Jamal Adams

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Geno takes a lot of crap around here, deservedly so.  But he's going to end up having a decent NFL career as a 2nd round pick, and MUCH better than many 1st Round QBs taken.  He's earned a starting job with a second team about a decade after he came into the League.  Good for him.  He's kept working and pushing.

I hope he has a good advisor and has saved a bunch of money.

He could literally play a few more years and have $5 to $10 mil in the bank.

Good for him.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Geno did win a competition against Lock who the media thoight was a lock. Give the guy some credit to work his way back to starting. He's not likely to be a Top 10 guy but QBs rarely win the starter spot so much later than their last shot

So with Geno's luck

T -8 days until Jamal punched him in the mouth and breaks his jaw? All over $1000 (inflation) 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Geno takes a lot of crap around here, deservedly so.  But he's going to end up having a decent NFL career as a 2nd round pick, and MUCH better than many 1st Round QBs taken.  He's earned a starting job with a second team about a decade after he came into the League.  Good for him.  He's kept working and pushing.

3 certainties in life: death, taxes, and Geno Smith screwing up every opportunity he gets.

FYI possible NFL punishment for the December incident still pending.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I hope he has a good advisor and has saved a bunch of money.

He could literally play a few more years and have $5 to $10 mil in the bank.

Good for him.

He saved a bit of money by not paying back IK Enemkpali if I recall correctly.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PorP said:

So with Geno's luck

T -8 days until Jamal punched him in the mouth and breaks his jaw? All over $1000 (inflation) 

You know, I still resent Geno for what he did back then.  The guy had millions in the bank, and refused to pay back $750.00 that he owed to another player.  And the other player that he owed the money to, was a bubble player that didn't have all the money that Geno Smith had.

While he should not have gotten punched in the face, it still is an indication to what kine of person Geno Smith is.  I always pay my debts, and despise people that run away from their obligations, especially when the guy had the money to pay back.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Honestly, this is more damning for Locke than anything else. Geno is absolutely  without a doubt the worst QB I have seen in my lifetime to ever start for the Jets and I saw Browning Nagel. 

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly, this is more damning for Locke than anything else. Geno is absolutely  without a doubt the worst QB I have seen in my lifetime to ever start for the Jets and I saw Browning Nagel. 

Brooks Bollinger says 'Hi'

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

True story.  Geno has had the most successful and longest career of a QB drafted by the Jets in 20 years.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How weird is it that Geno survived all the QBs we've had since he left?  And that he won a starting job in the NFL again?   I see many losses in the Seahawks' future.   Good.   Eat it, Pete.

And he’s not even a “nice kid.”

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Geno was worse. Did Brooks ever throw three picks and have one run back for a TD on his only 3 passes in a game before getting benched. 

Perhaps not, but technically neither did Geno.

He was pretty terrible here but, if you’re willing to isolate one individual performance as indicative of something greater, he did also have a game with a perfect QB rating, too. Mostly because QB rating doesn’t penalize a guy for losing a fumble lol, but still. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I think he meant of the QBs going into a season as the starter but boy have we started a buncha bums at QB.

I know.   I just couldn't resist the urge to bring up some of the trash that has played the position for us.  I spent good money to travel to games to see Falk start in Philly and Petty start in New Orleans.  Had to mention them.

Neil O'Donnell deserves a mention.  At least the other three guys were rookies supposedly learning the game.  O'Donnell was a vet in his prime and he was awful.

I just hope we are not talking about Zach in this same discussion in 2 or 3 years after moving on to the next "savior."

• Upvote 2

You know, I still resent Geno for what he did back then.  The guy had millions in the bank, and refused to pay back $750.00 that he owed to another player.  And the other player that he owed the money to, was a bubble player that didn't have all the money that Geno Smith had.
While he should not have gotten punched in the face, it still is an indication to what kine of person Geno Smith is.  I always pay my debts, and despise people that run away from their obligations, especially when the guy had the money to pay back.

eh i dont claim to judge his character nor should anyone else here but that was awhile ago and people can mature with life experience.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Perhaps not, but technically neither did Geno.

He was pretty terrible here but, if you’re willing to isolate one individual performance as indicative of something greater, he did also have a game with a perfect QB rating, too. Mostly because QB rating doesn’t penalize a guy for losing a fumble lol, but still. 

Yeah, I recall the one game against Miami when that happened. Other QB's I'm guessing have had perfect games as well, I don't  thinknanyone ever did what I described. I mean every pass was picked off. I was at the game. I think it was the first game Vick ever played for us. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah, I recall the one game against Miami when that happened. Other QB's I'm guessing have had perfect games as well, I don't  thinknanyone ever did what I described. I mean every pass was picked off. I was at the game. I think it was the first game Vick ever played for us. 

Except despite your memory, it actually didn’t happen.