy was undersized and kind of a questionable pick, but Lynch and him were in the same class in college and he really liked him as a person and why they selected him. Not exactly the best way to pick guys but he busted out and hopefully will be able to contribute here.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, peebag said:

(sung to the tune of "Beauty School Drop Out")

Training camp fodder,
No expectations set on you,
Training camp fodder,
most likely blow out your achilles

Don't think you'll get to play that much 
Sure hope you got your college degree
cuz being last in line with the NY Jets 
will put you on the street.

32 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No.

I'm with you, peebag. Very good job. 

didi conn grease GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He’s a depth signing. Not a big deal either way. There’s upside there I guess.

As long as the money is reasonable, assuming a one year deal with little guarantee, there is no real downside to this signing.  Giving a guy who has underperformed a chance to make the roster.  No more, no less.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

ROFL @T0mShane's former muse and obsession

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

@T0mShane he loved him some Thomas coming out.  Called him the Jamal Adams of the DE class.

You filthy skells. You dirty, front- running skanks. Behold, these testing numbers: outside of being a tenth slower in the forty and a shade slower in the 20 yard shuttle, Solomon Thomas owned Jamal Adams at the Combine, and at 60 pounds heavier. You clowns can go to your graves knowing you slurped up a me-first loser like Jamal Adams, who sucks, and denigrated a good Stanford man like Solomon Thomas. 

FC15351D-859F-4771-B9F9-A00E84DB4ED3.png

43DF4EC6-D63A-46B7-B92C-0B40DE76F45B.png

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

not from what i am hearing, quite the opposite, he was not even really graded as a 1st rounder...

I agree most are jags

huh? Dude was the 3rd overall pick in the draft. Who didnt grade him as a 1st rd pick before the draft?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He was the very first pick by Lynch in SF. Guy was undersized and kind of a questionable pick, but Lynch and him were in the same class in college and he really liked him as a person and why they selected him. Not exactly the best way to pick guys but he busted out and hopefully will be able to contribute here.

His sister committed suicide when Thomas was (iirc) heading into his second year in the league and he went through some sh*t dealing with it. 

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Thomas played almost exclusively on the edge for San Fran(nearly 80% of his snaps) and was a huge disappointment.

Last year with the Raiders he spent about 50% of his snaps at DT and his production was improved along with his pass rush win rate.  Still hardly setting the world on fire, though.

I would imagine he will be playing inside almost exclusively here.  This is a calculated swing worth taking.

What led to former 49ers first-round pick Solomon Thomas’ breakout season with the Raiders?

After failing to find consistent success in San Francisco, former 49ers top pick Solomon Thomas is having a breakout season with the Raiders.

By Marc Delucchi 

on October 14, 2021 8:01 am

https://www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2021/10/14/22712048/former-49ers-solomon-thomas-breakout-season-raiders

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You filthy skells. You dirty, front- running skanks. Behold, these testing numbers: outside of being a tenth slower in the forty and a shade slower in the 20 yard shuttle, Solomon Thomas owned Jamal Adams at the Combine, and at 60 pounds heavier. You clowns can go to your graves knowing you slurped up a me-first loser like Jamal Adams, who sucks, and denigrated a good Stanford man like Solomon Thomas. 

So would you say, then, that this was a good signing by Joe Douglas? 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cool measurables, bro. 

Just know forever that however bad PREZIDENT MAL was/is, he looks like Ronnie Lott compared to Solly Thomas. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

1st round selections from 2017 Draft who have been signed by the Jets: Solomon Thomas, No. 3 pick, Corey Davis, No. 5 pick, Jamal Adams, No. 6 pick., Jarrad Davis, No. 21 pick. 

Its not a bad strategy, unless a guy will be a true detriment to your team, Al Davis used to do this all the time with his Raiders, collecting someone elses former #1 busts, his rationale was that at some point, somewhere, someone really saw something special about the player and that maybe in different circumstances he could catch lightning in a bottle.

Doesn't work out....just move on quickly from the player.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1