Around the league - training camp

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Bonkers.

Is it?  The rook is a project, and Trubs would have trounced Haskins (RIP) in any strait up competition.

We may see the rook late in the year if Trubs is poop, but I'm kinda doubting that.  2023 maybe.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm thinking Miami might make a move if he's healthy and SF is willing to pick up a big chunk of his salary.   

I think NFL Fans are far more on the fence about Tua than the Dolphins are. 

I don't see Jimmy G to Maimi myself, but who knows.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

sure hard to tell

Why, because I don't jump up and down and pretend the kids going to suck? Look,  he's the QB the front office should have targeted, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not, we are all going see very soon and one of us is going to be wrong. 

• Thumb Down 3

55 minutes ago, peebag said:

I saw an article on CBSSports.com that suggested that he could be an out right cut.

The whole league knows he’ll be a cut. At this point, the 49ers hope for a late pick. The team offering has to be desperate to guarantee they get him + willing to pay that salary.

• Upvote 2

If he wants a trade because he's not starting, he's not going to want to go to a team that has a young starter.

It's so late though, I don't know who needs a starter.   If he wanted a trade, before the draft was the time to try to get it done.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Why, because I don't jump up and down and pretend the kids going to suck? Look,  he's the QB the front office should have targeted, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not, we are all going see very soon and one of us is going to be wrong. 

And praise Belichick?

• Haha 2

Greg Van Rotten Update: 

"It’s been a bit of a rough go for veteran backup Greg Van Roten. Primarily an interior offensive lineman, Van Roten has had his hands full so far trying to block defensive tackles Oliver, Jordan Phillips and Tim Settle. On Tuesday, Settle worked through Van Roten for an easy win, and then Wednesday, Van Roten took one step forward with his head down against defensive tackle Brandin Bryant. Bryant saw the false step, chopped Van Roten’s hand away and got into the backfield for an instant victory. Of the reserve offensive linemen with a legitimate chance to make the roster, Van Roten has some ground to make up when the pads go on beginning Saturday."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, peebag said:

I saw an article on CBSSports.com that suggested that he could be an out right cut.

Nah, they can handle it like Chiefs did. Find out team not named Seattle he wants to go to and wants him and just take some late round pick in like 2024

42 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Look, every Jets fan that's honest with themselves secretly wishes to the football Gods he never picked up that napkin.  He's easy to hate on the other sideline. 

That the Pats are on the down turn and better look behind them?  I don’t need a history lesson.  

No one’s hating but someone sure is overcompensating 

100% a Pats, just admit it and post away as,what you are

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That the Pats are on the down turn and better look behind them?  I don’t need a history lesson.  

Sorry,  I just happen to think Jones is going to be a stud. I really don't care if you believe I'm a Jets fan or not.

• Thumb Down 4

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m not a Pats fan. I have thought all along that Mac Jones would be good. This all seems like a futile argument.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m not a Pats fan. I have thought all along that Mac Jones would be good. This all seems like a futile argument.

It sucks, but I just don't see the benefit of denying it and looking like a fool later.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Dreams said:

It sucks, but I just don't see the benefit of denying it and looking like a fool later.

Well, I’m simply not going to change my tube just because the Pats drafted him. I wanted to trade back and select him.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Well, I’m simply not going to change my tube just because the Pats drafted him. I wanted to trade back and select him.

It was unfortunate to say the least, but I honestly don't know what's going to be worse, listening to fellow Jets fans deny it and make excuses for the next ten years or having to listen to  Pat's fans rub it in our faces.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You guys are forgetting that what you saw last year was the real Mac Jones. This year, you'll see the Mac Jones after an entire Belichick offseason full of HGH, steroids, and illegally taped film study. 

Brady was also a "limited" QB in the beginning of his career, and after 20 years with Belichick, he's now stronger and faster than he's ever been at the age of 44. 

True but lets not act like our own Zach Wilson put on 20 lbs of muscle in 2 months cause he was eating his spinanch all offseason.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You guys are forgetting that what you saw last year was the real Mac Jones. This year, you'll see the Mac Jones after an entire Belichick offseason full of HGH, steroids, and illegally taped film study. 

Brady was also a "limited" QB in the beginning of his career, and after 20 years with Belichick, he's now stronger and faster than he's ever been at the age of 44. 

True that. But also, Brady had a better team and coaches around him. Matt Patricia OC? There is a possibility NE finishes last in the division. 

• Upvote 1