Jets have 8th best odds to win superbowl next season

Rhg1084

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So they should “be patient” and do what? Stick with Zach? Or MW?

I really dont know.  That are in a really strange situation.  They could do something like bring in Garropolo and draft a qb in the 2nd round or something like that.

Then you let jimmy play until he eventually gets hurt and hope that hackett has either zach or the 2nd round rookie qb you drafted ready to go.

Listen, Zach bombing has thrown a huge wrench in this whole thing.  There has to be a way out.  Maybe what I just laid out is the way to go.

But bringing in Rodgers, albeit exciting, has 0 chance of working out and gets everyone canned.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  If they would stay patient they could do it.  But it looks like they are going for the desperate, quick fix approach.  That is the death knell for GM/Coach.

We have seen this happen before.  

It is weird.  I will be excited that we have Rodgers.  But will also know it will cause the end of this regime.

Look on the bright side.  It can't happen fast enough.  We need a reset on the brightest GM/HC in Jets history to go with the next reset on a QB who can make off platform throws.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lol at this fan base saying JD might lose his job as sauce and Garrett Wilson win rookie of the year awards and Wilson only won because breece got hurt. 

Keep doing your thing....

Yeah, a pair of Top 10 picks that half of this fanbase would’ve drafted.

Let’s not act like Douglas unearthed some hidden gems here.

Sooner or later you need results on the field. And Douglas’ Jets teams are a combined 20-46 during his tenure.

You’re not far away from getting fired with that resume.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Don't be the under this year, dark siders.

That’s like admonishing souls in hell for not betting that today will be the first day in 500 years that they don’t get a flaming pineapple up the ass.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

At the end of the day not doing it will  also cost them their jobs. Why not go out taking the big swing!!!?

That is exactly what it sounds like they are doing.

I hope they reconsider;

1- Garropolo

2- Wilson

3- Rookie qb drafted in 2nd or 3rd round

Then you do not have to trade draft picks and can use them to keep improving the team.  Also have more money for free agents.

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I really dont know.  That are in a really strange situation.  They could do something like bring in Garropolo and draft a qb in the 2nd round or something like that.

Then you let jimmy play until he eventually gets hurt and hope that hackett has either zach or the 2nd round rookie qb you drafted ready to go.

Listen, Zach bombing has thrown a huge wrench in this whole thing.  There has to be a way out.  Maybe what I just laid out is the way to go.

But bringing in Rodgers, albeit exciting, has 0 chance of working out and gets everyone canned.

You said unfortunately.  They are setting themselves up so that Rodgers is their best case.  If that is their best plan, then when it implodes maybe they deserve to go.,  No? 

38 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's funny to see jets fan act like drafting great players in the first round is so easy when we've had tons of busts.

Yeah, and Douglas has drafted his share.

The highest drafted QB this franchise has taken since Namath who doesn’t look like he knows his assh0le from his elbow?

Douglas drafted him 

The fatass, thin skinned OT who spends all of his spare time on Twitch and hasn’t played in two years?

Douglas drafted him

The guys most recent draft class gets an A++, but to pretend like Joe Douglas has been Ozzie Newsome is absurd. His free agent acquisitions outside of D.J. Reed have largely been sh*t as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yeah, and Douglas has drafted his share.

The highest drafted QB this franchise has taken since Namath who doesn’t look like he knows his assh0le from his elbow?

Douglas drafted him 

The fatass, thin skinned OT who spends all of his spare time on Twitch and hasn’t played in two years?

Douglas drafted him

The guys most recent draft class gets an A++, but to pretend like Joe Douglas has been Ozzie Newsome is absurd. His free agent acquisitions outside of D.J. Reed have largely been sh*t as well.

I get it,  Wilson was a bad pick.  He also took AVT in that draft and MC2, and I'll bet elijah moore has a break out year if JD does fix the QB position. 

Either way, good luck finding a GM that will do better.  It's like some of you forget how horrible our history of GMs have been. We are more likely to replace JD with the next Macc than find someone better.  So take it easy on the pitchforks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I hope they reconsider;

1- Garropolo

2- Wilson

Then you do not have to trade draft picks and can use them to keep improving the team.  Also have more money for free agents.

1. Can't stay healthy

2. Can't play

3. Need to sit a couple of years.

I applaud your patience but give me A-Rod or bust!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

why does it have a zero chance of working out?  do you think we don't make the playoffs with him?

zach bombing was really bad for this franchise.

• Upvote 1

I hope they don't trade for Rogers but think it's going to happen Woody is putting pressure on JD just like he did to bring Farve over. I know how this will end Rogers will get hurt Jets have no viable backup will miss the playoffs and Rogers will retire like Farve did and come back and play for another team maybe Minnesota  then Woody will clean house bring in another Schmuck for GM and start all over again. Don't think that JD and Saleh really are onboard with this Just like Mangini wasnt onboard with Farve trade. It has Woodys hands all over it just like the Farve trade and Tim Tebow trade. This is why this franchise will never win a SB with the Johnson boys meddling.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

1. Can't stay healthy

2. Can't play

3. Need to sit a couple of years.

I applaud your patience but give me A-Rod or bust!!!

I mean some of these fans with their “patience” narrative I think need their heads checked. How bout we go get Rodgers and actually try to win 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I get it,  Wilson was a bad pick.  He also took AVT in that draft and MC2, and I'll bet elijah moore has a break out year if JD does fix the QB position. 

Either way, good luck finding a GM that will do better.  It's like some of you forget how horrible our history of GMs have been. We are more likely to replace JD with the next Macc than find someone better.  So take it easy on the pitchforks.

And this is the problem with Jets fans....

The bar is so low when it comes to roster development that our threshold of settling for what we have supersedes what's needed to actually get results and get over the hump. 

Look around the league. It doesn't take 5+ years to get into the playoffs  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

And this is the problem with Jets fans....

The bar is so low when it comes to roster development that our threshold of settling for what we have supersedes what's needed to actually get results and get over the hump. 

Look around the league. It doesn't take 5+ years to get into the playoffs  

This team is getting better. Two rookies of the year. Why would think it's a good idea to let Woody hire someone new and start over? Have some patience. 

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This team is getting better. Two rookies of the year. Why would think it's a good idea to let Woody hire someone new and start over? Have some patience. 

I never said it's time to fire JD.....

But people are fooling themselves if they think his seat isn't getting warmer going into the 2023 season, and unless he's able to properly address QB and OL, he's probably a goner. He's up for an extension at the end of next season, and anyone would be hard pressed to earn one missing the playoffs in 5+ seasons of their tenure. This is a results based business....which is ultimately measured in wins. 

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I’ve been telling you bitches for the last two months

Saleh and Douglas would have to have dildos between their ears not to realize that their jobs are on the line. All the talk of them staking their careers on Mike White or Gardner Minshew was always bonkers.

We’re getting A-Rod and we’re winning a Super Bowl within the next two years. Get on the bus.

hanging eric cartman GIF by South Park

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I hope they reconsider;

1- Garropolo

2- Wilson

Yes garoppolo, such a much better option than Rodgers 

• Haha 1