Dwayne Haskins dies after fatal accident

Bronx

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (WSVN) - A fatal crash caused traffic delays along Interstate 595 in Fort Lauderdale. 

Florida Highway Patrol responded to the scene along the westbound lanes of I-595, between north and south of Interstate 95 around 6:37 a.m., Saturday, after a dump truck crashed into a 24-year-old male pedestrian.

The pedestrian was pronounced dead on the scene. 

All westbound I-595 lanes are currently closed, as Traffic Homicide Investigators investigate the crash. 

Traffic is being diverted to Interstate 95 going southbound. 

Drivers are advised to seek alternate routes if possible to avoid traffic delays.

Just horrible,  I know exactly where this is, I don’t know if he was exciting a car or how this happened as it’s a highway that’s not accessible to pedestrians. Cars park on the side of the road waiting to pick people up at Fort Lauderdale airport  on the east side but he got hit on the westbound side where there is nowhere to go. 

• Sympathy 1

So sad. Way too young. Wish you could take all these young men, shake them by the shoulders, and say "be so careful and watch out for each other," With very few exceptions, these are just really good, hard working guys, and many of them have pulled themselves and their families out of tough situations because of their dedication and the sport they play. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1