Flacco starting against Ravens; Wilson out until week 4: MERGED

Rhg1084

49 minutes ago, Alka said:

Or perhaps it's just gamesmanship by Saleh.  By not naming the QB, it forces the Ravens to game plan for Zach Wilson.  Now, the Ravens will have to change their plan for defense against Flacco.  Not a bad idea at all.

Then why not keep this big game up next week and say zach is questionable next week? 

Either way,  both are pocket passers. I doubt the ravens are scrambling to come up with a new game plan now. 

It’s actually hilarious. I learned how to properly be a fan of this team and it’s great. Nothing bothers me and I justifiably laugh at everything. This board makes it great. 

You nailed it! It’s a fascinating trajectory that sports fandom has taken with the popularity of forums and social media. There is no middle ground any longer and every news cycle brings only one extreme or the other, and it’s pretty subjective on which side you land. I am very content sitting back and seeing how things play out. I may not love some of the decisions, but I am certain the people making them are much more qualified than me, even if they ultimately prove to be wrong. I do see the entertainment aspect of this wonderful forum though, and encourage even casual fans to join for it’s unique perspective and passionate discourse.
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I personally dont feel the level of QB play needs to be as high as most of this board probably does. We are about to play a QB who wins a lot and can barely throw a forward pass. Jimmy G wins, Mithell T is about to beat us too. Thats why you keep picking until you find a guy who can move an offense on a consistent basis. Doesnt need to be flashy. Darnold and Zach have yet to prove they can even accomplish this.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Robert Mays had Aaron Schatz (founder of Football Outsiders) on to preview the AFC East. Schatz’s analytics predict the Jets might have a top ten defense this season, but it wouldn’t impact the record because the QB play projects to be so bad. Extremely down on Zach from analytics standpoint, which has been a recurring theme this offseason from FO and the PFF set. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Robert Mays had Aaron Schatz (founder of Football Outsiders) on to preview the AFC East. Schatz’s analytics predict the Jets might have a top ten defense this season, but it wouldn’t impact the record because the QB play projects to be so bad. Extremely down on Zach from analytics standpoint, which has been a recurring theme this offseason from FO and the PFF set. 

Is there any other objective conclusion?

Hope is fine. Hope can even be good. But hope is not evidence.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

You don't win 2 Super Bowls apiece by not showing up . Are you suggesting the Manning brothers' career success were entirely because of their dad pulling strings? 

No of course not. Just addressing the folks here who think's it's impossible that Wilson could have some leverage as his family is a major sponsor for the franchise.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Just telling my wife today how much this place brings me so much enjoyment.  The team sucks.  It always does.  But as long as I occasionally get in a funny line or interesting quip, my day is made.  

Love (almost) all you guys.  Thanks for keeping me entertained and sane.

I can understand how we keep you entertained, but I don’t understand how we help keep you sane.  lol.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So, if Saleh survives this season, his first task in the offseason needs to be firing Ulbrich and bringing in a few coaches that actually held HC gigs at some point in his career, because surrounding himself with his inexperienced besties is killing him. He looks like an absolute fool right now, and he needs someone on hand to teach him how to not embarrass himself with this kind of sh*t. Either he’s getting played by Douglas, et al., or he’s just ab outright dimwit who likes to sabotage himself. Man needs someone with experience to shove a sock in his mouth and show him how things are done. The job is simply way too big for him.

pulp fiction gimp GIF

• Haha 1

So, turns out, I was wrong.

However, it's clear that Zach is PHYSICALLY READY (which is what he told my brother in law) but, he's not MENTALLY PREPARED due to missing so much time.  So they're holding him out and holding him off to get a good, solid, unbiased viewpoint of his 2022 body of work to ensure they know what they have in Zach.  They're waiting until he's 150% ready.  Makes sense.

But: I was wrong.  

1 minute ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

However, it's clear that Zach is PHYSICALLY READY (which is what he told my brother in law) but, he's not MENTALLY PREPARED due to missing so much time.  So they're holding him out and holding him off to get a good, solid, unbiased viewpoint of his 2022 body of work to ensure they know what they have in Zach.  They're waiting until he's 150% ready.  Makes sense.

I have this new beautiful bridge in Brooklyn I’m selling if you’re interested 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Jets summed up…….

9BD18DD4-D0B8-4276-80E4-7E2FBD0C93D2.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

not MENTALLY PREPARED

These are the best times to be a fan of this team, bar none. Nothing makes you feel more alive than watching this organization beclown themselves.

Decided long ago to just embrace the absurdist humor of the spectacle and it's been freaking awesome to observe this team since that moment.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Thanks guys.
I thought it was just me. I’d stopped getting upset with the losses years ago, but I thought there was something wrong when with me I started laughing at this team and the guys who believe it’s on the right track with clowns like Douglas, Saleh and Wilson.

Today’s sh*t show was like the final nail in the coffin. After watching Saleh handling the the Becton and Wilson debacles during training camp this year, it’s obvious how clueless he is,  and the fact that the ghost of Flacco might be the best QB this team has had since Fitzpatrick (think about how sad that is) tells me all I need to know about Douglas.

I can’t even get excited about the start of a season with this freaking team. At least I could’ve gotten a few laughs watching guys here try to convince themselves Wilson was their FQB.

Momma's-basement-dwelling, Axe-body-spray-wearing, Dorito-finger-stained, fake fan TROLL.

• Haha 3

curious if they update that now that Flacco is playing 4 games. do they think more wins or less.

1 hour ago, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Is your brother Connor Hughes? cause he got played