Derek Carr fixes this immediately

AFJF

Derek Carr = Boomer Esiason Part 2.

Boomer was 33 when the Jets brought him in.  Derek Carr will be 32 next year.  

Boomer was living off past glory (a very close Super Bowl loss to a great 49ers team) and he quickly fell off. 

Derek Carr doesn't even have any past glory (0-1 in the postseason) and he'll demand a ton from the Jets (years, AAV, guaranteed money, and probably a no-trade clause). 

Bringing Derek Carr here is a horrible idea that will only set the franchise back.

ALERT!!  ALERT!! 

STAY AWAY!!! 

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2023 at 9:25 PM, T0mShane said:

I would like them to do something exotic and daring—trade for Love or even Trey Lance—but I totally get that they don’t have that kind of rope anymore. If they have to settle for the Honda Civic so they can get back and forth to work, then that’s what they should do. 

How about signing Sam Darnold.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 1/4/2023 at 2:22 PM, AFJF said:

But Zach Wilson didn't win games.  The Jets won games.  And they won games with some herculean efforts from the guys around him who had to overcome his play.

Going from Carr to Wilson means going from the worst QB in the NFL to an upper half of the league QB play.  That would be huge with the weapons the Jets have on this roster.

Not sure how you think Carr is upper half. Is barely average and not very good. They had better play makers around him most of his career and looked like crap. No thanks 

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Not sure how you think Carr is upper half. Is barely average and not very good. They had better play makers around him most of his career and looked like crap. No thanks 

If Carr signed here tomorrow, his career passing stats would make him the most productive QB in Jets history. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, gdfodder said:

Is this dude a cold weather qb?
Bakersfield HS -> Fresno state —> Oakland/LV Raiders. Heard he’s 0-6 in games below 37deg.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is my concern with Carr - and I want to get Carr. His stats in those games are bad too. 

Seems that with more experience practicing and playing in the elements could improve that but you never know.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 1/5/2023 at 6:14 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Boomer was living off past glory (a very close Super Bowl loss to a great 49ers team) and he quickly fell off. 

Derek Carr doesn't even have any past glory (0-1 in the postseason) and he'll demand a ton from the Jets (years, AAV, guaranteed money, and probably a no-trade clause). 

Bringing Derek Carr here is a horrible idea that will only set the franchise back.

ALERT!!  ALERT!! 

STAY AWAY!!! 

Yet I see guys here wanting Brady (at 45) and Aaron Rodgers (at 40) . 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is my concern with Carr - and I want to get Carr. His stats in those games are bad too. 

Seems that with more experience practicing and playing in the elements could improve that but you never know.

Also keep in mind a lot of those games were in Div against good KC and Den teams. 

ALERT!!  ALERT!! 

STAY AWAY!!! 

Boomer Esiason? ?

Back then it was rare dudes would play beyond 35 even at the QB position because they used to allow them to take hits.

W/L is a team stat. Playoffs is a team stat. Carr has played on teams w/sh*t defenses his whole career. Why do you repeatedly ignore that?

On 1/5/2023 at 5:14 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

ALERT!!  ALERT!! 

STAY AWAY!!! 

What are you expecting him to get paid in the event he gets cut?

54 minutes ago, gdfodder said:

Is this dude a cold weather qb?
Bakersfield HS -> Fresno state —> Oakland/LV Raiders. Heard he’s 0-6 in games below 37deg.

FACT

0-7 actually averaging 1 TD and has only thrown more than 220 passing years once in games played under 36 degrees. 

Also Fact

We beat the #1 seed Bills on a perfect weather day with Zach Wilson throwing for 150 yards and 1 TD without Breece pr AVT.

The question we should be asking is - "with this team, does Derek Carr's sub 37 degree stat line win us games?"

I'd say if we are looking at sub 36 degree games we are likely relying on our RB more than our passing attack. Yes I do believe Carr can win important games with that average. 

His last game vs the Steelers was -15° at kickoff. He threw 3 INTs to beat out Josh Allen by 1 INT to be the most intercepted QB in the league.

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The difference is that they're both still good.  

No they are not Brady has been terrible this year despite the

usual ref gifts left right and center.

Rodgers was dreadful for over half of this year.

Both of them on the downside big time.

Also neither one of them will want to come to the jets more than likely.

ALERT!!  ALERT!! 

STAY AWAY!!! 

Boomer had no OL and Rich Kotite

On 1/4/2023 at 7:01 AM, T0mShane said:

In this vein, I woke up with the vision wherein Douglas and Saleh decide that all Zach Wilson really needs is a mentor who’s been through the grinder and we go into camp with a Zach Wilson and Baker Mayfield QB competition.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1