This board’s ridiculous

Phillyjet

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Zach hasn't put together a complete game in his career I'm sorry I'm sick of hearing how he had one good quarter against the Steelers...this isn't a reactionary opinion even tho some are memory holing their ridiculous fanboy behavior. 

He has 1-2 good drives or 1 good quarter each game, it seems.  Dogsh*t the rest of the time.

Yet when this was pointed out the last 4 weeks, we had "4-0!!!!!!" screamed at our faces.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There were several tweets showing wide open receivers today that Zach failed to find.   

If the receiver isn't straight in front of him he doesn't see him.  

We played this same game with Darnold,  it was everybody and their mothers fault but Darnold's

It's comical and predictable AF

• Upvote 4

Sky is always falling every time we lose.  Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough.  We saw good and bad Zach today.  He’ll face adversity now.  We’ll see how he responds.
But this idea of reflexively changing qbs or that he is a bust, I don’t really get.  We have another 8 games to go.  His evaluation will occur at season’s end.  Face it, we are sinking and swimming with him this year.  We’ll see how he responds.

I still rather have his upside than any of the qbs in his class.  Mac’s ceiling is pretty obvious.  If Zach can figure it out, his talent is pretty special.  Those who hate him fail to see the dimes he also threw today.  If he doesn’t figure it out we’ll bring in a vet next year to compete with him. 
Saw this one coming, and so I am not gonna go to the gutter.  We were due for a humbling and adversity. Now we’ll see in the second half how we respond.  I expect a much better game from Zach next week.  We’ll see how they do against the Bills.
Onward; trade deadline next. We’re 5-3.  Get over it.

Dude? He will not make his living in the NFL. Does not belong here. He’s absolutely terrible and is what one scout called a “guaranteed bust.” He’s busted. It’s over. Jets need to admit it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

I still rather have his upside than any of the qbs in his class.  Mac’s ceiling is pretty obvious.  If Zach can figure it out, his talent is pretty special.  Those who hate him fail to see the dimes he also threw today.  If he doesn’t figure it out we’ll bring in a vet next year to compete with him. 

Hi Joe Douglas. Nice try. 

• Haha 4

I just put in an application for Zach at my local Parks Dept.   Gotta believe he will be a whizz at stocking bird feeders.

I am just watching "highlights" of our game on NFL Network.  Two of those Zach picks would have gotten you a bloody nose on my bar league team.  Literally, instead of throwing the ball away or stepping out of bounds, he throws it twice right to McCourty.  WTF is the decision making process in that situation?  Maybe thinking of a Maui sunset?  MILF loins?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I just put in an application for Zach at my local Parks Dept.   Gotta believe he will be a whizz at stocking bird feeders.

I am just watching "highlights" of our game on NFL Network.  Two of those Zach picks would have gotten you a bloody nose on my bar league team.  Literally, instead of throwing the ball away of stepping out of bounds, he throws it twice right to McCourty.  WTF is the decision making process in that situation?  Maybe thinking of a Maui sunset?  MILF loins?

Four seasons wailea might just be my favorite place on this planet

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Sky is always falling every time we lose.  Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough.  We saw good and bad Zach today.  He’ll face adversity now.  We’ll see how he responds.

But this idea of reflexively changing qbs or that he is a bust, I don’t really get.  We have another 8 games to go.  His evaluation will occur at season’s end.  Face it, we are sinking and swimming with him this year.  We’ll see how he responds.

Saw this one coming, and so I am not gonna go to the gutter.  We were due for a humbling and adversity. Now we’ll see in the second half how we respond.  I expect a much better game from Zach next week.  We’ll see how they do against the Bills.

Onward; trade deadline next. We’re 5-3.  Get over it.

Zach, when he steps into a throw looks great.  

If he had a prevent defense and 5 seconds to throw, maybe he will step into a throw.  

He is not improving on the easy fixes, and by easy, I mean easy for professional athletes.  He has shown improvement in short passes then will wildly miss throws to the flat.  High, low, to soft to hard.  These are the throws that are part of this offense, and he struggles to make them.

He had several passes today on 1st and 10 play action that he had significant time to set and throw and the throws were God awful.

Yes, he can throw some nice passes, and no one is questioning the arm talent.

It's the inaccuracy and complete and total lack of pocket presence.

I honestly believe he is a cerebal player, but he plays scared.

This team needs average qb play and he can't even provide that.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Honestly, not trying to sound like too much of a d!ck here, but I don't give a rat's a*s if you and all the other Zach supporter "expect" him to play better next week.

If you expect anything other than what you have seen from him so far, you're the ridiculous one.  He is a poor QB who does not know how to handle the game.  His ints are not as eye-opening as the rest of his game.

You see me as a Zach supporter, but I am rather agnostic on him.  Think many of you guys have been so beaten down by our history that you can’t see the silver lining of a year in which we are 5-3 and growing.  If Zach played well next week, you will not see me thinking he is a rock star.  He needs to be better. He needs to be consistently better over multiple games. Whether he does, we will see. But forgive me if the sky isn’t falling every time we lose.  

• Thumb Down 1

Posts like this are just simply gaslighting at this point. We all have eyes. Is the sky falling to the point where the season will be thrown away? No. We’ve proven we can win games in spite of lackluster QB play. But how can you not have concern for the QB position going forward after what we’ve seen the last 1 1/2 seasons?... 

• Upvote 1

Zach played a quarter and a half of good football today. That is not good enough against BB. 

I think he panicked back there today at the first sign of pressure and reverted back to rookie Zach. Running around, turning his back to the defense and being indecisive. 

The folly floaters down the sideline drive me insane, running backwards, constantly throwing off his back foot, basically looking like he is afraid of contact is very concerning. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Zach has been bad for 1.5 seasons straight. It’s not just 1 game 

That just not true. Its not that simple.

Hes had some hellava fq moments and wins

If your down on zach thats legit. So am i.  But evaluating is an important aspect of where we are going from here

Maximum? For me its the entire season. If he gets yanked and someone does better then great but the truth is judgement becomes valid after xmas. Imo

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I am quite content with ownership and JD. I am generally content with the coaching staff. I am content with the roster with the exception of QB. He aint it. He is too inconsistent, and he can't stay healthy. He takes one step forward and three steps back.

Over It Drinking GIF by Leroy Patterson

• Haha 1