27. Mitchell Trubisky (PIT)

26. Jameis Winston (NO)

25. Jalen Hurts (PHI)

24. Trevor Lawrence (JAX)

23. Justin Fields (CHI)

22. Zach Wilson (NYJ)

21. Daniel Jones (NYG)

• Upvote 3

He ranked Daniel Jones above Gardner Minshew, is he on crack?

In seriousness, I don't agree with his Fields ranking. While I see a lot of talent in him, he, like Zach is a project. And unlike the Jets, the Bears don't look like they've done anything to help him.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Hex said:

He ranked Daniel Jones above Gardner Minshew, is he on crack?

In seriousness, I don't agree with his Fields ranking. While I see a lot of talent in him, he, like Zach is a project. And unlike the Jets, the Bears don't look like they've done anything to help him.

Yeah, he's totally off on Daniel Jones.

Fields has zero (worst than zero) help from the Bears. Really sad. If he has a good year, he's MVP. Hard situation to be in. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Yep. Just be a good analyst. Enough pundits add stupidity into their schtick. Just break it down. Lots of us sports fans want good takes without the dramatic presentation. 

I actually like his breakdowns but if you watch a full pod he curses literally 100 times it's overboard and he comes off as a try hard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Yeah, he's totally off on Daniel Jones.

Fields has zero (worst than zero) help from the Bears. Really sad. If he has a good year, he's MVP. Hard situation to be in. 

Fields has a better cast than friggin darnold had.

• Upvote 3

I didn't notice the cursing... I was enjoying the Zach positivity too much.  I'm happy to consume the Zach kool aid since I'm still anxious about how well Zach will do.

Simms does watch film so it is somewhat encouraging to see him doubling down on his belief in Zach.  Many of his takes echoed are familiar...late season improvement with makeshift weapons/line.  The interesting thing Simms mentioned was that Zach was expected to do more in the scheme... and Zach had success making some tougher reads/throws later in the season. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Yep. Just be a good analyst. Enough pundits add stupidity into their schtick. Just break it down. Lots of us sports fans want good takes without the dramatic presentation. 

I wonder if Phil has a Potty Mouth as well? You wouldn’t think so with the whole farm boy persona 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

What a bizarre list.

What the hell has Fields done to get to #23 when he had him ranked so low coming out. How the **** are any of these guys ahead of Tua?

He mentions during the full episode that he’s including projections on their improvement. This one was a good listen, Hurts, Lawrence, fields, Wilson, DJ

• Upvote 1

If we were drafting today and I had to choose between Tua and Fields, I’m taking Fields. We know what Tua is - He’s limited and cant push the ball down field.

I dont believe his QB ranking is who had the best year last year. If that's the case, then just rank them by 2021 QBR. The ranking should be who do expect to be better in 2022.

More egregious is Daniel Jones. He should be lower. I would have Trey Lance above Fields. And even though Zach was my QB1 last year, I think Trevor showed a stronger ability to attack the middle of the field. He should be above Zach.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

If we were drafting today and I had to choose between Tua and Fields, I’m taking Fields. We know what Tua is - He’s limited and cant push the ball down field.

I dont believe his QB ranking is who had the best year last year. If that's the case, then just rank them by 2021 QBR. The ranking should be who do expect to be better in 2022.

More egregious is Daniel Jones. He should be lower. I would have Trey Lance above Fields. And even though Zach was my QB1 last year, I think Trevor showed a stronger ability to attack the middle of the field. He should be above Zach.

IMO Daniel Jones and Baker in the same way have the arm talent, talent wise they weren't projects or raw it was already there. The issue is that their mental game hasn't improved since their rookie season. 

9 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

- Interesting take on Zach being expected to do more "advanced stuff" than the other rookie QBs. If the JETS play book is more intricate, ZW will have a better take on it this year and an even easier time with the advanced stuff. 

I think this was the most interesting point. Zach was thrown into the wolves. He knows what he's dealing with and what he will deal with, while some QBs are surprised by year 2 and 3 and that's why they regress. Hopefully this strategy has him ready this year.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Notice towards the end when he is talking about the offensive line he says "Fant" and motions over to the left side, then says "Becton" and motions over to the right.

That is interesting. Just throwing this out there.....is the Becton absence really because Saleh  and the coaches decided that they are going Fant LT and Becton RT ? 

He thought Cam Newton was better than Tom Brady and Drew Brees.
His 33rd ranked QB ended up being the 2019 Comeback Player of the Year Ryan Tannehill
He thought the guy Tannehill replaced (Mariota) was better than 2019 MVP Lamar Jackson.
He thought that Case Keenum, Andy Dalton and Joe Flacco were better than Lamar.
He thought Nick Foles  was better than Jackson, Tannehill, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray and Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

What the hell did Fields do last year to go so far up in his estimation? He had him ranked behind Kellen Mond.

Fields was abysmal in 2021 and I'm pretty sure the new regime in Chicago is intentionally setting him up to fail so they can move on in 2023 with their own guy. 

Tua has had the worst offensive line in football bar none for two years and although I don't particularly rate him he's been much better than about 10 of those ranked ahead of him.