Trade Deadline (Merged)

hawk

32 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think if we won Sunday we would have seen a move for Conklin or Tunsil but it's probably wise to wait til after the season and build Moores trade value up

I never looked at that Tunsil rumor as something just for this year. We don't have a long term answer at LT. Mitchell and Becton will compete for the RT spot. We cannot pencil Becton in for anything more than competition. The LT spot is wide open. I expect Brown to retire and Fant to sign elsewhere.

I think we revisit the Tunsil trade in the offseason.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW, the Panthers supposedly just turned down the Rams offer of two firsts for Burns. @T0mShane it was a nice thought, but no thanks.  OTOH, that probably means stockpiling these edges might end up letting us trade some for even more than we got for Martin in future years. 

Tepper is clueless. You already dumped some talent and now you have a chance to grab 2 1st round picks ? 

3rd highest completion percentage (69.9%), 
3rd highest TD Pass Percentage (6.5%),
7th Lowest INT Percentage (1.6%),
1st in Yards Per Attempt (9.6 YPA)
1st in NFL in QB Rating (112.7)
Dolphins are 5-1 in games he has started, including a win over Buffalo where he had a 128.3 passing rating.
Am I missing something here? :-k
What part of his being a pretty clear-cut top 5 QB this year (with two league-best WR's) is holding them back, outside injury risk?

I agree. In my opinion. Things change. Like Josh Allen. My perception of him was that he’s got a great arm. Tremendous heart. Not good accuracy and that the bigger the game is he will make a mistake. Problem is 2 years have gone by now. And my perception of him definitely changed. Based on what he has shown… gotta say same thing with Tua. No arm. Fragile. Cant win with him. You know what. They can win with him and they are. And it SUCKS

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Tepper is clueless. You already dumped some talent and now you have a chance to grab 2 1st round picks ? 

That tweet was from 10am.  Maybe it was designed to get somebody else to pony up something?  Seems too extreme though.  If I were another GM, I wouldn't even call.  Why bother?  I would tell the guy to just take it since he wasn't going to want my 2023 2nd and 2024 3rd. 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That tweet was from 10am.  Maybe it was designed to get somebody else to pony up something?  Seems too extreme though.  If I were another GM, I wouldn't even call.  Why bother?  I would tell the guy to just take it since he wasn't going to want my 2023 2nd and 2024 3rd. 

I thought the Rams have traded their No 1 picks for like the next 5 years?

So what happens with Moore now? We keep giving him a handful of snaps a game and let the cancer grow? It’s clear he doesn’t want to be here and it’s clear the staff doesn’t want to use him.

I get wanting to get value back but this feels like a situation where you just take the best offer and cut bait. it might send a bad message but I don’t know what we do with him now.

• Upvote 1

Seems he just wants to contribute and use his talents to help the team ,, use him and I bet there won't be an issue.

So what happens with Moore now? We keep giving him a handful of snaps a game and let the cancer grow? It’s clear he doesn’t want to be here and it’s clear the staff doesn’t want to use him.
I get wanting to get value back but this feels like a situation where you just take the best offer and cut bait. it might send a bad message but I don’t know what we do with him now.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Jets0712 said:

I agree. In my opinion. Things change. Like Josh Allen. My perception of him was that he’s got a great arm. Tremendous heart. Not good accuracy and that the bigger the game is he will make a mistake. Problem is 2 years have gone by now. And my perception of him definitely changed. Based on what he has shown… gotta say same thing with Tua. No arm. Fragile. Cant win with him. You know what. They can win with him and they are. And it SUCKS

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Have you seen the passes he makes his WR’s are bailing him out. Look at hill and waddles stats without Tua pretty close. I like Tua, good kid but Hill is a first class scum bag. I Will never respect the Dolphins no matter what. It starts with there ArtDeco uniforms their goofy mascot, celebrity owners, Owner, and that stupid fins up song. I have never seen so many bandwagon fans in my life. They are ridiculously obsessed with the Jets for some reason, it’s really strange. 

