Who will be the starting QB game one in 2023 for the New York Jets...

Beerfish

On 11/23/2022 at 4:49 PM, Beerfish said:

Okay you slugs, time to toss out your wild predication as to who the starter will be game one next year?

My pick?  Andy Dalton.

hoping its jimmy g or derek carr

obviously lamar jackson and aaron rodgers are unrealistic

worst case scenario? gardner minshew

• Sympathy 1

On 11/23/2022 at 5:01 PM, Irish Jet said:

I doubt it. 

His contract is up and Lance is hardly going anywhere given the investment made. They’ve made their bed.

Garoppolo to the Jets just makes a lot of sense right now. 

that would take alot of balls to resign Jimmy G. not like us who some people say 20 games isn't enough to see what Zach is.

i think its Minshew. 

he wont cost picks and he is someone Zach has at least a slight chance to beat out.

or if White leads us to the playoffs then its him. 

i think this FO wants to have an excuse to give Zach one more chance after his 2nd reset in 2 years. thats wrong but thats what i think. and guys like Jimmy G and Carr know this and any competition they claim will happen will be rigged. no way Zach can beat those 2 guys out.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Probably Zach Wilson.

And it’s probably a mistake.

Well I think we can guarantee that he is on the roster but at this point I don’t think they are just giving him the job.  A lot depends on how the rest of the season goes.  If White does ok and we make the playoffs we obviously won’t see Zach this season.  I’m still rooting for the kid to figure it out because he obviously has high upside but at the end of the day I just want to win 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

hoping its jimmy g or derek carr

obviously lamar jackson and aaron rodgers are unrealistic

worst case scenario? gardner minshew

I like every qb you listed. I think Derek carr is being undervalued here because he plays for a terrible organization. If you put him, and any one you listed on this team for that matter, they’d be the best qb in franchise history, minus joe

On 11/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, bla bla bla said:

I know, I'm in that same boat but there is some poetic justice to have him end the Patriots streak against us. He tried to cheat his way to Miami to face BB so I can see him wanting to go to a team Bill truly hates in the Jets.

I don't want to win a SB that way but Pats fans would be rolling over in their graves haha

For this to happen, we'd have to put together a much better OL.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, bla bla bla said:

I know, I'm in that same boat but there is some poetic justice to have him end the Patriots streak against us. He tried to cheat his way to Miami to face BB so I can see him wanting to go to a team Bill truly hates in the Jets.

I don't want to win a SB that way but Pats fans would be rolling over in their graves haha

For this to happen, we'd have to put together a much better OL.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I'm gonna pray for Zach to turn things around ... But more likely ...

Gardner Minshew

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I like Minshew as a one year kinda guy while sitting another draft pick. Or waiting on Zach I suppose. Not sure I like Minshew as a long term solution. Not sure a long term option will be available this coming off-season for us.

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I like Minshew as a one year kinda guy while sitting another draft pick. Or waiting on Zach I suppose. Not sure I like Minshew as a long term solution. Not sure a long term option will be available this coming off-season for us.

I think the Johnsons are done waiting.  They are going to push for more of a short term impact.  The future is now. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2022 at 4:50 PM, Augustiniak said:

I think SF would be wise to keep him.  I think it’s Andy dalton.

They can’t tag him IIRC. Part of the deal to bring him back. 

The contract includes no-trade and no-tag clauses, according to ESPN. Garoppolo will become a free agent next offseason. Garoppolo's no-trade clause does not mean there is no possibility he will be traded, according to ESPN.

21 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

I’d sign Brady just to piss off Belicheat. And it would be quite fascinating to see what he could with all our weapons. We’d have to really make sure our OL was top notch which, at this point, is pretty good and will be better next year.

Imagine how bad it would be to bring Brady here and still lose to the Pats, which is quite possible with a 46 year old QB.  What a nightmare. No way in the world do I want Brady in a Jets uniform. I'd rather have anybody else.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2022 at 5:04 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach wilson 100%

How can you say this?  He is the worst starting QB I’ve seen …  maybe ever.

I’m happy when he completes a wide open 5 yard pass.

We are going to find out he has a form of the Yips.

He will only be given the chance to compete for it.  That might mean we don’t invest heavily in another QB but there is no way in hell he is being given the job.

Cooper Rush

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Fitz makes Carr look like Tom Brady.  So you want a QB who never ever led his team to the playoffs and crapped the bed in every single big game he ever played to come here to make the Jets a winner?  Good luck with that. 

Sounds a lot like Matt Stafford.

Good, super talented player - that puts up big numbers every year - but stuck in a sh*tty organization that can't get out of their own way.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

On 11/25/2022 at 6:44 AM, doitny said:

i think its Minshew. 

he wont cost picks and he is someone Zach has at least a slight chance to beat out.

or if White leads us to the playoffs then its him. 

i think this FO wants to have an excuse to give Zach one more chance after his 2nd reset in 2 years. thats wrong but thats what i think. and guys like Jimmy G and Carr know this and any competition they claim will happen will be rigged. no way Zach can beat those 2 guys out.

Exactly. If Carr or garropolo are signed then you call it a wrap on Wilson's jets career

• Upvote 1