Jets activate stealth black helmet

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Everyone here isn’t in agreement with any of the uniforms.  Some hate, while some love each of the uniforms.  Those who feel strongest about their favorites claim everyone likes their choice.  
It’s why these threads get so many replies 

The more uniforms, the merrier IMO

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I am sure that the Jets/NFL marketing Dept. did some due diligence into what "the fans", i.e. the gear-buying public, wanted from a Jets Uniform/Helmet.

Probably a similar effort to the due diligence the team did looking into Adam Gase before they hired him as HC 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

that was a deep and wide search find a new slant

The fact that the Bengals white helmet is so damn fire makes this sting more 

And I wonder if that's the game both teams use alts 

Jets are the kings of the missed opportunity 

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Cincinnati Zebras

or

season 5 episode 10 GIF

Theirs are worse but I guess they didn’t have a lot of options

The Jets are almost constantly bashed for their past. While fans who watched the teams in the 80s and 90s may feel nostalgic for those uniforms, I cannot fault the team for looking more toward the future than the past. While it might have made some fans feel warm and fuzzy inside, I think this was a more prudent decision.

1 minute ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

The Jets are almost constantly bashed for their past. While fans who watched the teams in the 80s and 90s may feel nostalgic for those uniforms, I cannot fault the team for looking more toward the future than the past. While it might have made some fans feel warm and fuzzy inside, I think this was a more prudent decision.

Makes sense. Good post

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Probably a similar effort to the due diligence the team did looking into Adam Gase before they hired him as HC 

Honest question Bit, why do you bother anymore?  It's clear you are done with the team, have zero positive feelings about the team/organization, so with that level of loathing, why do you bother anymore?  Alot of better ways you could spend your time if you really are this unhappy with the Jets in every way.  I mean even I still have hope, can still root, can still see some good in some things.  I can't recall the last anything you liked that the team did.  I just wonder, honestly, no malice in this question I swear to you, why you still bother at this point.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

You mean the 60's when the Jets won the Super Bowl and legitimized the AFC and had a HOF QB who's flair is still palpable ? Lets move on to a new era of being crappy and have the horrid new uniforms to match

If you're going to quote me, how about posting the entire quote.  I said except for that one year...

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

image.png.e82bc4c8cda0dc85ece4cd7d82d2dfc6.png

Whoah, that IS pretty nice.

If their Uniforms match, that could be a pretty great Uni.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Honest question Bit, why do you bother anymore?  It's clear you are done with the team, have zero positive feelings about the team/organization, so with that level of loathing, why do you bother anymore?  Alot of better ways you could spend your time if you really are this unhappy with the Jets in every way.  I mean even I still have hope, can still root, can still see some good in some things.  I can't recall the last anything you liked that the team did.  I just wonder, honestly, no malice in this question I swear to you, why you still bother at this point.

Short answer, I don't know 

It all started as performance art as a reaction to my extreme homerism. People don't remember but from 2015 back to my childhood I was about as positive as a fan could be 

Like maybe I was the jinx. sh*t maybe I still am. Rooting against them felt like a different tactic 

But I don't actually root against them. I see them without green glasses. They are a sh*tty team. I did not make it up. 

The uniforms are terrible and the metlife stadium is uninspired. Again, I my rooting for ordering against had no impact 

Part of me wants to prove that what we do in terms of rooting for or against them has no effect either way. 

I liked the Ruckert pick fwiw even with his redshirt season on the way 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Yes we need sucky azz uniforms to match our sucky azz play.  There is rhyme to the reason. It just goes over most people’s heads. It doesn’t get any worse than this.

FC43EAED-251C-42EC-B03E-9148DE5AA629.jpeg

• Haha 1

During New Uniform talk a couple of years ago certain posters:

"The Jets can't use military motifs or Jets because the Military is scary and foreign people will be frightened! The Jets were inspired by Commercial aviation!"

Jets release new "Stealth" Black helmet inspired by this friendly little puddle jumper:

1398590881_0x0(1).jpg.86fc3086c8995aff5ba042fc9790e16f.jpg

Lose the "Gotham Green" and the little color pips and bubble logo. Bring in the subdued gray, chrome, and dark green, and a sick F-22 Inspired jet logo. 

Do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

During New Uniform talk a couple of years ago certain posters:

"The Jets can't use military motifs or Jets because the Military is scary and foreign people will be frightened! The Jets were inspired by Commercial aviation!"

Jets release new "Stealth" Black helmet inspired by this friendly little puddle jumper:

1398590881_0x0(1).jpg.86fc3086c8995aff5ba042fc9790e16f.jpg

Lose the "Gotham Green" and the little color pips and bubble logo. Bring in the subdued gray, chrome, and dark green, and a sick F-22 Inspired jet logo. 

Do it.

I was just about to post the same thing.  Embrace the military side of our name.  

I'd love to go A-10 Thunderbolt and get a shark faced helmet logo. 

image.thumb.png.ceb153a8b4d2b979c189ccd162571702.png

Air Force did a versionimage.thumb.jpeg.2241d92082db189eef0e0d074d15b7b9.jpeg

• Sympathy 1