Merged Becton Threads

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Honestly, I think the question is what is he rehabbing from?  Seems like we never got a straight answer on that. Carl Lawson is back running, and we know what happened to him. Seriously, this whole thing stinks more every day. 

It’s a good point.  I hope he comes back better than ever as I am pulling for him 100% but there still is the doubt you brought up. I remembering Saleh saying some negative comments about Becton at the end of the season. 

The whole Becton issue since injury and through recovery was like watching a slow train wreck. The comments on social media him changing his name to big bust etc. I  can see how people are split on what to make of this whole Becton situation, as am I. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

It’s a good point.  I hope he comes back better than ever as I am pulling for him 100% but there still is the doubt you brought up. I remembering Saleh saying some negative comments about Becton at the end of the season. 

The whole Becton issue since injury and through recovery was like watching a slow train wreck. The comments on social media him changing his name to big bust etc. I  can see how people are split on what to make of this whole Becton situation, as am I. 

I'm in the same boat on this. Frankly, I honestly can't believe that any fans would want anything but this. It's just a very whacked out situation. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Honestly, I think the question is what is he rehabbing from?  Seems like we never got a straight answer on that. Carl Lawson is back running, and we know what happened to him. Seriously, this whole thing stinks more every day. 

Gastric bypass.  

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Google says...

Role Play. RP is also used as to mean "Role Play," as in the abbreviation RPG (Role-Playing Game). "Role Play" is widely used outside of gaming, especially in educational settings and the theatre. In this context, participants change their behaviour (and sometimes appearance) to assume a role.

Well that's certainly the watered down version... 

Sounds like Bacon may be into a little Brony life. 

54597262c4db87c8accb8b9e4650d6c2.jpg.cb0e3904ae97995e8ec9f31975647e10.jpg

• Haha 2

This goes back to his rookie year. When he was literally taking himself out of games. Who does that? Football just isn’t that important to Becton. He’s an underachiever and not someone you want on your football team.

Douglas needs to admit his enormous mistake of taking Becton (especially over the very obvious choice in Tristan Wirfs) and try to trade this turd for whatever he can get.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Totally misleading thread. @Matt39 should be banned from starting threads about Becton. His gimmick is getting old and he's just constantly wrong. 

On the contrary, my friend. Listen to what the man says, and learn something.

@Matt39’s thoughts on Becton going back to last season may have seemed like a bit of a stretch at first, but as time has gone on he seems to be the one was the smartest guy in the room. Every thing he said/predicted about the guy has transpired, starting with his TC performance, then that we wouldn’t see him again in ‘21 after his 4-6 week injury, to his comments about his private workouts.

Becton hasn’t done one thing since the end of his middling rookie season (18 months ago and counting) to make any level headed fan think he was worth the investment the Jets made in him.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

You just wish the team had either been non-committal or told us the truth about the injury.  Now, they have made Becton look like a fool or slacker.

An excerpt from Joe Douglas' contract should bring light to this concern:

"Joe Douglas would be allowed a one year hibernation period 

Screenshot_20220612-122824_Chrome.thumb.jpg.91dc0f8c116529502f5beaed68fe888a.jpg

while utilizing Adam Gase as an escape goat for his rookie season blunders."  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Google says...

Role Play. RP is also used as to mean "Role Play," as in the abbreviation RPG (Role-Playing Game). "Role Play" is widely used outside of gaming, especially in educational settings and the theatre. In this context, participants change their behaviour (and sometimes appearance) to assume a role.

^^

Nerd who doesn't rip poon

4 hours ago, Supersonic said:

"He's not going to be on the field this season".  Really?  Did you get a personal visit from god?  What a stupid thing to say.

Are predictions allowed here? Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Mini camp light practices seem like a perfect time to ease a player back in. He's presumably got to do something at some point. Either with the Jets or another team. Or he just falls out of the league entirely, which wouldnt surprise me at all.

I predict that lazy f*** retires.  

image.thumb.png.c0f1f77240e5437f34f3965109beae46.png

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok I had a kid and had 10 days and needed to be back at work. This guy has issues 

Adam Gase left his wife during the delivery. Any word on if he’s gained some weight during his exile?

5 hours ago, Alka said:

I respectfully completely disagree with your assessment.  Mecki is a huge investment, and a #1 priority for this team to start at either tackle positions on opening day.  No one has seen the guy on a football field in 9 months, and coming off of a major knee injury.  If I were the braintrust of the Jets, I would be extremely careful, (not careless) with my investment.  I would assess where he is physically, and assess his health and abilities before I throw him out there full throttle.  

I call that being smart.  Being stupid would be to think he will just show up after 9 months and everything that the dude went through will be forgotten.  

Saying that he probably won't practice is a safe bet.  A safe bet because I give the Jets more credit than the average Jets fan who reads that headline and says "same old Mecki".  

I have been one of his biggest critics since his injury went on for what it seems like forever.  But to me, it is a no-brainer to be overly cautious with him at this early juncture.

Becton won't practice. Lawson won't practice. Fant won't practice. Saleh has already said he's pointing toward training camp.