Merged Becton Threads

6 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

No one wants to play video games with Becton:

7302FE41-D3AD-4FD1-AE7C-952E1AA3F37D.png

That's adorable. His pro gamer career is going as successfully as his pro football career. Maybe one of these days he'll throw a hissy fit with gamer critics on Twitter and quit the gaming world in order to try his luck at being a pro athlete 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Ok So what does it mean when Saleh said prior to June 4th 2021 that Becton "Needs to improve his conditioning? How do you personally take that? 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31566730/new-york-jets-wr-jamison-crowder-not-season-workouts-team-negotiates-new-deal

This is the closest thing I've seen to an indictment on Becton's weight last summer, so thank you. It is hard to tell from the comments whether Saleh is just referring to Becton finishing his rookie season overweight, and it doesn't explicitly say that Becton is overweight, but it absolutely could be an indication of what he was seeing at the time. Ultimately, though, he said they were not worried, and it's not really the smoking gun, but I appreciate you at least finding this.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

This is the closest thing I've seen to an indictment on Becton's weight last summer, so thank you. It is hard to tell from the comments whether Saleh is just referring to Becton finishing his rookie season overweight, and it doesn't explicitly say that Becton is overweight, but it absolutely could be an indication of what he was seeing at the time. Ultimately, though, he said they were not worried, and it's not really the smoking gun, but I appreciate you at least finding this.

Always a pleasure! 

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Semi-joking question:

When you're as big as Becton (or Becton Sr.)., does the team have to install a gargantuan custom toilet?

Otherwise I imagine there might be some struggles with "accuracy" in the lavatory similar to Zach Wilson's on the football field.

I’d imagine going with the oval bowl as apposed to the round bowl and making sure to get the higher seat would do it for now. Once you get about 450 you need to likely poop in the yard and have your family hose out your crack. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Wasn't Becton coming off a foot injury (plantar facsciitis ?) after the 2020 season (and before 2021 camp)?

9 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Wasn't Becton coming off a foot injury (plantar facsciitis ?) after the 2020 season (and before 2021 camp)?

Yes, he was. I believe he sustained it during the offseason, and is why he missed OTAs. Although we haven't had a single first hand account of that causing him to gain weight. In fact, there were videos and photos of him looking slimmer around that time, so kudos to him if he was able to to keep his weight down, despite the injury.

Then the 2021 season happened, lol.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Agreed it was a moronic comparison on any basis.   Fitzgerald started 16 games as a rookie and 16 in his second year and was selected to the pro-bowl.  He never tapped out of a game in his career.  He was physically gifted, kept himself in superb shape and was a student of the game.  He is also a very smart guy with other interests. 

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Relax. Its nice that you have a massive boner for Larry. But all I was saying is player 'X' has varying interests other than football and it does not preclude him from being a success in the NFL. Becton can be into video games, not be the sharpest tool in the shed, post silly things on social media and still be committed to football and a success in the NFL. Maybe he won't be Larry, your God. But he could still end up being a HOFer because just like Larry he is is athletically gifted. A physical freak of an o-lineman.   

Curtis Martin hated football, nor was he particularly gifted when compared to other highly successful NFL RB's.  So....there's that I suppose?

@Savage69

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Curtis Martin hated football, nor was he particularly gifted when compared to other highly successful NFL RB's.  So....there's that I suppose?

@Savage69

He was a very hard working professional football player.  Great physical shape, always mentally ready and never tapped out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yes, he was. I believe he sustained it during the offseason, and is why he missed OTAs. Although we haven't had a single first hand account of that causing him to gain weight. In fact, there were videos and photos of him looking slimmer around that time, so kudos to him if he was able to to keep his weight down, despite the injury.

Then the 2021 season happened, lol.

That's what I thought. However, while he may not have ballooned up, it would have obviously effected his overall conditioning going into 2021 camp.

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

That's what I thought. However, while he may not have ballooned up, it would have obviously effected his overall conditioning going into 2021 camp.

Sure, any time you can't work out at your normal pace you're going to loose some conditioning.

• Upvote 2

3. Here comes Mekhi: Minicamp runs Tuesday and Wednesday. Unlike OTA practices, minicamp is mandatory. Saleh expects every player to attend, including tackle Mekhi Becton, who didn't participate in the nine weeks of voluntary work. The Monday pre-camp physical will be the organization's first in-person look at him since the end of the season. He's not expected to practice.

lol

3. Here comes Mekhi: Minicamp runs Tuesday and Wednesday. Unlike OTA practices, minicamp is mandatory. Saleh expects every player to attend, including tackle Mekhi Becton, who didn't participate in the nine weeks of voluntary work. The Monday pre-camp physical will be the organization's first in-person look at him since the end of the season. He's not expected to practice.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/89728/fewer-voices-in-zach-wilsons-ear-should-be-good-thing-for-new-york-jets

I thought he was training with the best oline coach in the world? I guess not.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

VERY disappointing. 

I wonder if this was planned by Jets to take the pressure off him for the 1st couple of days. Media/“Fan”  board scrutiny will be rampant. Let him get comfortable with his teammates again. Kick it off 2nd or 3rd session. 

10 mill in dead cap this season. Hard to release him just yet. Doubt anyone is willing to trade for him if he cant practice. But he's not going to be on the field this season.

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Longest 5-8 weeks in the history of humanity.

Seriously. Then you have the few here defending him - We're unrealistic fans because we expect him to not have a life outside of football - You know, because not being available THE FOLLOWING SEASON for a 5-8 week injury has nothing at all to do with his conditioning or work ethic. Meanwhile this guy does nothing but continue to prove that all the critics he whines about are 100% correct. It's like if a professional race car driver wanted to play video games instead of fix his car ?

And it helps nothing that he's an immature man-boob on top of all that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

10 mill in dead cap this season. Hard to release him just yet. Doubt anyone is willing to trade for him if he cant practice. But he's not going to be on the field this season.

"He's not going to be on the field this season".  Really?  Did you get a personal visit from god?  What a stupid thing to say.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1