• WTF? 2

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I think if we won Sunday we would have seen a move for Conklin or Tunsil but it's probably wise to wait til after the season and build Moores trade value up

I think that the bigger result was the Browns winning, and convincingly, last night.  If they lose that game, they might have been more inclined to let Conklin go.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

”the Rams offered two first-round picks for Brian Burns and the Panthers turned it down” is somehow insane for both sides at once

3 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Not that dumb to turn it down on Carolina's end.  This is the Rams' picks we're talking about.  Those two 1sts won't be until what, 2030?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

3rd highest completion percentage (69.9%), 

3rd highest TD Pass Percentage (6.5%),

7th Lowest INT Percentage (1.6%),

1st in Yards Per Attempt (9.6 YPA)

1st in NFL in QB Rating (112.7)

Dolphins are 5-1 in games he has started, including a win over Buffalo where he had a 128.3 passing rating.

Am I missing something here? :-k

What part of his being a pretty clear-cut top 5 QB this year (with two league-best WR's) is holding them back, outside injury risk?

I don’t think Miami makes it to the AFC Championship game because of Tua- JMO Time will tell.

6 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Ridley will be 0 help this year anyways since he’s suspended. Who knows maybe Moore will shape up or trade him for a 2nd and bring in another rookie wr on a cheap deal. Wrs tend to play well from the get go 

WHO is giving up a second for Moore? That’s where he was drafted and now he’s damaged goods 2 years in. Be lucky to get a Toney type deal for him.

4 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Have you seen the passes he makes his WR’s are bailing him out. Look at hill and waddles stats without Tua pretty close. I like Tua, good kid but Hill is a first class scum bag. I Will never respect the Dolphins no matter what. It starts with there ArtDeco uniforms their goofy mascot, celebrity owners, Owner, and that stupid fins up song. I have never seen so many bandwagon fans in my life. They are ridiculously obsessed with the Jets for some reason, it’s really strange. 

Movie Orchard Films GIF by 1091

5 hours ago, Stark said:

I don't think Saleh or JD want to trade Moore. Trading Moore doesn't improve the WR core at all. Especially when Davis is out on his multi-week leg injury. And even next season, Davis is gone ($14 mil) then what? 

If they wanted to move him im pretty sure they could have. I wouldn't be surprised to hear they turned down solid to decent offers for him.

I disagree, I think it would be silly to move on fron Davis for his cap hit next year. He's easily our QBs favorite target. Now if you move on from Zach then by all means but I'd be surprised if he was out after the year.

I do agree that I don't think they WANT to trade Moore, I think most of that has to do with his perceived value than anything else though. Someone offers a 1st and we'd have senr him oacking, JD knows value.

5 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I never looked at that Tunsil rumor as something just for this year. We don't have a long term answer at LT. Mitchell and Becton will compete for the RT spot. We cannot pencil Becton in for anything more than competition. The LT spot is wide open. I expect Brown to retire and Fant to sign elsewhere.

I think we revisit the Tunsil trade in the offseason.

I think you can trade for Tunsil after the season though. He was never a bandaid solution, it just would have made more sense in season to trade for him if we had won last week. I think the loss squarely puts us back in "Zach Wilson evaluation mode" instead of "we have a legit shot to go far in the playoffs". Had Zach played well and we won on Sunday we may have made the move, it is a long term answer like you said!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MykePM said:

I think that the bigger result was the Browns winning, and convincingly, last night.  If they lose that game, they might have been more inclined to let Conklin go.

Yes, agreed. I think Tunsil happens if we win and Conklin happens if the Browns lose. I think we have a legit shot at Conklin in FA though.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I disagree, I think it would be silly to move on fron Davis for his cap hit next year. He's easily our QBs favorite target. Now if you move on from Zach then by all means but I'd be surprised if he was out after the year.

I do agree that I don't think they WANT to trade Moore, I think most of that has to do with his perceived value than anything else though. Someone offers a 1st and we'd have senr him oacking, JD knows value.

