Offensive line injury Jets refuse to admit

hmhertz

11 hours ago, hmhertz said:

and refuse to state Remmers arms at 30.5" are way to short

Mike Remmers official arm measurements were 31.25 - that's shrinkflation my friend ;)

no it's not ideal for a starter and that's part of the reason Remmers isn't one 

he's also not super tall or super explosive. There's a reason why he's the 8th OT or whatever it is the Jets have employed this season 

and he's also not starting - hopefully they don't get into the situation where Remmers is subbing for Brown because Brown's shoulder finally gave out 

so you're not wrong Henry but these measurements are only worth what the player puts into them. There are some 35 inch arm guys who are worthless. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, genot said:

The thread sucks. On a serious note to Hertz. Remmers has been in the league for 10 years.  Those short arms have served him well.

Joe Thomas had 33.5 inch arms guys don't have to be DBrick to play tackle. it helps but it's not necessary. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Mike Remmers official arm measurements were 31.25 - that's shrinkflation my friend ;)

no it's not ideal for a starter and that's part of the reason Remmers isn't one 

he's also not super tall or super explosive. There's a reason why he's the 8th OT or whatever it is the Jets have employed this season 

and he's also not starting - hopefully they don't get into the situation where Remmers is subbing for Brown because Brown's shoulder finally gave out 

so you're not wrong Henry but these measurements are only worth what the player puts into them. There are some 35 inch arm guys who are worthless. 

I give you credit for answering the OPs question seriously.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

I give you credit for answering the OPs question seriously.

I'm not going to start a new thread for this because he doesn't rate it 

but there's actually stuff to like about Sam Schlueter the psquad guy they signed to replace LDT 

Undrafted left tackle from Minnesota, Schlueter spent the preseason with San Francisco, who run the same exact offense as Mike LeFleur or "MiLF" as some internet kids call him for short 

the good is he's 6'6" 310 and unlike Mike Remmers has 34 inch arms. 21 bench is functional strength

the bad is his explosiveness which doesn't exist at 5.5 40 yard dash, 7.72 3 cone

• Upvote 2