Report: Zach Wilson has struggled with accuracy in Jets OTAs

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

We’re gonna be charting TC completion percentages this year, just like the good ‘ole days of Sanchez and Geno, aren’t we lol?

Why wouldnt we be? Contrary to popular belief practice matters. 

12 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

If this is horrible news, then the fact that I misplaced my notebook this morning is a sure sign that I have dementia. The over-the-top reactions are priceless -- as in worthless.

If this is the test then I  am 33 and have really... really bad dementia.

I'm petty sure there is a troll that takes my things..... but that's  a problem for another day.

babes in toyland horror GIF

• Haha 2

One of my doubts about Wilson coming out of BYU was the lack of any discernible leadership traits.

I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

If he also can’t hit routine layups, but just throw the occasional “wow” pass on a scramble drill, Saleh and Douglas will be looking for new jobs before long.

It’s insane to me, but the powers that be are clearly willing to die on the hill of Zach Wilson.

Sauce has to “earn the right to play football” whereas Wilson was anointed the de facto unquestioned starter from day 1 without even the pretense of an actual competition.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Hey I’ve been thinking about something.  

If Zach is good and has a 20 year career as a FQB with Super Bowl wins, should Jet Blue pick the next QB too?  That would be 1/1 for Jet Blue vs 1/50 by the Jets.  @bitonti

Not far off there!  Prior to Wilson the Jets had drafted 41 QBs in franchise history.  

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

One of my doubts about Wilson coming out of BYU was the lack of any discernible leadership traits.

I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

If he also can’t hit routine layups, but just throw the occasional “wow” pass on a scramble drill, Saleh and Douglas will be looking for new jobs before long.

It’s insane to me, but the powers that be are clearly willing to die on the hill of Zach Wilson.

Sauce has to “earn the right to play football” whereas Wilson was anointed the de facto unquestioned starter from day 1 without even the pretense of an actual competition.

I’m trying to be more positive this summer but, yes, Zach is clearly not a dude and unless he plays lights out early and often, he’s going to be isolated in that locker room.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The guy just spend weeks visiting his receivers before OTA’s to help develop chemistry between the players. That’s definitely something a leader wouldn’t do?

Even with Sanchez, the receivers flew out to him.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, maury77 said:

When I was a kid, Pizza Hut was a delicacy (to me at least). In the mid 90s, they either took a turn for the worse or my palette changed.

The pan pizza out of that hot cast iron wasn’t bad. Plus they had the breadsticks which were fire.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m trying to be more positive this summer but, yes, Zach is clearly not a dude and unless he plays lights out early and often, he’s going to be isolated in that locker room.

Looks like you’re gonna have to work a little bit harder on that positivity. 

As much as it’s clear that you simply don’t like Zach as a person, there’s zero evidence that that’s a thing inside the locker room. He does not have to play lights out early and often, he simply needs to show improvement. The players understand that they’re trying to develop a QB here. As long as it’s obvious that he’s putting in the work and improving, he’s gonna have the support of the team. The understand that his development is their best chance for success. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Typical Jets thread

Die Hard Zach defenders: Zach is amazing, Zach is god

Zach critics: see I told you.

What concerns me is this would not have been written had Zach looked sharp in OTAs. So we can conclude he was a mix bag. How bad or average is up for debate. 

Really hope Zach figures this all out. He needs to be good, not average. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

Aren’t we all from NY/NJ? Didn’t anyone have a decent local pizzeria? I was alive and well in the ‘90s, and wouldn’t’ve been caught dead in a ****ing Pizza Hut. Do you guys now sing the praises of the Olive Garden? 

Plenty of good pizza spots. Pizza Hut had a beer tap and was a lively scene on a Friday night between takeout and diners. It was more geared towards kids though with arcade games etc. But in the early to mid 90's that was a busy spot. Town was more blue collar back then too I guess.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Aren’t we all from NY/NJ? Didn’t anyone have a decent local pizzeria? I was alive and well in the ‘90s, and wouldn’t’ve been caught dead in a ****ing Pizza Hut. Do you guys now sing the praises of the Olive Garden? 