Its not silly to move on from a guy that is overpaid just because he's someones 'favorite' target. Its the NFL players are going to be moved for 1 reason or another and if you only keep a guy, who's a step above JAG, just because he's Zach's favorite you are doing the team a disservice. Keeping $14 mil hits when your going to need that money for Q, if extended, and other acquisitions. 

No one's offering a 1st for Moore,  he would have been moved. If someone offered a 1 for Moore (agree you move him, but If won't happen) then by JN standards we can easily get a 1+ for C Davis. Only way you can get a 1 for Moore is from a very high level of performance over the next 9 games. Based on this offense its unlikely that happens. Would require Zach to play at a level he's not done for a full game for the rest of the year and then Moore would have to be a focus on offense, which if that is the case and he puts up that type of performance then why the heck you want to trade him. you'd tell teams to kick rocks.

3 hours ago, Stark said:

Its not silly to move on from a guy that is overpaid just because he's someones 'favorite' target. Its the NFL players are going to be moved for 1 reason or another and if you only keep a guy, who's a step above JAG, just because he's Zach's favorite you are doing the team a disservice. Keeping $14 mil hits when your going to need that money for Q, if extended, and other acquisitions. 

Corey Davis is currently the 28th highest paid WR, by the time next season starts he will be even lower since guys like Jeudy, Jefferson, Lamb and other guys from that draft class will be getting paid. Remember, 28th highest paid also doesn't mean 28th best player as there are plenty of better WRs on rookie contracts. IMO Davis' value has increased since last year because of the explosion of WR contracts. His contract is like a high end #2, which seems right. So for me I'd rather keep him at that number if it means our young QB feels comfortable.

3 hours ago, Stark said:

No one's offering a 1st for Moore,  he would have been moved. If someone offered a 1 for Moore (agree you move him, but If won't happen) then by JN standards we can easily get a 1+ for C Davis. Only way you can get a 1 for Moore is from a very high level of performance over the next 9 games. Based on this offense its unlikely that happens. Would require Zach to play at a level he's not done for a full game for the rest of the year and then Moore would have to be a focus on offense, which if that is the case and he puts up that type of performance then why the heck you want to trade him. you'd tell teams to kick rocks.

Oo for sure no one would be offering 1st for Moore, I'm just saying that's what it would have taken for me to trade him right now. We own his rights for 2.5 years, I think he's more valuable than say a 3rd and a 5th. I think we do look to move him in the offseason, might even be a similar package but we have the upside of "maybe we can make it work". With Moore it is about sending a message to the team that malcontents don't get what they want. Team comes first.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Corey Davis is currently the 28th highest paid WR, by the time next season starts he will be even lower since guys like Jeudy, Jefferson, Lamb and other guys from that draft class will be getting paid. Remember, 28th highest paid also doesn't mean 28th best player as there are plenty of better WRs on rookie contracts. IMO Davis' value has increased since last year because of the explosion of WR contracts. His contract is like a high end #2, which seems right. So for me I'd rather keep him at that number if it means our young QB feels comfortable.

Oo for sure no one would be offering 1st for Moore, I'm just saying that's what it would have taken for me to trade him right now. We own his rights for 2.5 years, I think he's more valuable than say a 3rd and a 5th. I think we do look to move him in the offseason, might even be a similar package but we have the upside of "maybe we can make it work". With Moore it is about sending a message to the team that malcontents don't get what they want. Team comes first.

Davis's number is his number. I don't care if he's the 100th ranked in pay. His contract is a high end #2 and he is not. Maybe to JETS fans he is, because he's a JET but he doesn't perform to that level. Get Zach comfortable with a better WR, save the $14 and put it elsewhere or towards a better WR

You're not sending a message that malcontents don't get what they want by moving him in the offseason. I don't think JD looks to move him at all. Unless Moore goes scorched earth and becomes a "malcontent" instead of unhappy.

The Moore solution is pretty simple... Wilson outside, Moore in slot, Mims or Davis on outside. Gadget plays with Moore and some of Berrios, but Moore should be involved there too. Have Zach actually learn to read the coverage correctly and not run backwards. encourage quick routes/recognition to help him, because he needs it, his awareness isn't great.

• Upvote 1