Davis a DNP again Today

kevinc855

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Loved Cotch. One of the more underrated Jets in my lifetime. I still hate how his tenure ended here. The offseason after 2010-2011 was the beginning of the end in so many ways. 

Having said that, Wilson is a better prospect than Cotch and will have a better career if he stays healthy. 

Rob Moore ? 

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

He’s Zach’s favorite weapon. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

I don't know what is going on with Davis, but I can suggest something should go on for Zach: Find another favorite weapon, like the three young studs we have on the team, the two solid pass-catching RB's, and the two able TE's on the roster. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I don't know what is going on with Davis, but I can suggest something should go on for Zach: Find another favorite weapon, like the three young studs we have on the team, the two solid pass-catching RB's, and the two able TE's on the roster. 

Zach has seemed to enjoy throwing to Garret Wilson the past two weeks. 

Could already be his new "favorite" weapon. 

• Sympathy 1

The disdain for Corey Davis continues…

Zach seems to like having him on the field.

And I’m pretty sure Davis has fewer drops than several of the fan favorite pass catchers this year.

Meaningful contributor, at a reasonable price.  Perhaps it’s just more fun to hate on him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Uzomah had quite a few targets against Buffalo too. And Conklin is another guy Zach often looks for.

Anyone but Moore, it seems.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

It’s not a weird take. I have watched every game since 1986 and STH since ‘09. You are a dramatic over-hyping Jets homer so I, respectfully, don’t put much weight in your opinions or football knowledge/acumen.

Davis is a physically talented WR who will continue to slide down the depth chart as his lack of availability continues. His play has been outperformed by Wilson, Conklin, and (before injury) RB Hall. All the more opportunity for Mims, Moore, and Smith to step up and they have more of a future with the Jets than Davis does in ‘23 due to drops, age, salary, and now injury history. 

another answer to your post:

So your the typical middle aged salty guy who loves to point to "every game" they watched since Reagan was President. Doesnt impress me. 

As for being a homer, I think a few on this board disagree with that. Proof is in my comment history but dont let facts get in the way of the false narative you are pushing thta Cory Davis hasnt contributed to this team when healthy. Evidence of your nonsensical take was referencing Hall who has been hurt since Denver. Get with the program. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

That’s why he only got a 3 year deal with 2 guaranteed. He has the physical talent of a WR1 and that’s what the depleted Jets WR depth chart needed while JDs picks developed. 

No one expected Davis to be a savior, he was a talent upgrade at a position of dearth that was necessary for the development of a young QB. JD was right in signing Davis for short $ 

I agree that signing him for short money was probably smart.  He simply isn't that good, but deserves snaps.  My issue isn't with your take on Davis, who is somewhere between eh and good. 

To me the real issue is JD's picks developing.  In 2020, Mims battled injury issues, but looked good.  Then in 2021 he whined and was a healthy scratch and eventually requested a trade.   In 2021 Moore battled injury issues but looked good.  In 2022 he has stopped being used, whined, tweeted like an idiot and requested a trade.  In 2022, Garrett Wilson has looked very good. . .

I do hope he comes back because he was having a very good year for us, and quite frankly, was clutch in multiple games. The good news is we have depth. I am excited to see Mims' continued progression and would like to see Moore get involved.

• Upvote 1

I continue to think as a receiver, I would avoid, at all costs, going to a team with QB play that is at the bottom of the league.  
A few superstar HOFers can make that work but for all other receivers it’s a bad deal.
So you're saying stay away from Chicago?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

So you cannot see a Davis, Wilson, Moore,  Mims lineup ?? With Berrios spotting Moore ?

Well the Jets never keep six wide receivers active on game days. Jeff Smith plays specials so they’re not gonna make him inactive. So it really comes down to Mims or Moore. 

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

Well the Jets never keep six wide receivers active on game days. Jeff Smith plays specials so they’re not gonna make him inactive. So it really comes down to Mims or Moore. 

Good point ... maybe Mims can man up and play specials.

19 hours ago, slimjasi said:

That could be part of the problem.  I get you have to have a 'favorite' target.  But he has 3 other quality receivers to throw to, two RB's, and two TE's.  Lets hope we see another quality start from Zach on Sunday.  He starts piling them up on top of each other, it will be amazing how much better he will be able to see everything!

1 hour ago, hotrodcharlie said:

It is a big loss for this week. It is going to be windy and difficult to throw downfield. You need a possession WR and that is Davis' game

Fantasy people - expect a million targets for Ty Conklin

#1 I’ll take the guy who drops but can also break a tackle, jump, and YAC over the guy who either drops it or catches and falls

#2 I’ll take the under.  What odds are you offering, sir? ?