Who will be the starting QB game one in 2023 for the New York Jets...

Beerfish

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea based on his interviews it seems like he loves playing for Vegas and with Adams. Buddy of mine who's a Raider fan loves Carr, thinks he's a good QB, but understands if the Raiders hit the reset button.

Gotta think he'd cost a 1st + some

Yeah, 1+ is probably right and I would have zero problem giving up two 1's for him.

The Jets have a young, super talented roster - that can afford Carr and all the young guys, while they're on rookie contracts.

Now is the time to go all-in on winning a Super Bowl.  You'll have a 4 window to get it done before all the big contracts come up and Carr gets old.

This is what all the rebuilds are for - when the time is right to make a run you go for it.  It's time to go for it!

• Upvote 3

Jimmy G

Tom Brady

Zach Wilson

Mike White.

In that order of likelihood.  

Watch this Brady space.  Its a similar situation to Tampa Bay.  TB12 is not getting the Miami job that he wanted.  He can come to NY and stick it to the Dolphins, the NEP and his wife, perform for his son who lives across the river in Tribeca with his mother (and plays in NJ) and be the toast of the town.  We are overlooking this.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

imo it's going to be wilson.  i have faith he'll clean his act up.  but there is also a very good chance mike white gets the call if he manages to play well for this season.  after those guys, it's hard to say if the jets will opt for a proven vet.  if so i think it's gotta be garapallo.

I think it's gonna be Wilson, but ....

Go get Aaron Rodgers. He's got 1 guaranteed year left on his contract and I don't believe he's happy in Green Bay.  The Packers want to find out what they have in Love, so they might be willing to move him for a lower cost. He's due $50 million next year, and I don't know how that fits in the Jets' cap situation.

Now that's an upgrade.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:14 PM, bla bla bla said:

I secretly love this move but I think his floor is too low to gamble on his upside for a team that is so built. If I had to rank my preference:

Jimmy G

Carr

Minshew

Brady (yuck but legit possible)

Tannehill/Winston

I’d sign Brady just to piss off Belicheat. And it would be quite fascinating to see what he could with all our weapons. We’d have to really make sure our OL was top notch which, at this point, is pretty good and will be better next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 2

19 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Shocked so many say Carr. He is the worst “good” QB in the NFL.  In 9 seasons he has lead his team to the playoffs only once, where he is 0-1 and completed a little over 50% of his 54 pass attempts with a miraculously low longest completion of 26 yards. No thanks. 

The question is who will it be,  not who you want or think it should be 

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, bla bla bla said:

I know, I'm in that same boat but there is some poetic justice to have him end the Patriots streak against us. He tried to cheat his way to Miami to face BB so I can see him wanting to go to a team Bill truly hates in the Jets.

I don't want to win a SB that way but Pats fans would be rolling over in their graves haha

I’ll take a Super Bowl anyway I can get it at this point

On 11/24/2022 at 6:34 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

Shocked so many say Carr. He is the worst “good” QB in the NFL.  In 9 seasons he has lead his team to the playoffs only once, where he is 0-1 and completed a little over 50% of his 54 pass attempts with a miraculously low longest completion of 26 yards. No thanks. 

He needs to play better defensively for sure…

1d8qikpx8t1a1.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1