Zach Wilson Inactive Again Sunday. Saleh not playing a lot of younger players

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Saleh re: Zach: “Young players need reps”

Also Saleh: “Veterans should finish the season”

What a putz. Let the vets get a jump on rehabbing their bodies. Let the rookies get the all-important live reps.

With a win he can sell to Woody that they “doubled” their win total from last year though.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What a putz. Let the vets get a jump on rehabbing their bodies. Let the rookies get the all-important live reps.

For all the punters out there - Fins minus 1 is looking like a gigantic gift.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly.  Big time demerits for this bs.  Not cool, not liking this at all.

Now imagine a career ending injury because the guy on each side of you is going half speed, whereas the young guys (you would think but not guaranteed) would be going all out.

I was against Saleh (when I saw absolutely Nothing from this team), then I was for Saleh (when the D really turned it around), now I’m back to against.

I’m seeing lots of nice guy Herm Edwards who is consistently out coached, and this move playing the vets in a meaningless game, that’s Todd Bowles or Gase, trying to shine up a lousy resume.

• Upvote 1

You play to win the game!

And that is not guaranteed given how the team has played.  Inserting "less ready" players does nothing for their development or long term evaluation, and it does nothing for the team. 

The one argument that could make sense is working to improve draft position with a loss.

The team has plenty of time to evaluate the young players, along with plenty of "information" from being around them all season.

Nothing to see here...

What an absolutely preposterous decision.  The reason you wouldnt play younger guys at this point is if they were going to put another player in harms way (ie rookie LT who is unprepared) - and that is not the case with ANY of the players who should see significant action.

1. Tony Adams/Ashtyn Davis.  Adams played well on sunday and should see every snap on defense. Whitehead has been a disappointment and there is no reason to play him over davis (not that I think davis has a future here but who knows)

2.  Jamien Sherwood - at some point we need improved LB play and I for one cant wait to see Qunicy Williams out of a Jets uniform.  Sherwood has been brough along slowly enough, getting him a full games worth of reps is important for next year.

3. Jeremy Ruckert - the guy has had a full season of the playbook, has been active for enough games to not be a liability and there is no upside to playing CJ or Conklin.

4.  Tanzel Smart - another young player who flashed a little but what is the downside of him getting 40% of the snaps for once?  Maybe we will see something new from Nathan Shepherd that we havent seen in his career to date?

5. Denzel Mims - absolutely no benefit to Corey Davis playing at this point

Saleh's job became "prepare for 2023-24" with the loss on sunday.  Playing veterans over the above guys counter to that job.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What young players are we not playing?  Sherwood?  Nasrildeen?  Adams is already going to be getting the run for Joyner.  Ruckert?  I guess that is one. Irvin Charles is 3 years older than WIlson and Moore. 

IDK. Our young players have been playing. But we have to complain about everything.

54 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Someone should tell our coach that it is impossible to "finish the season strong" - we blew that chance weeks ago. The team is playing to avoid 6 straight losses. 

yeah this is insulting and fixable. it's spite at this point.

Not a fan of tanking  when multiple direct playoff implications are involved. Not comparable to other cosmetic wins at all notwithstanding (1) injury risk, (2) draft position (given where our pick now is) and (3) helping the hated-on-this-board Pats or mixed-feelings-on-this-board Steelers.

I have this sense that Woody might take a page from the Giants' playbook and cut bait after 2-years.  You hear guys like Cimini & Beningo saying that Woody Johnson is livid after the Seahawks debacle coupled with the fact that the Giants are getting all of the attention now, sprinkle in a little bit of the fan outrage and that could be the recipe for change.

• Post of the Week 2

I'm ok and supportive of playing the starters... but I guess others are more worked up about it.

The Jets don't have a long history of "young players" being hidden on the bench that are great or even good players.  The good young players play...

Even though every year, fans kill coaches for not playing younger "depth players", that are usually at best serviceable depth players or worse.

Someone refresh my memory on all those young players that Bowles and Gase refused to play?!

Happy for Mike that he gets another shot. Whether that’s a smart health/business decision is another question entirely.
But like I’ve said before: Mike White ******* LOVES football. So he’s playing if his # is called and he’s cleared. 
Yes he is ... Even if it means playing badly ... He will play. I hope he learned last week that if you are not capable of performing due to injury... Don't play ... It will only hurt the team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk