Fire Robert Saleh

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

An NFL head coach cannot botch clock management to the extent we just witnessed. That is completely unacceptable. 

Tough loss- for sure. That said… we ALL HATE YOU! Please either commit suicide like your namesake or just leave! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 3
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yea I’ve seen them do this before

They basically wasted 30 seconds 

I’ve heard Saleh defend it before saying they want to make sure they get the last play. That only makes sense if a FG wins and you still need to get closer 

awful clock 

He has botched clock management at least 6 to 7 times during his tenure. Zero improvement in that area. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

The clock management is one thing but the selling out on 4th and inches w/ no one paying attention for the big go win the play slide out the back door obviousness is even more egregious for a defensive coach.  And why sell out like that any way?  They need a TD and had yet to score one on offense on the day.  I get trying to win the game there but it's 4th and inches vs. an elite OL.

• Upvote 2

The QB threw for 300 yards and two touchdowns 
Special teams allowed a punt return 
the defense allowed a 51 yard td on 4th and 1 
The coaches blew the final drive with insane clock management 
Good job

Now talk about the things he did to lose us the game.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

An NFL head coach cannot botch clock management to the extent we just witnessed. That is completely unacceptable. 

Dude u have a whole fan based super pissed. I mean livid. And what do you do the second they lose? Post this stupid bs to pour salt in everyones wounds gfy

• Upvote 4

Just now, BP said:

Saleh let 55 seconds run off and didn’t use his second timeout until there was one second left. Anybody defending saleh on this is clueless 

My guess is the Lions showed a few times that they can score quickly, so he didn't want to get a FG and then leave too much time on the clock. Stretched it too much for sure, but letting the clock run down so the other guys don't have time to score isn't some cockamamie concept that doesn't exist.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

My guess is the Lions showed a few times that they can score quickly, so he didn't want to get a FG and then leave too much time on the clock. Stretched it too much for sure, but letting the clock run down so the other guys don't have time to score isn't some cockamamie concept that doesn't exist.

You have to have enough time to at least tie it lol and we didn’t, but we did save a timeout for tomorrow lol

• Haha 1

The clock management is one thing but the selling out on 4th and inches w/ no one paying attention for the big go win the play slide out the back door obviousness is even more egregious for a defensive coach.  And why sell out like that any way?  They need a TD and had yet to score one on offense on the day.  I get trying to win the game there but it's 4th and inches vs. an elite OL.

That was Mosley responsibility and he totally wiffed

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Gibby said:

His name. He’s annoying he chose his name.

if I get a break….. I’ll live with h it.

He earned it.

And you chose to make a remarkably crass and immature post out of it. That’s on you, not him. Take ownership of your remarkably immature actions. That was a stupid, ****** up thing to post. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, BP said:

You have to have enough time to at least tie it lol and we didn’t, but we did save a timeout for tomorrow lol

That's my point though. I actually think they lost it on the plays not the clock. Even with the clock at 30 seconds, they still could have pecked away into better FG range with the timeouts. 30 seconds with all your TO's, at the 50, at home, is plenty to work with to get 3. The bomb they threw on first was way more egregious than anything they did with the clock IMO. Absolutely no need for that there.