Trade Deadline (Merged)

hawk

I love Roquan, but the Bears got the better deal.  A 2nd and a 5th for a half year rental before he becomes a free agent.  He is of no value to the Bears this year, and they probably would not pay after his contract is over to keep him.  They are at least a couple of years away from being competitive.  He's going to want record-setting ILB money, and it's not a premium NFL position.  He's not Ray Lewis.

Also, Roquan, while a very good player, is no longer elite in my view.  He bulked up for the NFL, and lost the out-of-this-world-sideline-to-sideline burst that made him so coveted in the draft.

• Upvote 1

Does JD strike to help the here & now playoff push?

Tradable assets:  Bryce Hall, Elijah Moore, Denzel Mims, Joe Flacco, Jacob Martin, draft pick(s).

It’s becoming clear the Jets are likely a year away from making noise in the playoffs (key injuries & the ‘QB situation’) so I personally don’t see anywhere near a mortgage the future trade.

However, making the playoffs would be yuge for the rebuild and the fan base.

Potential target positions

1. OT (dependent on Fant, Mitchell health)

2. WR (someone who’s a better fit than Moore and/or Mims)

3. IOL (center or guard help down the stretch & for next year)

4. DT (they brought Joseph in for a look; do they improve the rotation & get another anchor for run D)

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Just now, batman10023 said:

have you seen his interviews?  he's mentally out of it.

i wish some of the experts could show how many plays he's getting open when he's on the field.

the ones were i saw every play, he was not giving it his all.  

that one play by mims says he is moore dangerous that moore.  he stresses the 3rd level of defenses.  plus i think he can be an effective red zone weapon.  trade the small wr for good draft capital, he definitely has value.  they seem to be content to play jeff smith over him anway.

• Upvote 1

Getting a feel for JD, I would expect either 

1. No deal because the value isn’t there

2. Kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone where he upgrades the OL or WR group down the stretch and heading into next year.

On the OL, we likely say goodbye to McGovern & Fant, and need insurance in case Tomlinson doesn’t turn it around.

At WR, who is better suited for which position and do Wilson & Moore overlap too much?  Is Moore a lost cause and locker room cancer?

• Upvote 2

Just now, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Getting a feel for JD, I would expect either 

1. No deal because the value isn’t there

2. Kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone where he upgrades the OL or WR group down the stretch and heading into next year.

On the OL, we likely say goodbye to McGovern & Fant, and need insurance in case Tomlinson doesn’t turn it around.

At WR, who is better suited for which position and do Wilson & Moore overlap too much?

i'd be surprised if a move was made for the OL with brown playing and mitchell coming back.  they needed rb experience and that was addressed.  really besides qb there is no obvious desperate need for an upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i'd be surprised if a move was made for the OL with brown playing and mitchell coming back.  they needed rb experience and that was addressed.  really besides qb there is no obvious desperate need for an upgrade.

Moore seems to be trying to force a trade thru sheer lack of effort.  By default, the WR situation has room to improve this year especially if they stick with Wilson.

Saleh “Zach needs to play better and we have to figure out how to help him”.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Moore seems to be trying to force a trade thru sheer lack of effort.  By default, the WR situation has room to improve this year especially if they stick with Wilson.

regarding wilson i don't think moore impacts that at all.  wilson needs to stop caring what is and is not boring.

• Upvote 2

I think most likely is they get a late pick for Bryce Hall.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Go get Gardner Minshew and trade Flacco back to Philly. Let Gardner start the rest of the season after the bye week for the soon to be 5-4 Jets.

Flacco being inactive last week made me wonder about something like this.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

that one play by mims says he is moore dangerous that moore.  he stresses the 3rd level of defenses.  plus i think he can be an effective red zone weapon.  trade the small wr for good draft capital, he definitely has value.  they seem to be content to play jeff smith over him anway.

only content to play him more than Moore after Moore's whining.

Against the Steelers, Moore played 90% of the snaps, by FAR the most of any offense skill player.

Against the Packers he had more snaps than GW by a decent amount.  A lot more than Smith.  A lot more than Berrios.

Alot more in Miami compared to Wilson, and of course berrios and Smith.

he's not producing.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

his snap count has dropped dramatically because his performance has sucked.

i wouldn't trade him unless I get a 2nd back from a bottom 15 team.  

46 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Seems like Mims handled the situation much better.   He asked for a trade prior to the season starting because he was way down on the depth chart.  Didn't get it and has worked to get himself in a position to play.

from what i hear, part of the issue last year was due to the Jets feeding him bad food, so have a bit of sympathy to him.  although too many boneheaded plays for my liking.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

his snap count has dropped dramatically because his performance has sucked.

i wouldn't trade him unless I get a 2nd back from a bottom 15 team.  

his performance of having most of his route be deep sideline routes is a waste of his route running ability - he's been completely misused this season... adding G Wilson basically gave yo u2 very similar guys. our QB isn't able to play at a level to take advantage of both. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

57 minutes ago, Wit said:

Trading Moore isnt the smart move. The issue has been QB play, unless hes a real cancer in the locker room. What would Joe Burrow do with all these weapons?

and im not so sure he is a cancer cause i think its has already spread threw out the locker room. he might not even be the guy who started it, just the one who opened his mouth publicly.

if we see Zach is bad, that locker room does too. getting rid of Morre does nothing to stop that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wit said:

Trading Moore isnt the smart move. The issue has been QB play, unless hes a real cancer in the locker room. What would Joe Burrow do with all these weapons?

Idk man, if Zach continues to struggle having an extra 2nd could help with moving up to grab a qb if needed