Lamar Jackson News

I just read that the Ravens are making Lamar a part of the new OC search and he will have a big say in who they hire. That tells me they intend to sign him and that there was also a rift between him and Roman.

2 things here --

1. Started sh*t with his coaches which was probably kept in house but is still troubling and can cause problems in the locker room.

2. He wont be available for the Jets since the Ravens are kissing his ass enough they fully intend on paying him.

To this I say thank You Ravens so we don't have to lose 2 Firsts and 35 + mil on a QB who is currently having Leg issues (don't care how he got them since they exist)

that could put a damper on the best portion of his game.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Yeah, so the ravens were never going to say anything else. 

If they really, really wanted him this much why not pay him what he wanted last year?

Ravens are pretty much saying nothing.  They were never going to come out and say  " yeah,  we want him gone. "

They will try to keep him but that will depend on the price and of course whether Lamar wants to stay. You know the guy that just opted out of a playoff game with the exact same franchise last week.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Cant wait for Ryan Tannehill 

please no .... if its not Carr or Rodgers then it will be White and at that point we still could spend to get a bad ass WR that actully can play the position and send Corey Davis the hell out of here.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, so the ravens were never going to say anything else. 

If they really, really wanted him this much why not pay him what he wanted last year?

Ravens are pretty much saying nothing.  They were never going to come out and say  " yeah,  we want him gone. "

They will try to keep him but that will depend on the price and of course whether Lamar wants to stay. You know the guy that just opted out of a playoff game with the exact same franchise last week.

I think dumping Roman says all it needs to say. Also they didn't do this last year because they probably offered Lamar a contract which he then declined. 

• Upvote 1

"We like Zach." - Zach was benched a day or 2 later

"We want Jamal Adams to be a Jet for life." - Jamal Adams was traded

"Sam (Darnold) is unbelievably talented, there is a reason why he was the third pick, just watch the tape."  - Rob Saleh, Sam was then traded.

"AJ Brown isn't going on the trade block while im the head coach here." - Mike Vrabel, who is still the head coach in Tenn, AJ Brown was traded.

"Josh Rosen is our guy." - Kliff Kingsbury, he then picked Kyler Murray.

Teams lie, think about this, if you're Lamar, why would you help the team hire a coordinator if they haven't paid you yet?  Pay me and I'll help. If you don't pay me, I wont be helping.  Lamar is likely to stay, but you've heard it all before.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

please no .... if its not Carr or Rodgers then it will be White and at that point we still could spend to get a bad ass WR that actully can play the position and send Corey Davis the hell out of here.

Mike white will not be starting for this team. If he is you can say by to Saleh and JD.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, slats said:

He seems to be dug in for a fully guaranteed contract that exceeds Watson’s, and a new OC of his choosing doesn’t fix that. Attracting multiple bidders could, though. 

He wants a fully guaranteed contract because he knows he can’t stay healthy and he wants to cover his ass. Can’t blame him if someone is dumb enough to do it.

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I just read that the Ravens are making Lamar a part of the new OC search and he will have a big say in who they hire. That tells me they intend to sign him and that there was also a rift between him and Roman.

2 things here --

1. Started sh*t with his coaches which was probably kept in house but is still troubling and can cause problems in the locker room.

2. He wont be available for the Jets since the Ravens are kissing his ass enough they fully intend on paying him.

To this I say thank You Ravens so we don't have to lose 2 Firsts and 35 + mil on a QB who is currently having Leg issues (don't care how he got them since they exist)

all in for Rodgers or Carr

14 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Cant wait for Ryan Tannehill 

F that... 

have to be in for Rodgers, if pack willing to trade him and Carr. Can't waste time either. JD should already know what Pack are willing to do for Rodgers and should have already know if he needs to make a small trade to get Carr. 

If we don't get either of the above and settle for Jimmy G or a Tannehill type just might as well roll with Mike White and some other non inspiring mediocre guy. 

This is how it plays out.

Lamar wants the Deshaun Watson fully guaranteed contract. 

Ravens don't want to give it to him but begrudgingly do, he is the face of the franchise, he is their best player and the Qb market is bad.

The ravens will give him the monster deal he wants but here is where the problems come in.

To protect their investment both the team and Lamar do not want hm getting hurt at the rate he has been hurt the last few years.

Thus they change their offense and try to make him way more of a pocket passer.  (Part of the reason Roman is gone)

Lamar will either not have the success he thinks he is going to have then has to revert to the run game and gets hurt or he sticks as a pocket passer and is an average QB.

As for the jets angle?   I never thought the ravens would let him go so never thought the jets had any chance in this.

• Upvote 1

Saw this on ravens board..

1. Ravens final offer to Lamar before the start of the season was 6-yrs, $275M, $200M in guarantees, and $133M fully guaranteed at signing. Lamar declined.

If that's true...idk wtf he's looking for lol. That puts him over R. Wilson by $75M in guaranteed money. 

Browns really F'd everyone up.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Saw this on ravens board..

1. Ravens final offer to Lamar before the start of the season was 6-yrs, $275M, $200M in guarantees, and $133M fully guaranteed at signing. Lamar declined.

If that's true...idk wtf he's looking for lol. That puts him over R. Wilson by $75M in guaranteed money. 

Browns really F'd everyone up.

Tbh Lamar can get exactly what he wants from another team, Baltimore is screwed 

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

2 things here --

It was a pipedream that he would come here. It was never going to happen just based on what it would cost to get him here.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Stark said:

all in for Rodgers or Carr

F that... 

have to be in for Rodgers, if pack willing to trade him and Carr. Can't waste time either. JD should already know what Pack are willing to do for Rodgers and should have already know if he needs to make a small trade to get Carr. 

If we don't get either of the above and settle for Jimmy G or a Tannehill type just might as well roll with Mike White and some other non inspiring mediocre guy. 

Tannehill was sarcasm. I would take Rodgers or Carr but I dont think Carr makes this team anything than maybe 1 and done in playoffs 

8 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Tannehill was sarcasm. I would take Rodgers or Carr but I dont think Carr makes this team anything than maybe 1 and done in playoffs 

Rodgers looked bad as ever this past year, he's easily showing his age and will only get worse from here on out. Start fresh with a promising Rookie please. Zach Wilson will not duplicate itself this time around.

59 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Rodgers looked bad as ever this past year, he's easily showing his age and will only get worse from here on out. Start fresh with a promising Rookie please. Zach Wilson will not duplicate itself this time around.

We could always start Zach Wilson. Our 2023 motto would be crash for Caleb (Williams).

6 hours ago, TNJet said:

Carr wasn't good this yr either. 

On 1/20/2023 at 5:11 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we've found a dumb enough franchise!

If Hughes is correct then this pretty much shows that Douglas/Saleh are in self preservation mode and could compromise the long term health of the team for a playoff push next year.

I think it will be Carr but a big time trade for Rodgers/Jackson isn’t impossible if these guys are willing to eat the cap/picks hit to save their asses.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If Hughes is correct then this pretty much shows that Douglas/Saleh are in self preservation mode and could compromise the long term health of the team for a playoff push next year.

I think it will be Carr but a big time trade for Rodgers/Jackson isn’t impossible if these guys are willing to eat the cap/picks hit to save their asses.

Woody said there isn’t a playoff mandate. Why would they think of doing something that irresponsible?