Jets activate stealth black helmet

1 hour ago, slats said:

I’m sure it’s something super creative like black. 

Black? How innovative.

Suspect the marketing people have Woody page through this and tell him his ideas are GREAT. BLACK! WHO WOULD EVER THINK OF THAT GOOD ONE BOSS!

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=under+armour+high+school+football+uniforms&qpvt=under+armour+high+school+football+uniforms&form=IGRE&first=1&tsc=ImageHoverTitle

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Feels like they're headed towards a straight clean green and white uniform after they can change but they don’t want to ditch the black entirely, so they’ll mix in one where they flip the green for black or maybe do a green on black and they’re introducing the black helmets now so the black alternate helmet isn’t so abrupt.

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Could be better but I love the all blacks so I like it although I was really hoping for some throwbacks. 

It’s not horrible I guess but everyone wanted a throwback so it makes it worse than it is. Also the teams who introduced alternate helmets (Texans and Panthers) have had one helmet in their history so it makes more sense. Doesn’t fit the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

54 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Looking more and more like the Ravens every day.

Seems like Woody has wanted the Jets to be more like the Ravens as an organization for a while now, but maybe that’s just me projecting my own feelings.

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s not horrible I guess but everyone wanted a throwback so it makes it worse than it is. Also the teams who introduced alternate helmets (Texans and Panthers) have had one helmet in their history so it makes more sense. Doesn’t fit the Jets.

Yeah I was hoping for more variety. Seemed like the perfect chance to throw in the white helmets. 

• Upvote 1

Black is back in style. Grey was the new black for a bit. So it makes sense. I honestly hate the 80/90s uniforms so I’m happy we don’t have to deal with that.

I’m hoping the NFL does the soccer model to an extent and adds a different helmet/ uniform for a few games every year. Honestly, whole uniform changes every 3 year would be good too.

It's just so silly that we all have to pretend that the "new" uniforms don't looks ridiculous. What is with the stupid swoosh marks ok the shoulders. I'm sorry its just stupid. My company decided to half ass website on the redesign and ended up with much the same thing. A terrible product that looks like it was half assed, just like the uniforms. I like that we have black uniforms but woody don't try to get me excited about dressing up. The team might finally start being good this season, it would be nice if you guys could just get a professional NFL uniform .

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

lmao

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

I'm sorry, haters gonna hate but these are frickin' AWESOME! 

And I DO love throwbacks as much as the next old timer, but you can never go wrong with black on black. A big reason why I have always loved the all black Ravens uniforms.   

2 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Forget going back to 60's

You mean the 60's when the Jets won the Super Bowl and legitimized the AFC and had a HOF QB who's flair is still palpable ? Lets move on to a new era of being crappy and have the horrid new uniforms to match

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

He's posted up tweets of Jets gear for some time now. Whether it's the jersey of the week they're wearing, or new gear coming out.

What, like twice for existing merch?  This isn’t even about sales, it’s a simple announcement for a tweak to the usual black uniform for two or so games.  Who cares it’s no big deal.  Would I rather they just go with the 80s logo?  Yes.  So what

I don’t necessarily care on peoples uniform takes, it’s all 100% personal preference.  That said, people cracking on the “stealth black” i do disagree on.  Not necessarily on the aesthetics of it, but stealth black or jet black is actually the only thing I can think of since I became a fan in the as a kid in the early 90s that has a remote connotation with the Nickname of the franchise.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What, like twice for existing merch?  This isn’t even about sales, it’s a simple announcement for a tweak to the usual black uniform for two or so games.  Who cares it’s no big deal.  Would I rather they just go with the 80s logo?  Yes.  So what

I didn't mention sales. I didn't say it was a big deal. I didn't complain about the helmet. I simply commented about him tweeting about uniform stuff as almost every time I see a tweet from him, on here, it's about uniform stuff. Which is fine as I rather that was the extent of his involvement. Keep him occupied, and feeling a part of things by making him a cheerleader where he can do little harm.

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t necessarily care on peoples uniform takes, it’s all 100% personal preference.  That said, people cracking on the “stealth black” i do disagree on.  Not necessarily on the aesthetics of it, but stealth black or jet black is actually the only thing I can think of since I became a fan in the as a kid in the early 90s that has a remote connotation with the Nickname of the franchise.  

Yeah I do agree with this side of things. Would love an actual jet in the team’s logo/helmet sticker instead of just the word, too. It’s what I like about the 80’s/90’s logo.

Doesn’t have to be that exactly but more than the stripes on the jersey that look like someone tried to do wings but did them backwards would be nice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You have to start this process a long time in advance.  Jet fans made it known what they want but there wasnt enough time.  Next year, we will have the 80s/90s throwbacks.  But now your quota of being miserable about the jets today has been filled so congrats.

lol.... its not me being miserable it is just my observation of a poor decision to make an alternate helmet that the league only approved last season I believe. 

not a big deal and rule 14

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Y'all bitch about everything....every....damn....thing

Vince Vaughn Movie GIF by filmeditor

Not your polls or roster updates though.  You're one of the best things this godforsaken franchise has to offer.  A national treasure that needs to be protected at all costs.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

You mean the 60's when the Jets won the Super Bowl and legitimized the AFC and had a HOF QB who's flair is still palpable ?

That was over 50 years ago.

Gasoline was $0.36/gallon. 

A brand new Dodge Charger RT costs under $4,000. 

A brand new Ranch-style home on 1.5 acres costs $27,000.

Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, John Lennon and Elvis were all still alive.

Styles and tastes and things change over 50 years.  

I'm not much of a fan of this new all-black look, but expecting uniforms style tastes to stay exactly the same after 50 years is a pipe dream.

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Based on twitter response our players seem to love them too.

This is all that matters, really.

Becton says black on black, but I’m seeing green on black. Gloss black retro logo on matte black helmet would have been better.

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

100%

Jet = black.

Hess truck = green and white.