Yes I had one 2 blocks from me. My dad also made it a rule to never go to chain Italian restaurant. First time I ever went to Olive Garden I was in the south and drunk peer presured by some guys. I never felt so guilty in my life slamming down my shrimp and pasta dish 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, slats said:

One of the things I miss most about NY is the pizza.  Living in Illinois, we had two "NY style" pizzerias open around here.  Not exactly what we got in NY, but a lot closer than the typical Chicago thin crust.  Both went out of business in a year or two.  They don't know how to make crusts around here.  Take a slice of Matzo, put sauce, cheese and pepperoni on it.  Bake for 10 minutes and you have Chicago thin crust.  Its terrible.  Pizza Hut is a better option.

I have two Chicago staples near me -- Lou Malnati and Girodano's.  Both known for deep dish.  Butter in the crusst overpowers the taste of the pizza.   I will have it once in a while as a change of pace, but neither comes close to the pizza you can get at just about any local pizzeria in NY-NJ.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The pan pizza out of that hot cast iron wasn’t bad. Plus they had the breadsticks which were fire.

Don't let the "Durrr, we're NY'ers and only our Pizza rules" vibe get you twisted.

In the late 80's, Pizza Hut sit-down restaurants were, in fact, a big thing (outside of NY, at least).

Was nothing like the trash it is today.  Sit-down only, no delivery, high-quality, took forever to cook, lol, and was really really good.

For those of a certain age, sit-down family-restaurant Pizza Hut was definitely a big thing.  For a short time, at least.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Don't let the "Durrr, we're NY'ers and only our Pizza rules" vibe get you twisted.

In the late 80's, Pizza Hut sit-down restaurants were, in fact, a big thing (outside of NY, at least).

Was nothing like the trash it is today.  Sit-down only, no delivery, high-quality, took forever to cook, lol, and was really really good.

I never loved their pizza or food but the place was wildly popular back then even with competing real pizza places on the same block. Glad to see this has turned into a Pizza Hut thread.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, slats said:

The players understand that they’re trying to develop a QB here. As long as it’s obvious that he’s putting in the work and improving, he’s gonna have the support of the team.

I just don’t believe this to be true. The “hey, he’s young and developing, so I don’t care that the team is bad and my stats are In the toilet as a result” line of thought has an extremely short shelf life, especially if the backups aren’t the statistical anchor that Zach might be early on. As far as his leadership is concerned, he has acknowledged himself that “leadership”  and “being a better teammate” was something he had to work on (when pressed on the “Captain” story by Michael Kay post-draft). 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

One of the things I miss most about NY is the pizza.  Living in Illinois, we had two "NY style" pizzerias open around here.  Not exactly what we got in NY, but a lot closer than the typical Chicago thin crust.  Both went out of business in a year or two.  They don't know how to make crusts around here.  Take a slice of Matzo, put sauce, cheese and pepperoni on it.  Bake for 10 minutes and you have Chicago thin crust.  Its terrible.  Pizza Hut is a better option.

I have two Chicago staples near me -- Lou Malnati and Girodano's.  Both known for deep dish.  Butter in the crusst overpowers the taste of the pizza.   I will have it once in a while as a change of pace, but neither comes close to the pizza you can get at just about any local pizzeria in NY-NJ.

Tell me about it, I moved to Mexico! I was used to having Lucali’s (when in Brooklyn, it’s a must) within walking distance, and even decent pizza here was impossibly hard to come by. Like you said, it’s the crust. I don’t know if it’s true what they say about the water, but the tri-state area just simply has the best pizza anywhere, imho. Down here, they would get the top pretty flavorful, but the crust was always off. Either soggy or just flavorless. Luckily, the town I moved to has great restaurants, with a lot of competition, and a dude came off the boat from Italy to deliver some legitimate black crust pizza out of a brand new pizza oven he just had installed. Split one last night with the gf over a bottle of wine. So good, thank goodness. 

• Upvote 3