Baker Mayfield released (Merged)

Rhg1084

5 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I have always considered you one of the voices of reason on the board. How is our QB room a mess. We have a 300+ yards pocket passer who is just starting to get real opportunities. We have a 2nd round pick on the waiting, and a former Super Bowl champion for whatever advice or tip he may share in practice. 

This is a good team.  With an average NFL QB we'd have at least two more wins this season and higher expectations going forward.  MW had 2 chances to win in the 4th quarter and choked.  IMHO from what I've seen of MW so far he'll win half the games he starts and no more.  QB room is the weakest link on this team. 

I hope I'm wrong but that is my take.  Maybe I'm just pissed atm :)    

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

This is a good team.  With an average NFL QB we'd have at least two more wins this season and higher expectations going forward.  MW had 2 chances to win in the 4th quarter and choked.  IMHO from what I've seen of MW so far he'll win half the games he starts and no more.  QB room is the weakest link on this team. 

I hope I'm wrong but that is my take.  Maybe I'm just pissed atm :)    

I get why you say that, but while MW made some behind the receiver throws against the Vikings, he has done his job at a level we can win with, with a better OL. I truly believe that we win that game had our OL been able to allow our RB's to gain more than 2 yards a carry. I get we had some over 2 yards, for those that are going to nit pic me, but for the most part we had no running game to speak of against the VIkings. I believe MW is more than competent to win us games. 

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

I get why you say that, but while MW made some behind the receiver throws against the Vikings, he has done his job at a level we can win with, with a better OL. I truly believe that we win that game had our OL been able to allow our RB's to gain more than 2 yards a carry. I get we had some over 2 yards, for those that are going to nit pic me, but for the most part we had no running game to speak of against the ViIkings. I believe MW is more than competent to win us games. 

Ok I just watched a video of all MW throws and I have to admit I was too hard on him.  He played a good game and there were a lot of other factors that lead to that loss before you start looking in his direction. 

Glad I'm back down off the ledge :)   

• Upvote 2

On 12/5/2022 at 9:10 AM, Warfish said:

No, he isn't.  The Panthers are that dysfunctional.  And I think Baker has been playing at less than 100% for a while now.  

I'd be perfectly happy signing him (for short money) as a depth QB for 2023.  He's better than Streveler, and (IMO at least) better than Zach Wilson and Flacco.  And probably better than White (TBD).

Keep grabbing QB's till you find the right one.  When you can't seem to draft the Man, you have to find other ways to find the Man.

He is not good now and played poorly in the games he played for the panthers,  

On 12/5/2022 at 3:55 PM, Irish Jet said:

He just looks completely broken.

Showed so much promise as a rookie but whether it's physical or mental issues he's just not the same player.

I watched him some with the Panthers and he looked as bad anyone in the league. Who would have believed 18 months ago that Sam would be the better QB at this stage?

Zach Wilson bad?

We should sign Baker and have him compete with Zach for most overhyped and underperforming qb in the league
Whoa ...yet another self amusing dig at Zach from @VJpillyfan .. so funny .. I wish all my days could be filled with as much laughter as you provide. Serious .. have you tried stand up ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk