Trade Deadline (Merged)

hawk

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

If Joe Douglas is serious about making the playoffs this year, he needs a quarterback that's not on this roster to get ready during  the Jets bye week for the 2nd half of the season. F them draft picks! 

What QB would you think could come in at this point and be Effective, learn the playbook, and have some sort of chemistry with his offensive teammates. It’s White,  Flacco or Strev.  I can see a move in the off season but not at this point. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

I guess you missed his game against the Browns? He was throwing to Chase and co- you dont think theyre any good?

Is this post intended to call someone out for missing the Browns-Bengals game while also saying Burrow was throwing to Chase that game?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Seems like Mims handled the situation much better.   He asked for a trade prior to the season starting because he was way down on the depth chart.  Didn't get it and has worked to get himself in a position to play.

from what i hear, part of the issue last year was due to the Jets feeding him bad food, so have a bit of sympathy to him.  although too many boneheaded plays for my liking.

mims had a good game on sunday.  besides the long ball he had some shorter ones that moved the chains.  hard to say what's going on with moore.  only looking at the game film can people figure out if he's not getting open or what.  we know the patsies mug receivers at the line of scrimmage so sunday's game isn't a good measure.  and wilson didn't throw much in the two previous games.  so there's reason enough for moore not to be targetted or have receptions.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, doitny said:

i got news for you, another bad game or 2 by Zach and our QB will be A, B or C. 

I highly doubt it. Obviously, depends on HOW bad, right? Everything is relative. At some point, you have to realize benching a guy is the best thing for HIM, not just the team. Lets say he goes out there, gets sacked a bunch of times b/c he is holding on to the ball too long, throws 5 INTs completely shattering his confidence, starts panicking in the pocket immediately and putting himself in harms way. I mean, if your QB does that 2-3 games in a row, you HAVE to sit him for his own sake. It would take a complete implosion. That, or an injury is the ONLY way I see Zach getting benched. 

But 'another bad game or 2'. Nah. No way. The Jets are not evaluating Zach by whether or not he has 'another bad game or two'. Saleh just said that basically Zach is their QB for the rest of the season barring injury- they are sinking or swimming with him.  

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m surprised Moore hasn’t been traded. 

Douglas is not going to trade a player whom he loved and felt lucky to get for less than decent value.  Moore has to realized that for him to be dealt over the next few years he has to add value to himself and if he has to be patient to do so, so be it.

18 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I highly doubt it. Obviously, depends on HOW bad, right? Everything is relative. At some point, you have to realize benching a guy is the best thing for HIM, not just the team. Lets say he goes out there, gets sacked a bunch of times b/c he is holding on to the ball too long, throws 5 INTs completely shattering his confidence, starts panicking in the pocket immediately and putting himself in harms way. I mean, if your QB does that 2-3 games in a row, you HAVE to sit him for his own sake. It would take a complete implosion. That, or an injury is the ONLY way I see Zach getting benched. 

But 'another bad game or 2'. Nah. No way. The Jets are not evaluating Zach by whether or not he has 'another bad game or two'. Saleh just said that basically Zach is their QB for the rest of the season barring injury- they are sinking or swimming with him.  

Head Coaches lie all of the time. There is no way Saleh would've said, "If Wilson plays bad were going to make a change", especially considering Wilson seems to have a sensitive ego. They're going to publicly show confidence in him till they make a change.  The fact that they moved up White and can not give a good explanation as to why tells me more about how they feel behind the scenes. 

My opinion is that they moved White up to #2 so when they bench Wilson there aren't all of these questions about why White jumped Flacco on the depth chart.  They're planning for the move to take place by getting a PR strategy into place. That's how I see it anyway. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

No, he’s not 

I agree with you.  he is better than Toney but has not done enough to say he is better than Claypool.  But he also has an extra year of control on his contract at less than $2M per year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Oh. He thinks Moore is better than Claypool.

Claypool I think has shown more in his career so far. But it’s a good reference point for Moore’s value. Late 2nd to early 3rd I think.

Agreed -- like I just said in the post above, I tihnk Claypool has proven more than Moore, but with an extra year of team control for Moore, value should be similar.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Saleh only says that cause he doesnt believe Zach will be bad enough to bench. i dont even think Zach needs any turnovers to get benched at least for a game. keep leaving the pocket early and doing nothing with it and complete under 50% he could be benched for NE.

and Saleh will say that they just want to get to see White for a game. also even though Saleh would never admit i think NE could be in Zachs head. 7 INTs in 2 games. if White sucks they go back to Zach for Chicago. if he plays well Saleh will go with the hot hand.

plus he might have to throw the locker room a bone. they cant be happy with Zach. if White sucks he can say he tried but we dont have a better QB than Zach on this team ATM. 

if im in that locker room, Flacco, White those 2 statues will stay in the pocket and make plays. yes they will get sacked but there not afraid to take a hit. i think the plays they make will outweigh the sacks they take. MAC got sacked 6 times and still beat us. this whole narrative that Zach running and not taking sacks is overrated. maybe if he made a play or two while doing that it would be good, but now its a waste of time.